X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave155 View Post
    Back from conference. Ate well!

Going back on bulletproof coffee today.
    Did your order from Bulletproofexec arrive yet? I placed mine a week ago--on Monday January 23rd and it's still not here and unfortunately my emails requesting tracking info haven't been returned. Anyone else who ordered the Upgraded coffee find it took longer than expected to receive? Hmm...

Comment

Ah I spoke to soon...got mine today.

Comment

So, results yet, anyone? Since I stopped drinking the Bulletproof coffee (because I really dislike the flavor of ghee), I don't think I'm qualified to tell mine...but I do want to try it again when I get some regular grass-fed butter - so inspire me!
        Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

Originally posted by alg2435 View Post
          So, results yet, anyone? Since I stopped drinking the Bulletproof coffee (because I really dislike the flavor of ghee), I don't think I'm qualified to tell mine...but I do want to try it again when I get some regular grass-fed butter - so inspire me!
          You started this thread on January 17th.

I've lost 5 pounds since then!
          Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
          CW 163
          GW 155

My Journal
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45618.html

Comment

Congrats, Dave! That's pretty great!

Comment

Thanks Alg!
              Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
              CW 163
              GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Dave, the jitters come from what's growing on the coffee - the mycotoxins that are present on most green coffee beans these days. (like 91.7% from South America). I made the Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee to avoid these problems, because I got so tired of never knowing if I'd feel smooth and wired and awesome from my coffee, or jittery, angry, and headachey. Predictability in my day matters a lot. So I took matters in to my own hands and made the coffee beans that always make me feel the same way - like a great golden god. Thanks for trying it.

Did you notice a difference in jitteryness after using new beans vs your old ones? Very curious.

Originally posted by dave155 View Post
                I ate a late large dinner last night and wasn't hungry when I woke up so I made my regular coffee. I figured I'd go to the store and buy the good stuff for bulletproof coffee mid morning.

I think I bought the wrong coffee. Man was I jittery! I only had 2 regular mugs in the morning then 8oz of bulletproof! Tasted pretty good by the way

8oz is my regular coffee cup size. I blended 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 coconut oil into it.

I was just too caffinated to go for a 2nd dose.

It's now after 1pm and all I've had today is coffee/bulletproof coffee. Lunch is cooking and will be ready just before 2pm. I'm getting hungry, but can wait.

I think I'll justbreak down and buy the bulletproofexec coffee. I wanted to be sure 1) I like bulletproof coffee and 2) I would actually keep the appetite at bay until lunch.

Day 1 it did both.

Comment

Hold on there! Cream is definitely NOT bulletproof. Cream has more protein than butter and is more inflammatory. You're at a double disadvantage in Canada since the Canadian Dairy Mafia (a national dairy quota system that is controlled - allegedly - by a mafia-affiliated organization) prevents grass-fed butter from being available to most Canadians, unless they have their own cow. (You can't buy Kerry Gold in Canada, or any other imported butter, without a special license.)

Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
                  Day 1 for me, inspired by seeing this post! I'm using coconut oil and organic cream (not grassfed, since I can't find it in my area). I'm doing the same thing as the OP - bulletproof coffee for breakfast and lunch, then real food in a 6-hour window. , though today that window will be considerably shortened, as I have dance class from 7:30 to 9:30 and I usually like to avoid eating after 4pm on my dance days. I usually also don't eat after dance class and go straight to bed, but we'll see what happens tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproofexec View Post
                    Dave, the jitters come from what's growing on the coffee - the mycotoxins that are present on most green coffee beans these days. (like 91.7% from South America). I made the Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee to avoid these problems, because I got so tired of never knowing if I'd feel smooth and wired and awesome from my coffee, or jittery, angry, and headachey. Predictability in my day matters a lot. So I took matters in to my own hands and made the coffee beans that always make me feel the same way - like a great golden god. Thanks for trying it.

Did you notice a difference in jitteryness after using new beans vs your old ones? Very curious.
                    I haven't felt jittery since. With your coffee, I don't drink more than a couple cups. I feel satisfied and just don't have the urge... That's funny too because I wouldn't say it is particulalry strong coffee. Holds me until lunch also.
                    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
                    CW 163
                    GW 155

My Journal

Comment

So, I found a way to make ghee taste good. Mix it with raw honey. Would it be sacreligious, bulletproofexec, to put honey in coffee? Worth a try?

Comment

[QUOTE=dave155;690228]I drank a bottle of wine last night and woke up at 2am with a SCREAMING HEADACHE

I took a couple tylenol and thankfully got back to sleep. Still feeling it a little this morning though. My tolerance for alcohol has gone down either because of the change to primal or the fasting.

Dave155 - Use Aspirin instead of Tylenol which is toxic. I too became alcohol intolerant with paleo/primal and don't miss it a bit.

Comment

I've been doing this for 6 weeks without realizing it.
                          I use heavy whipping cream x 3 cups coffee for breakfast (about 3 T. cream total).
                          I don't eat until noon.
                          Lost 13 lbs. eating PB otherwise. Something is working!
                          And the "no hunger" is a wonderful thing!

Comment

I have been doing the IF with bulletproof coffee for a month, and it gets easier and easier the more I do it! I wrote a blog post about it here: My Experience with Bulletproof Coffee (Review) Bulletproof Coffee and Bullet Proof Diet Review

Comment

Working...
                            X