Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redflame's Journal--from a flicker to Hot!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel for you. I have all sons and knowing what a pain I was as a teen, I am grateful not to have a daughter.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Mud Flinger:
      That commercial is hillarious!
      Another ironic thing, I am adament about my English Bulldog puppy going through ALL the dog training I can put her through........it's like she is my re-do. Something must behave for me! LOL
      At least my dog comes when I call. Sits and Stays. Picks up her toys. And goes to bed when I tell her to. I have been having my daughter go to the training classes with me hoping that something would rub off on her.
      Redflame
      Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
      Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
      Goal of Significant Weight Loss
      15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

Paula:
        I wanted 3-4 kids, then I had my daugher, skeetching halt at two!

love her to death.......but boys are so much easier (at least mine was for me)
        Redflame

Comment

I'm late to the party but I just wanted to give you a thumbs-up for sticking with it.

And there are people here who will ridicule or put-down the obese, I have seen people here on PB call the obese "fatties" and say "they deserve whatever abuse/bullying they get", but my experience is that someone who's really been there will be a lot more understanding and supportive. All I know is that I refuse to judge people who are trying their best and keep a can-do attitude, no matter WHAT their weight is or was.

Comment

Oh and one more thing, at the first part of the month I lost 5 pounds, then I started with little cheats, then more and more, well you know how that goes. I gained it all back.
            Today I weighed and I am back down the 5 pounds, plus it is the first day of my battle with TOM, so I anticipate in a couple more days I could see even more.
            I will wait till at least Sunday or Monday to weigh again.

TONIGHT: Vlad comes out of his coffin (= Total Gym gets take out of the box and set up) Vlad will be mean, I just know it. Let me just go on record that this was not MY idea! House boy thinks it is pretty cool, now he better use the damn thing! With a knee replacement and a hip replacement I am not sure how well he will do at getting started! But something is better than nothing
            Redflame

Comment

I hope by now you're convinced this is no place where you're going to be judged! All of us - whether we were super-overweight or not - probably spent a good amount of our lives listening to widespread BS about how to really be healthy. No matter how many obstacles you stumble over, just keep on going forward. Each little habit change is hard at first but then it becomes a genuinely effortless habit. I was just thinking of that today - there was a time when eating a diet free of grains, dairy or sugar just seemed too overwhelming to handle. Now I don't even think that hard about it. I don't think of eating outside of that as an option, so mental discussions about when I should or shouldn't cheat are extremely rare. I think it also ends up being easier to stick with than some other crappy diet because I don't have to wait for numbers on my scale to go down to know how much better this is. Every day I stay on track and every day I do not stay on track reminds me of what I need to do just to have energy.

And when it comes to this new gizmo your house boy got, why not just join in the fun? Sure, it's probably an expense you could have spared, but now that it's here and strength training is a big part of losing weight primally, why not just make sure you get your money's worth out of it?
              Starting weight: 225
              Current weight: 195
              Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
              Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
              My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

Vlad is still in the coffin, and the coffin is still in the middle of the living room.......House Boy is waiting for ME to determine where it will go, and I won't do that because then it will be MY fault if it is not the exact spot he wants it to be. Fun games we play, NOT.

Packed a lunch today of Albacore tuna, hb egg, small avacado, roma tomato....YEAH for me!
                Dinner planned and half cooked, Poblemo Pepper stuffed with ground beef and pork mixture with a smidge of cheese, then all wrapped up in bacon. They will bake on the same sheet I am roasting broc and cauliflower and onions...been looking forward to this meal for a couple days!

Weekend has almost arrived......I love my weekends. My 19 yr old son works swing shift so I rarely get to see him unless I purposly stay up till midnight to get a few words with him at night. But he is off on the weekends.....he and I are two peas in a pod. So Saturday morning will start with getting up at 6:30 or 7am, and trying so very hard to pry him up and off the couch (where he will have fallen asleep around 3am) He has to play bass at church Saturday morning and needs to be there at 8am. We will go to church then come home and have a bite to eat then crash and watch movies in the afternoon. I love my Saturdays! With the exception of a couple easy meals we dont do any chores and pretty much don't do anything but spend time together as a family....this is what recharges me.
                Either Saturday or Sunday we need to venture out with the puppy. We have a 7 month old English Bulldog and like I mentioned before she is in training classes. We are in the begining of the advanced class right now which is the prep to get her tested to be a CGC dog....these are dogs that are allowed into nursing homes, childrens hospitals, etc. ANyway, we have homework to do this weekend, which involves walking in a crowd....so we have to find on. Since it is 17 degrees right now I don't really care to have that crowd outside! So we will head to the pet store and let her get some homework under her belt.

And that is my exciting life.......
                Redflame

Comment

Love your comments on the puppy obeying! I have 3 sled dogs and some days, they are my best friends. Always happy to see me, never judging or scheming! I am also blessed with an almost 4yr old son who is a joy most days.

I told my hubby about you and he made the comment that your daughter is more passive aggressive than ours (and she was very much this way). One thing that really helped with this was a teenage anger management class they took together (through Kaiser Permanente). They talked about passive, passive aggressive, and aggressive styles and I think my daughter realized her behavior was not the most productive way. Not that changed everything, but atleast she is now more aware. She also saw what parenting is like. It was eye opening and some good came from it.

Enjoy your weekend!

Comment

Once someone has met my daughter once they can expect to be greeted the next time with a sweet smile, kind words, and depending on the setting a hug too. She will jump out of the car at the grocery store to help a old lady load cat food into her car. She always walks the grocery cart back into the store, because that is the right way to be. She helps moms with their young kids at church. EVERYone comments on how sweet and helpful she is.

BUT she also can be really quiet, she won't speak up for herself. She can be walked all over given the chance. Her father (my ex) had her in constant tears for 12 months before she finally told him that she was upset about his behavior and how he was treating her. (trust me, he heard it from me all the time) Standing up to her dad was a pivital moment, and she only has a few of those. BUT when it comes to me it's a different story! But ya know what? I dont want her to be a wall flower, I dont want her to be the meek wife that gets yelled at all the time and just puts up with it. She needs to be a strong woman, and so that is what I constantly remind myself of while we go through battles. She is testing the waters, seeing where she can have dominance. I am very strong, so there is not alot of room for her---and there is no room if it goes against my wishes/morals etc. We will live through this, with a few scars, but we will end up with a strong relationship....that's my goal, my job, what I was put here for.
                    Redflame

Comment

She sounds like a great kid growing into herself. Remember - you are a good Mom (I always forget this)!

Have fun deciding where Vlad will live. I would decide personally as if they pick the worst spot, you'll regret it!

Comment

THANKS! I am a good mom, WHY do I question that?

Found the a good go to lunch/breakfast for the office

Can of tuna (I gagged a little at the norm tuna, I really only like Albacore)
                        hb egg
                        1 TBL mayo
                        splash of mustard,
                        1 uber small avacado on the side, or half a normal one
                        1 med tomato cut in wedges on the side

This combo is 567 cals with 10% carb 55% fat and 36% protien

From here on out I will skip the tomato, I dont like them, WHY did I include it? I do like the little grape toms, but the inside of the big ones are slimey and gooey, If I wanted an oyster I would get one on the shell!
                        Redflame

Comment

HIGHLY irritated by everything today. TOP on my chart:

1. people who do not know when NOT to use the cell phone.
                          2. people who bring their entire family with them to apply for work, allowing kids to run wild in my lobby, and having a sig other who does not watch the kids
                          3. people who are stupid enough to admit that they are only looking for work because unemployment, or Welfare is making them.
                          4. people who apply for work that really just want to suck they system dry, and this is just a requirement to get the check
                          5. people who call me every day wondering where the W2 is, when I told them it would be put in the mail by the end of January
                          6. people who REALLY want a job,and I place them to work, and then they have to tell me all the reasons they they cannot work every day scheduled.....(I have kids and my wife cant do it all.....I have a hair appointment......I need to shovel the sidewalk") REALLY? I hve kids and work 60 hours a week, and I am on call 24/7. I make appointments for evenings and weekends, I shoveled my sidewalk too! GRRRRRRR

Common factor? People. Secondary factors: lack of manners, no work ethic, lack of responsibility

Thnk I need to go home and eat
                          Redflame

Comment

Good thing you have the weekend to get away from it all (or atleast some of it)!

Comment

Time to whip out the emergency bacon rations.
                              Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                              Follow me on google+
                              Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                              "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

Hi redflame

Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
                                Hey redflame, not a single person on this board will judge you.

Period.
                                This ^

Originally posted by Redflame View Post
                                Fitness
                                Damn I hate that word.
                                Then change it
                                I use Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint. Pick something you don't hate

Originally posted by Redflame View Post
                                the Total Gym arrived on Tuesday. I am going to call it Vlad, after Vlad the III from Romania--nick name Vlad the Impaler. He makes the top 10 list for Most Evil Men in History. Fitting right?
                                Love the name!!
                                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                                "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X