Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexie's Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012:
    151.2 lbs

    Breakfast - green tea, 10 pecan halves
    Lunch - Trader Joe's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins, Trader Joe's Very Cherry Frozen Berries mixed with cottage cheese, Trader Joe's Grean Beans & Greens Mixed Vegetables
    Snack - String cheese stick, a small scoop of tuna salad
    Dinner - Burger patty with blue cheese, bacon, and balsamic, fries, 1 Strongbow Cider

    Exercise - Nada

    Yesterday, I had a date at a local pub, which accounts for the semi-slide out of primal. But, I only had one drink, and I didn't even miss the burger bun. Since it was a first date, I didn't want to look too picky with my order, but I think I made semi-decent choices overall. I woke up today at the same weight, which made me happy. Usually I bloat right up when I have beer and burgers, but having only one cider and eliminating the bun seemed to fix a lot of these problems. I'm guessing I'm more gluten intolerant than I thought, which makes me definitely want to keep at this. I'm already starting to mull meal plan ideas for next week. I've found a few good recipes that really look appealing.

    At least the meal went well. The date was a bit of a dud, ha.


    Thursday, August 23, 2012:
    Breakfast - black tea, 10 pecan halves
    Lunch - Trader Joe's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins, Trader Joe's Very Cherry Frozen Berries mixed with cottage cheese, Trader Joe's Grean Beans & Greens Mixed Vegetables
    Snack - 10 pecan halves
    Dinner - 2 hardboiled eggs, Trader Joe's Chianti sausage, 2 radishes (the spiciest ones I've ever tasted, holy crap!), a cheese stick, and approx. 20 grapes.

    Exercise - not happening, since I'm sitting through three hours of class tonight. I will be so happy to have law school over and done with.
    Last edited by lexie; 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Friday, August 24, 2012:
      150.4lbs

      I woke up craving a big steak covered in caramelized onions and mushrooms with a side of eggs. Alas, I had nothing in my house to satisfy such a craving. And then I got to work and one of my coworkers was eating cinnamon toast. Guess what I'm craving now?

      Instead of eating, I'm trying to figure out what to have for lunch, as I'm out of things to pack. I did manage to put together a healthy dinner, so at least I won't be falling off the wagon later, but I'm struggling with what to go get/order at lunch. Checking out the local menus - so far not impressed, even with the gluten free options. Here's hoping I find something to eat, since I'm nowhere near ready to IF. I'm still in that ravenous hunger phase that always happens when I first cut out grains and lower my carbs.

      Comment


      • #18
        Breakfast - black tea, 10 pecan halves

        Found a few options by digging online. First Watch has a couple omelets that I could get with a side of greens instead of an English Muffin. They also have a hash that looks good, so that's a few possibilities. There's a BBQ place I could order takeaway from that's not too terrible, although the sauce probably isn't great. Or I could get lettuce wraps and soup or stir fry veggies from the Asian place. They don't use MSG or trans fat oils, but I'm guessing the actual oils they use aren't the best. I'm guessing the cooking oils from any place I go are going to be bad, so....decisions, decisions.

        Comment


        • #19
          City BBQ isn't too bad if you eat the meat and the green beans. I'm just personally not a fan of them. Out here in J-town, we have a BBQ joint where I get brisket or pulled pork with Carolina sauce(vinegar based) and greens or broccoli salad. If you like Bob Evans, order the omelets al a carte and get a side of bacon. How are the Trader Joe's mini turkey meatloaf muffins? Do you cook at all? If you need help with recipes, let me know.
          Georgette

          Comment


          • #20
            Hey, glad to see you back and posting. it can be hard when people (family, friends) dont get what your doing. Its at that moment when you decide to slide or try and educate, OR just say you arent hungry haha.

            Im wheat intolerent (gluten I think), so stopping eating bread etc was easy, and people dont stress much about it when they know that.

            try and get something in you for breakkie. Im a huge fan of omelettes - 3 eggs, a little milk, some chopped basil, salt, pepper. In the pan with some olive oil (or oil of your choice really). I then dress half of it with strawberries, rasperries, grapes, goats cheese, maybs some bacon or smoked salmon (starting to salavate), anything you like. Then fold in half and there you go, an omelette calzone.

            Sorry to hear about the date, not second date on the cards (hope he isnt a Marks daily Apple subscriber or this could be a sucky way to find out)?

            Richard
            It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

            Comment


            • #21
              One thing about IF, don't force it. You will actually be surprised how easily it will happen. In my honest opinion, I wouldn't IF though. The body needs fuel and I found that IFing made life a gazillion times worse for me. I couldn't lose at all period. It could be a male/female thing, who knows but this has been my experience.

              There are plenty of fish in the sea(I know, cliche'd). Good luck with the dating scene. That is one thing that I am glad to not be a part of.
              Georgette

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by geostump View Post
                City BBQ isn't too bad if you eat the meat and the green beans. I'm just personally not a fan of them. Out here in J-town, we have a BBQ joint where I get brisket or pulled pork with Carolina sauce(vinegar based) and greens or broccoli salad. If you like Bob Evans, order the omelets al a carte and get a side of bacon. How are the Trader Joe's mini turkey meatloaf muffins? Do you cook at all? If you need help with recipes, let me know.
                The Trader Joe's mini turkey meatloaf muffins aren't terrible. They aren't the best food I've eaten, but I had about 30 minutes on Sunday to do grocery shopping for the week and no prep time. They were something I could throw in my bag and nuke at work. They're TINY though - more like a snack than a meal. I probably wouldn't buy them again, because they do have some crap in them, but they're much better than most of the other options I had. I do cook, last weekend was just a bit crazy. I'm looking forward to this weekend - I've got a few recipes I've planned to try, the living simple paleo casserole, some pumpkin pudding, yum!

                Originally posted by geostump View Post
                One thing about IF, don't force it. You will actually be surprised how easily it will happen. In my honest opinion, I wouldn't IF though. The body needs fuel and I found that IFing made life a gazillion times worse for me. I couldn't lose at all period. It could be a male/female thing, who knows but this has been my experience.

                There are plenty of fish in the sea(I know, cliche'd). Good luck with the dating scene. That is one thing that I am glad to not be a part of.
                I have no plans to force IF. I figure if it happens, it happens. I've dealt with blood sugar issues occasionally, so if I get hungry, I do try to eat. Once I've done this whole thing longer, I think my body will adjust and I can just eat when I'm hungry and skip when I'm not. Since my blood sugar issues tend to crop up during that time of the month, I think it's a hormonal thing, and who knows, maybe I won't be able to ever IF. I don't think it's the most important thing.

                Originally posted by Richardmac View Post
                Hey, glad to see you back and posting. it can be hard when people (family, friends) dont get what your doing. Its at that moment when you decide to slide or try and educate, OR just say you arent hungry haha.

                Im wheat intolerent (gluten I think), so stopping eating bread etc was easy, and people dont stress much about it when they know that.

                try and get something in you for breakkie. Im a huge fan of omelettes - 3 eggs, a little milk, some chopped basil, salt, pepper. In the pan with some olive oil (or oil of your choice really). I then dress half of it with strawberries, rasperries, grapes, goats cheese, maybs some bacon or smoked salmon (starting to salavate), anything you like. Then fold in half and there you go, an omelette calzone.

                Sorry to hear about the date, not second date on the cards (hope he isnt a Marks daily Apple subscriber or this could be a sucky way to find out)?

                Richard
                Thanks for the welcome back! And no, the date is not a MDA subscriber - at least I don't think so! I'm doing the whole Match.com thing, so there are plenty of fish in the sea, for me and him. I have another date tonight, so we'll see how this one fares! We're seeing a movie after I get out of class, so at least I don't have to worry about figuring out food.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Have fun on your date tonight and don't sweat the food!
                  Georgette

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Boss threw me for a loop with a change in plans, so I ended up with Chipotle for lunch. Rice, steak, tomato salsa, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and lettuce. Delish! Still isn't killing that craving for a giant steak with mushrooms and onions though. I will have to try and manage that sometime this weekend. At least it's not a craving for cake, ha.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I can tell it's that time of the month, because I have been at the grit-my-teeth level of frustration all day today. Not exactly conducive to sitting through two hours of class and then going on a date. At least it's a movie, so I won't have to try for long to be charming. It's not really good to cancel with a "Sorry, I feel like a raging bitch, I can't make it."

                      Dinner was packed again. Two hardboiled eggs, Trader Joe's sausage, grapes, red pepper strips, and string cheese.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        You're a lot nicer than I am. I would've canceled the date due to being a ragin' bia.
                        Georgette

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          You're a lot nicer than I am. I would've canceled the date due to being a ragin' bia.
                          Haha, it turned out to be okay. Funny enough, he actually fell asleep during the movie because they've been working him like crazy at work. I've been out with him for a few times now, and it's been a comedy of errors each time - date before last, I ended up with about a gallon of water getting dumped on me accidentally (long story). We'll see if he asks again!

                          Saturday, August 25, 2012:
                          149 lbs.!

                          Despite the day of success with the scale, the rest of the day went to hell. Still bitchy and frustrated and things were just not going well. So, I ended up having a (small, at least) ice cappuccino from Tim Hortons, and then as a late lunch/early dinner, a big McDonald's burger, fries, and a large Coke. I don't even regret it, I'm in such a mood. I'm going to get back on track tomorrow though. By the time I was done with that Coke, I wasn't even enjoying it anymore. I don't think staying the course tomorrow will be a problem.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Sunday, August 26, 2012:
                            149.8 lbs.

                            Not too bad - I was expecting more bloat from yesterday than that. It probably helped that I went for an hour long walk in the evening. Lunch today was also a wash, but as a plus, dinner is tuna nicoise salad and I have cooked a ton of crap for lunches and dinners this week.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Best. pot roast. recipe. EVER.

                              I cannot wait to eat this during the week. It just finished and smells delicious!

                              Leftovers: Mushroom Gravy Slow Cooked Rump Roast | PaleOMG - Paleo Recipe

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Looks like a neat recipe. Have you tasted it yet?
                                5'2", 55 years, Primal since April. Pre-Primal weight loss, from 216.6 to 157.8
                                Primal low: 140.2 (Dec. 3) Goal weight: 135?
                                Main Primal goal: beating back my CFS enough to function more normally and start writing again

                                More and more, our life has been governed by specialists, who know too little of what lies outside their province to be able to know enough about what takes place within it.
                                - Lewis Mumford

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X