No announcement yet.

My Quest for Primal Fire (or Health)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How devilish of you to write about yummy homemade desserts!

Kidding!

I'm getting better at not feeling bad about the occasional dessert. We've gone over this again and again, but if it really is a rare occasion and you don't overdo it by sticking with that one serving, that dessert is not going to sabotage your entire health. Part of me for a time thought it could because I thought I had candida problems. But candida isn't there because of sugar alone, it's mostly there because the immune system is weak. It can be weakened by sugar. But if most of the time you're not eating too much of it and are keeping blood sugar levels good, that occasional dalliance is not the end of the world.

But when you home-bake stuff ... yeah, make sure that stuff isn't sitting around too long!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• yuppers I read it first thing & yay you!!! Ya did good. Its a funny feeling, that whole relaxing thing!! I was doing pretty good this week until hubby (not calling him honey right now as I'm pissed at him!!) made a tacky remark this evening while watching Everyone Loves Raymond (I don't like that show...to much like my reality!) Not gonna explain the whole thing...but Raymond's wife is saying something about talking to the father about something he did...& hubby says..."see,that's you & SIL, not minding your own business." That made me furious but I didn't say anything...then Raymond's wife says something herself to the father in law & he gets all pissy & leaves. Raymond then looks at his wife & says..."you couldn't mind your own business"...& hubby says "uh huh uh huh!!!!" To which I say..."you better just quit while you're ahead" but of course he couldn't...& said something stoopid like I needed to change my life, or something like that. No comment was made about the inappropriate actions of the father!! I was then beyond furious. There have been times I could've been bitchy & said something snottily about his mother when something came on tv...but I didn't because that wouldn't be right. I might THINK it...but wouldn't just blurt something out. I just shut up & went & took a shower & I could feel my blood boil. If Id'a said anything else it would've caused a big war & words can never be taken back once they are spoken & I was sooo angry. I tried to calm down but I was very hurt by his remarks. Not to mention infuriated. God that woman is gonna be the death of me yet!!!! I am so sorry now I ever agreed to move out here. At one point I even asked myself if it was worth it to stay out here. If I'da had a place to go I might have left for a few days. he can can his own shit from his garden...or give it to his mommy to do. ggggrrrrrrrrrrr I'm so mad I want to throw & break things!

Now I have to take her in the morning to do her shit...but she better make it quick. I've already told her I have to start my cooking tomorrow afternoon for sat, so I can't take her but to the doc & the grocery store. She wanted to get her hair cut but I said no. It'll have to wait till next week. Its a damn good thing that after tomorrow I won't have to take her anywhere for 2 weeks! And then her daughter should be down for 2 weeks & so its possible I will get a whole month of not having to even look at her! I seriously need a break from even speaking to her. Tomorrow is gonna be very uncomfortable for her cause I ain't talking unless she asks me something specific. I'm not even asking how her appt with the cardiologist went....cause I. don't. care.!!

Today I canned 5 jars of dilly beans & got my cookies made. I ate 2 while they were still warm out of the oven. oh yummmm so good! Now I should be good until Saturday & not tempted to bad. I'll hide them in the pantry if they become a problem. Hell I'm so mad right now I couldn't eat if I had too!!!

well I'm going to head for bed & try to fall asleep. It's after 1 in the morning here & passed my bedtime.
      hope everyone is having sweet dreams!!!
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Good for you not eating when mad at hubby. I usually binge and think "That'll show him" when I should avoid eating and think "I'll get skinny and leave the SOB". lol
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Okay. First of all, PC, you have to realize men are a different species. That will help right away:-) For the most part, they just don't get it:-) And I don't mean all men, of course. I mean, we have ecks:-)

Anyway, sounds like a really stupid program. I'd say go can and don't even watch it.

Oh, and here's the really good part. You only have an a.m. with MIL AND here's something to think about.

If it gets really really bad you can just hop in your Texas truck and come up here for a visit for a few days -- I'd plan it when it's your Friday (leaving Thursday night of course).

And you are truly justified in being pissed at him.

It does seem like men take a lot of crap from parents! I guess it's being part of a non-evolved species.

And, there is a caveat on my part. There ARE men out there who have evolved:-) I'm supporting your being pissed.

Comment

• thanks Paula...I will admit those thoughts crossed thru my mind at some point...after all, the homemade cookies I had made were sitting there in their baggie. But I was so mad I was almost sick to my stomach & the thought of eating was not appealing. I'm not too mad any more. Just hugely disappointed. He came in here before he went to bed, as usual, to kiss me & tell me good night...I presented my cheek & gave a rather terse "night". He acted like nothing was wrong...men are so clueless sometimes!!

*sigh* so now I get to spend some time with his mother today. whoopie for me. Thankfully it will be a "short" day & then I won't have to see or talk to her for almost a month (if it all works out!!) Ya gotta look for the silver linings in everything.

hope everyone has a fabulous friday...even if I'm not!!

PS: Pam...just saw your post...thanks for the support!!! And damn...if you weren't so far away that sounds like a good plan!!
            lol on ecks...I wonder how he would mind being "passed around"? jk My neanderthal is usually good as gold...but even he has his bad moments. Lord knows I have enough of my own. Doesn't mean I'm gonna "forgive" right away tho. I hold a grudge for a long time!
            Last edited by theprimalcajun; 05-25-2012, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• Oh, dear. Grudges are so debilitating. Maybe you could just take it out on MIL with some really awful music during the drive, and give him a smile. I mean, the poor guy had to put up with her his WHOLE life. It's a wonder he can function at all:-)

Hey, you're only 33 hours and 2 minutes or something away! In a Texas truck!!! I could ask a couple of Oregon county deputies to ignore your speed through Oregon! And in Washington, I'm less than 2 miles from the border!

Sending you loving thoughts!

Comment

• Even the best of them are inconsiderate idiots sometimes. (I also have to wonder, how are situations with his mother NOT your business? Didn't he make it your business when y'all moved there to be involved with her? Just sayin'.) Hope you got through it yesterday, and found something fun to do for yourself.

Comment

• lol hello duckies!!! Sorry to worry ya...but all is ok. Kinda. DH is trying his damndest to "make up" & I'm still feeling a little cool towards him. I've pretty much talked myself out of my grudge...cause as you said Pam...he does have to claim her as HIS mother. How that woman raised 3 kids tho I'll never know. I agree Sabine...but up until last year I was handling the whole being out here thing alot better because I didn't have to deal with her much. Its only been in the last year that its become a huge problem. After they (the two brothers) decided to not let her drive anymore. And now that you mention it Sabine...THEY are the ones that put me & SIL in this position...because THEY butted in to her life & wouldn't fix her car! Oh yeah...I'm saving this tidbit!!! lol

Yesterday went ok. It was very funny because she did not mention her trip to the cardiologist AT ALL the afternoon before!!! Nothing...nada...zip! She made just idle chit chat as usual & I only answered in brief sentences when she asked me something.
                  It was a short day as I needed to get home to start my cooking for today. So I'm done with taking her for a couple of weeks now. yay!!!

today went to mom's for the day & the bbq. It was all so good & enjoyed the visit with everyone & also the baby. She's so darn cute she hurts!!! lol She's 3 1/2 mo's & is now really starting to interact & smile & try to "talk". I ate things I shouldn't have but it was all so good & I tried to just eat a bit of this & a bit of that. I did eat some cookies & a couple small pieces of cake. I'm sure I'll be up in the morning but I'm not gonna worry about it. This is real life here...it coulda been worse...I could've drank 4 cokes & ate way more cakes & cookies!!! And macaroni salad...I make a killer macaroni salad...at least I think so. I'd rather have it than potato salad...& I make a great one of those too!!! lol I drank water & 1 glass of tea. It was a fun day but OMG am I tired. After canning all week & then yesterday & then cooking till 11:00 last night, its all I can do to keep from falling asleep here at the computer! Tomorrow I will probably can some green beans & call it good. That's pretty easy to do. And just chill most of the day.

well I'm off to bed...hope everyone had a super saturday!

Comment

• Glad it went satisfactorily with MIL, and that you had some fun with your mom and the baby. Babies ARE fun when they can start responding to you. I love playing the mimic game with them, where you copy their facial expressions. They get such a kick out of big people being goofy.

Comment

• well she certainly had alot of people to watch that loved to make goofy faces at her!! lol

yesterday was another busy day in the kitchen. Picked a bucket of green beans, then washed & snapped them & then canned them. Its easier to can in the pressure canner I think...just alot more "prep" work. Today I will be doing eggplant. I it cook down & then freeze in pkgs to use in my recipes. Was gonna make dilled okra but don't have quite enough yet. This evening when honey picks the garden there should be enough for me to make a batch tomorrow.

I need to go pick green beans again so guess I'd better get to it. will check in later if I'm not to tired.
                      have a wonderful Memorial Day & remember those that have given their all for our country!!

Comment

• good evening all! hope everyone has enjoyed their Memorial day holiday. Today was an easy day for me. I needed to wash clothes so did that & I snapped a small bucket of beans this morning to get them ready for canning tomorrow & I picked another small bucket this evening. So tomorrow will can them. I got two packages of eggplant out of the 4 lovelies that honey brought in yesterday evening. They are all cozy in the freezer. I should be able to get a few pints of dilled okra put up tomorrow too. Those are easy to do. Honey brought in a bucket of potatoes this evening too...oh they are so pretty!! There is no rush to get them done...I will can some & dehydrate some when I have time between everything else. The tomatoes are really coming on now, so it won't be long & I will be canning tomatoes in one form or another!! Really only have about another 3 weeks & the garden will be winding down. Then it will be time to can peaches...but that usually only takes a few days. Then maybe I can get some quilting done!!

I ate better today than the last couple of days. Thank goodness those darn cookies are gone!! Honey ate the last 2 while ago after I put some in a baggie for him to take to work tomorrow. Won't be making anymore for a while! they are to hard to resist! We ate the last of the leftover bbq today. Sad faces here! It was so so good! Honey is a bbq master deluxe! I have told him time & again he should've competed in the cookoff's but he's never been interested in doing that. He could have been a contender I tell you!!!! lol He's just happy doing his thing & enjoying the rave reviews he gets from anyone that tastes his brisket. Nobody does it better...just like Bond!!

well I'm off to the shower & then fold a load of clothes. hope you all have a wonderful evening!!
                        Last edited by theprimalcajun; 05-28-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• oh killme you have been a busy little bee!!! I think I'll killyou with the magic triangle of death & report you! buhbye! oh and consider yourself ignored.
                          Last edited by theprimalcajun; 05-28-2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• How is eating more carbohydrates, treatin' ya? I have a confession: I kept quiet about a weight increase because I didn't want people to freak out. But I expected because of what's in the Schwarzbein book. I went up as far as 209 last month, but now - even with eating potatoes consistently - I'm back to 196. So I think that's cool. I was previously only at that weight when I was under 30 carbs a day and down I'm eating a potato almost every day and eating carrots and strawberries and can be at that weight. Now let's see what happens as I start getting more sleep more often ...
                            Starting weight: 225
                            Current weight: 195
                            Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                            Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                            My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Hi Lex. Eating more carbs has been very effective...ala Schwarzbein for me. I didn't gain much...maybe a couple of pounds when I started following her suggestions. The last week & half or so has been pretty good. I stayed the same for awhile & have now been ticking down ever so slowly...but ticking down just the same & I'm a happy camper. I've also been eating potato's occasionally...my 7 grain sprout bread...a fruit or two a day & its still going down, even had a small amount of rice one time! I've lost about 2 pounds this week. I actually ate a small hamburger yesterday & small fry & a rootbeer when honey & I were in town & I was still down this morning a little bit!! Go figure!! My stress level going way down has certainly helped too. I also just quit focusing on the whole "gotta lose weight" mentality. I'm just trying to eat healthy & not "sweating the small stuff". If I want to eat a cookie, or a few chips, or some popcorn...then I'm gonna do it...but only occasionally. I'm not even coming here to the forum much anymore. I will check in & read a few of my favorite folks journal but hanging out here for hours & hours & reading everything just became a little to obsessive for me. Again its the whole "gotta lose weight" thing. I'm trying to get away from that mindset. And it must be working for me, since I'm back to losing a little every day & I'm getting more accomplished in my day. I've also been canning almost every day for the last couple of weeks & its not letting up. So I've been busy doing that & am so tired in the evening I will sit & look at a couple of quilting magazines or read a book instead of sitting here till midnight or 1 in morning reading on the computer. I've also been trying to go to bed earlier.

So anyways....glad you're doing ok & hope you're able to get some good sleep! I'll be in & out occasionally.
                              hugs!!
                              Last edited by theprimalcajun; 06-03-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Sounds like you are doing well! And I love the sound of all the canning and busy-ness in your kitchen and garden! I was only just able to plant our tomato plants yesterday! Hopefully we are done with the too cool nights so they can grow like blazes now and I am REALLY hoping to get a good harvest this year. I can quite identify with getting too obsessed with the whole weight loss thing. Hard to find the balance and keep eating well without getting too crazy about it. Keep dropping in or we'll miss you too much!
                                Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                                Primal low: 186 lbs
                                Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                                Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

Working...
                                X