X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Frankie is back!!!!!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

Wow, long time no post. Been eating more in the maintenance mode at the moment. Keeping my pain levels down is my number 1 goal right now and, it's going well Was having twice weekly chiro, then weekly and now I'm down to every 2 weeks, with a deep tissue massage thrown in. Only just cut down to f/nightly so still waiting to see how that pans out. Everyone at work has noticed a change in my demeanour. Living in constant pain takes it's toll on your mood, but feeling nearly like myself again.

What else? Well I'm really in it now as my 'before' photo is up on Mark's 'Success Stories in the Making" page HERE SOOOOO.....gonna make sure I've got some great 'after' photos up there before the end of the year.

Also, I took Mark's advice re his post about being accountable. I signed up with stickk.com and posted a committment on there. My daughter is my referee (making sure I report honestly) and my friends at work are my supporters (they get a weekly report on whether I stuck to my commitment or not)

To make it interesting I put some money on it. My goal is to lose 23kg in 20 weeks (by 13 August). And, every week that I do not lose 1.14kg, $10 is debited from my account and sent to an 'anti-charity'. I chose an organisation I really really don't want my money to go to.

I know I've put myself under a lot of pressure but that seems to be the only way I pull my finger out.

I'll keep you updated!!!

Cya!
      My Primal Journal
      My Blog - Project Frankie/

Comment

First target weight met with some to spare! down to 86.1 from 88. I know it's mostly fluid but the ketones have kicked in and my brain is feeling awesome. Now just need the rest of me to catch up!

Cya!
        My Primal Journal

Comment

I'm excited to have found your journal---followed from your success story in the making.
          Our age/weight loss needed/fibromyalgia/single mom status....lots of similarities.

Thank you for posting and I look forward to following your success story!!

Comment

Hi Tandi Great to meet you. Yeah Fibro SUCKS. But we can do it. I've found an improvement in the past when going off grains but I really need to kick up the exercise and get rid of all processed stuff (which I've been doing). Lots of damage done by the fibro/inactivity though to my posture etc that will take longer to fix. But we can do it!!!!
            My Primal Journal

Comment

Hi Frankie,
              Yes, it does...I don't struggle with it as much as others. Walking definitely seems to help. And stretching. I've been amazed at how much better I feel when I give up the grains/sugar, etc. It's been really hard for me to lose weight--had a baby at 42, was almost rid of the baby weight, but it was so slower (than before that pregnancy). Then I gained 30 pounds really rapidly, when I took 3 cycles of prednisone. I also started a sedentary job (that I despise) when my daughter was 18 months old (all the weight gain was after that). I think a new job...more exercise....combined with Primal is what I need. I was not good this past weekend---Easter and we were out of town visiting my older son, but I need to get back on it. I feel SO much better and I believe it's the only way I'll lose weight. I've been Primal again today...and plan to continue! I need to have a contingency plan for "events". Like a baby shower for my older daughter this Thursday at Olive Garden, and for upcoming wedding showers, etc. And holidays. Any tips?

Hope you're doing well!!

Comment

HI Tandi. For some reason I don't get notifications when someone posts, apologies for late response.

I am terrible with events! This week was mother's day and my daughter 16th and my primal eating went out the door. Bad excuse I know! I have had to put walking on the back burner now as having awful problems with my core and also my sacrum is very unstable. All from years of inactivity. Gotta crawl before I can walk..literally!
                My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                X