No announcement yet.

Primal Journal...Stop_hammertime.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totes twinzies= totally twins. I should really try to make more sense.

So folks, I am down to 193 now. that is 7lbs in 4 days. Obviously it is water but it means my body is working like it should and I am obviously having some sort of energy deficit leading to the water loss. If i see the 180's in the next week or so I will be ECSTATIC. I haven't been in the 180's for 7 years.

I made two disgustingly fatty totally delicious things I must share.

Last night I mixed almond butter, cacao, stevia and warm coconut oil and drizzled it over strawberries. OH MY GOD. This morning i made a bacon (BACON) burrito with egg as the tortilla (fried in bacon fat) with avocado, salsa, and spinach...a butt load of spinach. I have decided that I am ok with being under 50 carbs for this first 3-4 weeks in order to get the weight loss rolling and get through the carb withdrawals.

I also have had coffee with cream this morning. (afternoon for normal folks) I am listening to Enders Game on audio book and going for a walk. I am starting with a half hour, which should be good considering I will be on my feet for 12 hours tonight and doing some lifting of pretty heavy things (people). Woot. Here goes.

Comment

CONGRATS! I did a really silly dance this morning when i got on the scale and saw that i lost 5 lbs, lol!

Comment

AWESOME! So proud of you!!! listening to books on tape makes simple cardio (ie walking) so much easier... at least for me, and Enders Game is a great book!

DELICIOUS inventions! Sounds like you had a great... 4th day? I can't remember anymore... I am slacking, I need to stop slacking and just hop on board the wagon with you, seems like you're enjoying the ride just fine!

Happy Valentines Day! Happy 7 lbs day too! I know how it feels I remember getting below 240 for the first time in 4 years... it was a day worth crying about!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

So day 6! I am at 193 still which does not bother me at all. I feel like 7lbs in one week is fine by me.

Food. Ok after my last post I went to work and of course did not eat the entire time I was there, nor did I pee, or drink water...or do anything but work strait for 12 hours. I went to the cafeteria and got eggs and sausage with some cheese before heading out (grrrr. atkins again). Slept, woke up around 4pm and had curried chicken in lettuce leaves (about a head of green leaf total) and avocado. Then 3 huge ass strawberries with my coconut oil/almond butter/chocolate/stevia mix. Dinner tonight is collards (about 7 large leaves) chopped very small and cooked in fried bacon, with a cheese omelet on the side. Finally I am getting some veggies. Have yet to tackle a BAS...but with all the rich things to eat a salad doesn't seem like much fun. It better sound good quick or I am going to waste a lot of food.

And I finally did some exercise, a beginner kettle bell routine I found on youtube. With long rests it took about 20 minutes and KICKED MY ASS. I am going to be sore.

I would not say the carb flu is over,but I generally feel better than before...a little sleepy, but that is it.

*****Personal Life Stuff Warning*******

I keep day dreaming about what it will be like to go home after losing weight. My family will not have seen me for over a year, they want to visit now but I want them to wait. I want to shock them. I was born fat (10lbs, 17in...no, really) and maintained the same body structure even through years of swimming. My family has seen me fail on every diet imaginalble. Understandably they do not think I will ever lose weight, get married, have children, be successful etc. I am very loved and supported, they are never hurtful about it..but it is obvious.

None of them know I am doing this, in fact my mother just sent me a low fat roast recipe. Even though she is vegan she wants to be supportive of my cooking. Which brings me to another issue.

My mother was diagnosed a few months ago with breast cancer. She recently underwent a double mastectomy. She then went vegan to protect herself from cancer reoccurring. I LOVED it then, now I am horrified. I was even the one who convinced her to try it. Diabetes and metabolic syndrome (which are all related to carbohydrate intake) DOUBLE your chances of getting cancer. Insulin dependent diabetes quadruples it. How the hell do I convince this scared woman that everything she knows (everything I TAUGHT HER) is wrong? She eats, in order of quantity: whole grains, soy or gluten based meat substitutes, fruit, vegetables, beans. Low fat, high carb. Read: Death Sentence.

Comment

*hugs*

First of all, i think your idea of waiting and surprising them with your weight loss is a fun/awesome idea--it will be excellent motivation for you

As for your mom, i think once you've *really* established your own healthy new lifestyle, it will be really easy for you to say "I thought the way i told you before was right, but look! I was wrong, and now that i'm sure of it, i would really like you to join me," and then teach her the new way I think it'll be just fine; no reason to feel guilty, and it'll be a lot easier to convince her once you can give her some "proof" by seeing you.

Comment

You and I have WAY too much in common...

First, congrats on the 7lbs I am very happy/proud of you I know it is hard and the carb flu feels like it might kill you... BUT you will make it and be a stronger and healthier person because of it.

On the personal stuff... I have been large my whole life too, I was 8lb 4 oz at birth which is large for a girl and I haven't stopped since... I do come from a bigger sized family on my dad's side but I have always thought that was too easy of an excuse. And no one has ever seen me below a size 14 which was for 6 months in high school so I really want to surprise them BIG TIME after I graduate (I hope to be a 12 at that point... I already have a dress picked and everything!)

On the mom thing... my mom doesn't have cancer (Thank god) but she has had a lot of benign tumors in her breasts and uterus and she has had Multiple Sclerosis for 12 years... at least that is when she was diagnosed. She takes great care of her self exercise and vitamins wise but she eats SO MANY CARBS and it does concern me. She has always thought she was supportive of my weight loss (Through the thousands she has put into diets for me) but... she has the same doubt as your family... and yeah anyway. Hang in there I don't know what to tell you because I tried to explain the effect of carbs on my mom's health and she closed her ears to it... so I dunno.

Good luck tho, sorry for the downer note... Have a good week friend!

Manda

Live Like No One Else

Comment

@Mandabear- I think being fat your entire life is a crazy unique experience. I don't doubt people who gain weight later in life suffer greatly but being overweight as a child shapes your self esteem for the rest of your life. I don't know if I will ever be happy with my body regardless of how it looks. Regarding our families, like Hippiemomma said, possibly our mothers will be a little more convinced when they see how healthy we become after being primal for a significant period of time.

@Hippie_Mama- I think that is the best approach. I will just wait until i have a SIGNIFICANT loss, and then I will tell her and my father both how I lost it. My father is morbidly obese and has only ever lost weight on Atkins. I know for a fact if I am successful with this he will jump on board. My mother will take more convincing.

Thank you both for keeping my Journal warm and cozy.

OK folks. 192lbs for day 7. that is officially 8lbs in my first week. I think my goal of losing 50lbs before July might actually be doable. Of course the weight loss will slow down but if I can see big losses in the first 2 months it wont matter.

For dinner I am thinking tuna salad in lettuce leaves because I don't have anything cooked. Before I go to bed (around 4 am) I am going to make a tortilla soup recipe for the crock pot. Instead of chicken I am using ground buffalo. It will be ready by morning and will probably be my dinner four 2 or 3 days. I am really saving money eating this way. Damn I am so happy with this. I hope I never stop.

Does anyone else want to grab Mark, give him a big hug and thank him for saving your life? I sure as hell do.

Comment

YUMMY What is the recipe! My mom and I would KILL For tortilla soup... and it's primal? even better!

You are right... being overweight our whole lives changes who we are... sometimes for the better sometimes for the worst. I truly believe there are a few of us who once we become healthy have ugly duckling syndrome and forget how different we look and still behave as nice people. Then there are the people who can't handle it and continually think they are fat and every time someone opens their mouth they assume it is to call them fat. I truly don't know which one I am yet, I have a hard time seeing myself being overly cynical or ungracious, but you never know.

Hang in there, week 2 is going to kick some huge ass for both of us! We'll show 'em!

Live Like No One Else

Comment

Well I def have not been overweight my whole life. As a matter of fact I was FIT up until college! Muscles everywhere, tiny waist and all. UM now... not so much. While I def cant identify with being heavy forever I can tell you that for me personally... I feel extreme guilt! I feel guilty that I let myself gain 30lbs b/c I HAD a great starting point! I went from superb health and energy to a lump who has to work up to everything! I mean really... whats my excuse?! NONE THATS WHAT. I just feel guilty and embarrassed.

So thats where I am coming from, so while I dont know what you feel like... I hope we can continue this awesome trip and be motivational to each other. We are all coming from somewhere different but working toward the same goal.

<3

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

Tara... that is so great! I always wondered what it felt like to come from the other side. Not to make you feel more guilty but I could NEVER imagine how anyone who had a nice body could let themselves go, but I know it happens more often than not and I am so grateful to have the perspective of you to reference for that! it is so cool that we can all make this happen for ourselves but come here for mutual support in our diverse situations!

Live Like No One Else

Comment

Tara_tootie- I feel like I probably underestimated...or possibly just understated the pain people feel gaining weight at any age. I am sure it is a totally miserable experience. Thank you for sharing your story with me.

mandabear- the tortilla soup was kind of a flop. When I find a recipe I like I will send it your way.

Meh, had two primal meals yesterday, was on my feet for 12 hours straight, IF&#39;d lunch and I gained 2lbs today. Yuck.

I am thinking 2 things.

I need to use dairy as a garnish only. A little splash in my coffee. An ounce of shredded cheese on my food.

I need to go lower carb (and start tracking my carbs :/....)

I think at 20 carbs a day I can still eat veggies and that way I will possibly keep the weight loss going so I stay motivated. I want to remain as primal as possible but I have noticed a lot of people not really having great success until going a little lower carb. As I get closer to my weight I will certainly get back to about the 75-100 range...but right now I think I am just not physically able to be active enough to eat a high portion of my calories from carbs.

So that is my idea at least. I will start using the chronometer to see what my food totals are coming out to and see if I have any glaring problems. I just don&#39;t want to get discouraged and quit because I stop seeing weight loss.

Comment

Thanks ladies. I def didnt post it to make you feel like you exluded me! I wanted to let you know that while I cant 100% relate to you (as far as the weight thing) I CAN relate to you now (as well as the awesome factor ). Just so you know I wasnt club crashing!

<3

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

Hahaha. I didn&#39;t think that at all! What you said just made me rethink how I worded what I said. That is all.

Club crashing on the other hand, sounds fun.

Comment

Me either! Thanks for sharing for sure... getting other people&#39;s perspectives on this is what it is all about!

Live Like No One Else

Comment

Yeah, well is comes from eating all you want (literally like a hoover) and not gaining an ounce. Then in college physical activity decreases but eating does not. You get the idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X