JKY's Primal Journal!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JKY's Primal Journal!

Okay folks, I need to get serious about this. I've been half-a$$ing it. Other people's journals inspire me. If you can do it, so can I! I welcome comments/suggestions (as well as motivation) throughout my journey. After today's non-primal failure, I need a source of accountability, and here it is. Yay!

Let me at least start out positive by posting tomorrow's intended day, and I will report back.

B: 2 eggs, tbsp vegetable oil, flax meal, some kind of cooked vegetable

S: 1/2 cup full fat yogurt (trying to wean off dairy slowly...), handful of cherry tomatoes and carrots

L: Big salad with 3 oz tuna and olive oil/lemon juice

S: Maybe cottage cheese?

D: Some kind of meat and cooked vegetable

Try to finish the day with glass of coconut milk

B: 2 eggs, 2 sausage links, zucchini cooked in tbsp oil; a few cherry tomatoes with hummus; coffee with heavy cream

L: 1 deviled egg (used a dab of mayo and relish) and some pepperoni; chicken soup with carrots, onions, and some chicken breast; 5 pieces of dried fruit; tea with skim milk (stomach felt too heavy for more cream)

S: 1 serving of smoked almonds; 1 diet sierra mist (rare occurance)

D: 1 serving pecans (probably too many nuts at this point); 2 bowls of tomato-base shrimp stew with vegetables and 2 tbsp cream added; small salad with creamy dressing; 1 pc dried fruit (too much fruit by now, too)

30 min upper body strength training/cardio

Comment

Made a dessert of sorts...blended raspberries, a little heavy cream, coconut milk, and splenda together. Froze for an hour. It was okay, but more like a fruit sorbet than ice cream. I also had somewhat non primal dessert nibbles...ahem...to be discontinued.

Comment

Argh, pretzels last night = bad. Plan: replace with veggies!

B: Coffee with milk, 2 pc dried fruit, pancakes (made with 2 eggs, flaxmeal, oil, butter, cinnamon, splenda), and a tiny bit of lite syrup

S: Pepperoni, brie, carrots and cherry tomatoes

L: 1 pc dried fruit, 1/2 cup full-fat yogurt, tbsp almond butter (was not hungry for some reason...), a few dark chocolate pcs

D: 5 oz keilbasa, broccoli, small pc sweet potato, a few green olives, 3 oz red wine

2 cookies..eek...snowed in with cookies is not a good idea.

45 min shoveling snow!

Comment

I gotta say I felt terrible today. Those pretzels...I really cannot digest that stuff at ALL. And my skin breaks out when I eat that or other sugar based stuff. Gives me more motivation to avoid it.

Comment

B: 2 eggs, zucchini, 1 pc keilbasa cooked in tbsp oil; coffee with unsweet cocoa powder and cream/milk

S: V8 (low sodium), hard boiled egg (made a batch of these last night, yay!) These eggs are replacing my typical snack of cheese...

L: 4-5 oz kielbasa, side salad w/ creamy dressing, tbsp almond butter

S: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a few raisins

(1 small cookie from a coworker...)

D: 5 pc flank steak, 1 small pc sweet potato, salad with oil and vinegar, avocado slices, some sour cream, a dab of ketchup

A few pcs of dried fruit for dessert, 1 small pc dark chocolate, and a few sips of wine (not a full glass this time)

Better day than yesterday! Felt MUCH better today!

Comment

Also had a few olives and first time ever...tasted a bit of my new coconut oil! So delicious...mmm...will be cooking my eggies in this tomorrow. I got the unrefined Whole Foods brand (365).

Comment

B: 2 eggs, zucchini, flax, 1 pc kielbasa cooked in oil and butter; coffee with unsweet cocoa/milk/cream

S: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a few craisins, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, boiled egg, low sodium V8, tbsp almond butter

L: 3 oz kielbasa and veggies cooked in tbsp coconut oil, some almond meal crackers I made (cool!), 1 pc dry peach, 1 pc dark chocolate, a few pieces pepperoni, 1 pc brie (high fat cheese, yay)

S: 1 crustless quiche (made a big batch)...had egg, turkey bacon, sour cream (full fat), cheese (low fat...was in the house), spinach, and spices.

D: Steak, shrimp and salad (a little regular ranch and cheese on top...also 1 bite of bread slathered with butter)...I am REALLY FULL.

Comment

***Had a few pieces of sliced, frozen banana with almond butter last night...makes a fabulous dessert.

B: 2 eggs, 2 breakfast sausages, cauliflower, and flax cooked in coconut oil; coffee with unsweet cocoa and cream

Comment

To continue above post...

***Had a few pieces of sliced, frozen banana with almond butter last night...makes a fabulous dessert.

B: 2 eggs, 2 breakfast sausages, cauliflower, and flax cooked in coconut oil; coffee with unsweet cocoa and cream

L: 3 turkey meatballs with some red sauce and mushrooms, almond crackers with regular cream cheese, a few frozen banana slices with almond butter

D: Almond crackers with regular cream cheese, olives, 2 prunes

D: Big salad: lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, Italian meats, oil and vinegar

***50 mins upper body strength training***

Comment

B: 2 eggs, 2 breakfast sausages, zucchini, mushroom, and flax cooked in tbsp coconut oil; coffee with cocoa and cream; 1 prune

S: beef jerky, almond crackers with regular cream cheese; coffee with unsweet cocoa and cream

L: salad with turkey, pepperoni, olives, and oil/vinegar

D: 1/2 rack ribs (a few dabs of bbq sauce), sauteed mushrooms, salad with veggies/bacon/ a little ranch

A few frozen banana slices with tbsp almond butter

I felt better today and more full...no hunger...did good with more fat intake today.

Comment

B: 2 eggs, 2 sausages, zucchini, flax cooked in coconut oil; coffee with cocoa and cream

S: baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, tbsp almond butter

L: 3 turkey meatballs with mushrooms and red sauce; salad with oil and vinegar

S: 2 muffin-sized quiches (egg, spinach, turkey bacon, sour cream, cheese), small handful of trail mix; small cup of coffee; clementine.....eek, half a protein bar at work...didn't pack enough food and was starving.

D: salmon with a little soy sauce and a few drops of honey, some mixed vegetables, salad with olive oil/vinegar/olives, glass of coconut milk, 1 prune

Had a little full fat yogurt but too much fruit...which caused more sugar cravings. Need more fat. Yes, go fat.

Comment

Good job on keeping tabs on your meals. On your last post I noticed that in your afternoon snack you said "didn't pack enough food and was starving". Baby carrots contain a nice bit of sugar so make sure you are limiting those at first. Other possible triggers could have been the clementine and the coffee. I had to really limit my coffee because I found it raised my insulin and made me feel really hungry. Monitor how you feel after your coffee for a few days to make sure it is not causing unnecessary hunger/cravings.

Good job on trying to get a lot of fat. Hope everything continues good for you.

Comment

Thanks!

Would decaf coffee do the same thing to insulin?

Comment

Honestly, I am having a hard time finding an answer for that. I am not sure if it is the caffeine or the coffee itself, but I'm thinking caffeine? Maybe try one morning regular and one morning decaf to see if there is a different. But beware you might get a nasty headache if you all of a sudden completely cut out caffeine. eeek!

Comment

Working...
                              X