• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super good!!!!! And I like the colors

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
      Well, I just noticed last week that my stomach is no longer symmetrical around the x-axis. The right side is decided shallower than the left. My husband can't tell, but I can. I've told myself that since I am right-handed, it is just coming off quicker on that side.
      I like the idea that it is just a precursor to a sudden whoosh.
      I think we all have a degree of asymmetry. One of my calves is larger around than the other. I don't sweat it either.

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
      And I wouldn't worry about the pear versus apple shape. Whatever science is behind it, I am sure it applies to your 'natural' shape, not any you might go through while you are losing or gaining.
      I hope so. I'd hate to have borked my metabolism and turned myself into an "apple" in the process of going primal. I read somewhere that "apple" shaped people have to eat less protein and carbs and more fat than "pear" people, so I guess I'll have to make that adjustment.

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
      Loved the hunk, though he did catch me by surprise. Had to take a quick peek over my shoulder to make sure my daughter wasn't watching before I scrolled carefully downward. Was I relieved or disappointed to find him modest? I'll never tell.
      Uh. I thought sexual images weren't allowed here (nor links to sexual images or websites) so why the alarm? It's not like I'm going to post penises on here. That'd be against the rules. There's a half naked Mark Sisson at the top of every page of this website, so why the fussing over a shirtless cartoon figure?

ETA: Right now I don't think I have many full nudes up, except a couple on my Tumblr and my Deviantart. Since Y!G went down they're sorta homeless, and I don't have time to sit down and build a proper website, even though that's what I should be doing.
      Last edited by Spubba; 03-04-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• The smoulder in those eyes is definitely sexual!
        And isn't that funny: we are nudity casual at our house, everyone walking around naked if they happen to be so, but still, when a hot guy popped up on the screen, my instinctive reaction was to check that the daughter was out of line of sight. Guess the brain is a tricky character.
        Now I better go check the forum rules. I never even thought about what is allowed and what isn't. Hope I haven't been indiscreet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
          the colors I picked are making me go WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY but this is the finished version.

[ATTACH]6061[/ATTACH]
          Can you send this guy over to wake me up tomorrow? Sort of like an Ah Ha video?

Comment

• Originally posted by missblue View Post
            Can you send this guy over to wake me up tomorrow? Sort of like an Ah Ha video?
            Duhurrr. My cartoons are my boyfriends. They all have names and everything </loser> That guy's name is Allowicious Supachad Albundie.

I call him Al.

yes I am a big goofy weirdo

Comment

• I found that I like the blender-coconut-oil thing better than using coconut milk or actual cream as coffee cream, which means I have moar coconut milk for when I make my insane lazy shake-smoothie berry fruit dinner creations on days I can't be arsed to cook. And that's less dairy that I have to shove through my digestive tract, although it seems that I can handle small amounts of raw or otherwise high-quality cheese.

I started buying all that fancy $14-a-chunk deli cheese because, well, I seem to be eating less these days, and so now I can. I carve off wee thin slices and that $14 worth of cheese can last me a week or more, easily. I just need a little taste and I can put it away. So, yes, I am that person that you are cursing when you're out shopping and you say "What kind of insane bastard buys this expensive blue-ribbon crap, anyway?"

Also, did I mention I hate drip coffee? It's weaksauce. I put a decent small percolator on order. My mom can use that stupid drip coffeemaker whenever she's over here.
              Last edited by Spubba; 03-05-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Love your picture of "Al" - smokin! As for the pants size/body shape, I'm so there too - I would look awesome if I could just chop that sucker off! Also, don't sweat the body shape thing, it all comes off and you know that you are so much heathier now than before. Keep on being you - I think you'll amaze yourself soon and others will wonder how they missed your magic for so long...

Comment

• Originally posted by jiohbik45
                  I know! And then they make their shitty clothes super-expensive just to rub it in. When possible, I try to buy from Target, Torrid and, my favorite clothes website, ModCloth.com. They actually have a fair amount of XL stuff, especially in dresses. And some styles are made to be larger and flowier so I can fit in them anyway.

If you have a problem with what people say in here then you can god damn well keep it to your fucking self and not mock others. Lex26 wrote that on the first page of my thread and it's none of your fucking business what any of us choose to wear, understand? So get the hell off my thread unless you actually have something to contribute.

Jackass.

Comment

• Hey - I'm pretty sure that was a spam bot - I noticed a lot of journals were hit by it at the same time last night. They pull text from somewhere else in a thread and repost it w/ other crap (meaning the red x's - I never click on them). Ignore the idiot and have a great day!

Comment

• Hey Spubba, I really enjoy this thread, but don't get why you're so angry in the quote noted below. I guess I am not being very 'on' today
                      "If you have a problem with what people say in here then you can god damn well keep it to your fucking self and not mock others. Lex26 wrote that on the first page of my thread and it's none of your fucking business what any of us choose to wear, understand? So get the hell off my thread unless you actually have something to contribute.

Jackass."

Comment

• Congratulations on your success and great attitude! You're very inspirering. I would suggest adding activities as it would only add to your energy level and increase your weight loss. A few things I do when the weather is nasty is march while watching TV or folding clothes. My kids (even my adult ones) will march along with me. I also try to do 10 burpees every commercial or ever other hour when I'm not watching TV (I actually do not watch much TV, but if I do I try to stay active). I work a seditary job so every break I do burpees. They are killers so if you're not up to this level yet, find something active you can do on your breaks.

Best of luck!

Comment

• I started buying all that fancy $14-a-chunk deli cheese because, well, I seem to be eating less these days, and so now I can. I carve off wee thin slices and that $14 worth of cheese can last me a week or more, easily. I just need a little taste and I can put it away. So, yes, I am that person that you are cursing when you're out shopping and you say "What kind of insane bastard buys this expensive blue-ribbon crap, anyway?"
                          Yeah, I buy the $14 cheese too... and have some $22 a lb stuff in the fridge. But what sucks is my lovely SO will go eat "cheese and crackers" and consume $12 of my $14 cheese. "Baby, that gouda is amazing".... at least he appreciates it, but damn, I'd be happier if he just ate the $3 a lb cheddar.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                            Yeah, I buy the $14 cheese too... and have some $22 a lb stuff in the fridge. But what sucks is my lovely SO will go eat "cheese and crackers" and consume $12 of my $14 cheese. "Baby, that gouda is amazing".... at least he appreciates it, but damn, I'd be happier if he just ate the $3 a lb cheddar.
                            Appreciation is great, replacement even better!
                            My husband likes to "drink" my heavy cream which I keep for coffee when he is padding his gut after martini time. I do not at all appreciate waking to a nearly empty carton with a screaming need for coffee. We had words over that and now he restocks what he depletes, or faces the wrath of an undercaffinated wife. . . fine cheese to my mind is every bit as essential as heavy cream. If cheese were a staple who went pro, it would be Andre the Giant without a doubt.

Spubba you asked how sardines taste--well, depends on the brand and prep style, but I'd start with the skinless boneless in olive oil. Not too scary or fishy--sort of like tuna in olive oil. That said, some brands are better for that--Cento is great as is Crown Prince. I find Season Brand a little fishy. King Oscar, which is hands down the best regular sardine, isn't as good in skinless boneless I think. Just pick up one can of a couple of kinds to see what you like.

Essential step, not to be missed: Add hot sauce and mash up first after token nibble to see if you like them plain. I actually do, but love hot sauce so much I cannot pass up a venue to use it. I mash the olive oil right into the fish, or maybe drain a little on my salad greens.

Maybe eat with a side salad with strong dressing the first time.

Sounds like things are going well--keep up the good work and you will be the strong and lean machine you are in the midst of building. Never doubt it. Say hi to Al for me
                            Last edited by missblue; 03-06-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Hi Spubba! I usually just lurk on these forums (god I wish there was a less creeper-y sounding term than "lurk"), but I came across your thread today, read every single post, and enjoyed it so much that I actually REGISTERED on the forums so that I could tell you so.

So, there's that.
                              --
                              Half-assed Primal on and off for a couple years. Started back in earnest in January 2012.
                              Leptin Reset started 2/29/12
                              5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O
                              HW: 410+ SW: 375 CW: 340-ish
                              goals acheived thus far: Have ditched high-blood pressure medicine, was able to comfortably fit into a plane seat for my vacation in August 2012.

Comment

• @Aili- I believe Spubba is having some fun with that spam-bot. Gay Panda writes love notes to them. Spubba likes to let rip. And really, must spam-bots be plagiarists?!? They deserve to be yelled at!

Comment

Working...
                                X