No announcement yet.

Bulletproof IF Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just chicken wings or nibbles. I melt butter or ghee and then add chilli, garlic and this time I added lemon pepper, then poured it over the chicken. Its now baking in the oven. Its 20 mins until 2pm But I doubt the chicken will be ready LOL. I might fry soon, to speed up the process. Although im not as starving as I would have expected. Gotta love that coconut oil/butter combo alright.
    Is anyone else using coconut oil instead of MCT? I have found some in Aus, but waiting for Mr Bulletproof to respond and see if it will be as good.

Comment

I drank a bottle of wine last night and woke up at 2am with a SCREAMING HEADACHE

I took a couple tylenol and thankfully got back to sleep. Still feeling it a little this morning though. My tolerance for alcohol has gone down either because of the change to primal or the fasting.

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
      Just chicken wings or nibbles. I melt butter or ghee and then add chilli, garlic and this time I added lemon pepper, then poured it over the chicken. Its now baking in the oven. Its 20 mins until 2pm But I doubt the chicken will be ready LOL. I might fry soon, to speed up the process. Although im not as starving as I would have expected. Gotta love that coconut oil/butter combo alright.
      Is anyone else using coconut oil instead of MCT? I have found some in Aus, but waiting for Mr Bulletproof to respond and see if it will be as good.
      Sounds yummy! I use coconut oil also.
      Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
      CW 163
      GW 155

My Journal
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45618.html

Comment

Oh, down another 1/2lb this morning.
        Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
        CW 163
        GW 155

My Journal

Comment

That's what I'm doing, Ayla. Coconut instead of MCT...and sometimes only ghee.
          Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

Alrighty. Today, my break from the fast was more like 8-9 hours, instead of just 6. I had planned on having a brunch out with some friends, so I started fasting earlier than usual yesterday, but I wanted to get right back to my regular schedule (because I'd rather start eating in the afternoon), and that's why I added on those hours. No bulletproof coffee today because I had a meal only an hour after awakening, but I'll definitely be having a cup or two tomorrow!

Comment

YAY for weight loss!
              1 hour till food time, but I am feeling OK.
              I am planning to break fast with leftover chicken wings (only 3 left) and a sausage and cabbage dish. Will post recipe on my blog later.
              i am feeling good. Slightly bloated from the butter I think, but ill persist for this week, since the scales have moved down, and I am feeling OK.

Comment

Jeez Matt, you have lost a lot of weight in 2 1/2 months! Congratulations. Have you been doing IF the whole time? How many calories are you eating at your main meal each night?

Originally posted by mattrogers55 View Post
                I do IF everyday dinner to dinner with the exception of not eating at all on Wednesdays to get that deep 48 hour fat burn. I'm not really a coffee person, but I'm rooting for you! 2 weeks is definitely enough time to see some results from IF, especially when your first starting out.

Comment

I am so hungry this morning! So glad I have some good fat to fall back on. If I didn't have bulletproof coffee, I would probably be eating breakfast... So thanks, Mr. Bulletproof!

Comment

I'm in!

I was turned on to Bulletproof coffee at the beginning of my Primal adventure. I have to say, it's one of my favorite "meals." I didn't try it with coconut oil, as I kept forgetting that part, what with all that creamy dreamy caffeinated goodness that was about to go in my face.

This is a very timely challenge, as I'm trying to get my mind and body on board with IF, and also trying to trim the grocery bill.

How's everyone else doing so far?
                    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

hello there....wanted to introduce myself since i've been lurking on this thread--and since it got me hooked on bulletproof coffee!

i'm not doing your IF challenge right now--though plan to try it out at some point....particularly since i almost fall into the eating hours naturally already (typically eat dinner...don't snack...sleep....have coffee in the am followed by crossfit...don't eat til almost noon...don't snack...eat dinner...repeat).

also currently on day 22 of the whole30 and loving it. it hasn't been hard for me--except for a bit of social awkwardness at weekend parties, since i'm not drinking. BUT it would've been super-hard if the whole30 required giving up coffee--my one major food/drink addiction.

i had been drinking coffee with coconut milk for a while....and now, thanks to this thread and reading stuff on the bulletproof site, bought some MCT and ghee and have been mixing it up. sometimes with coconut milk + MCT, sometimes with ghee + MCT. great either way....and so sustaining.

Comment

I think I am out due to bloating from the dairy and/or coffee.
                        I started a thread about it.

Comment

Sophie: Glad you're on board!

Dana: Sounds like you're already doing IF, even though unplanned. Isn't this stuff delicious?

Ayla: Really sorry how it affects your stomach. Have you tried coffee without dairy?
                          Last edited by alg2435; 01-22-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

yep but not long enough to be sure if its the dairy or the coffee.
                            I really have to try hard to go 30 days without.

Comment

Originally posted by alg2435 View Post
                              Dana: Sounds like you're already doing IF, even though unplanned. Isn't this stuff delicious:
                              yeah, i mostly just REALLY prefer to workout in the morning fasted (except for coffee)...and then started realizing how much better everything works in my system if i keep to an IF type of routine.

and yes, absolutely delicious! up until the past few months, i thought i preferred coffee black. but now i'm hooked on those additions!

Comment

Coffee for breakfast then eggs for lunch today. I usually have them for breakfast, but I haven't been eating breakfast and miss them.

It's funny, I never thought to have them any other time.
                                Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
                                CW 163
                                GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X