Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Fat Chick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just advice- don't change diet and exercise at the same time. I would not start doing a fasting regime at the same time I tried to bump up exercise. If I were you, I'd establish a month of solid eating patterns, where you felt great consistently, THEN add in one aspect of exercise, get that going, tweak diet as needed then add in additional exercise.

    Also, with hunger.... I've kind of learned to ignore that post meal hunger- I have a glass of water and it goes away. I don't always eat when I am hungry.... like I'm hungry right now.... 45 minutes after a ginormous breakfast. I won't be hungry in an hour... guarantee it. Won't be hungry when I get going. I don't really subscribe to eat when hungry, as my body seems to lie about hunger.

    http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

    Comment


    • Great going on the loss, and I know what you mean about the belly thing - drives me nuts too! Pants are always baggy in the ass and legs but need to go around that belly (The hanging over look is just so much worse)! I figure, just keep going, I mean it will all have to go eventually if we keep working at it.

      Comment


      • I'm glad I got to chat with you while you drew! I hope you have the time to do it again soon!

        I feel like I read somewhere on the forum that, when one's fat deposits become weird and disproportionate, one can expect a further fat loss in the near future. That keeps me motivated when I think I look super weird, whether it's true or not. I think it's a pretty good idea to have a "This too shall pass" attitude about it. Otherwise I'd undoubtedly end up even more nuts than I already am.

        _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

        Comment


        • Hi Spubba;
          I'm stalled for 6 weeks now, even with Crossfit and pretty strict Paleo. I'm not speaking to my scale either, but haven't yet banished it from the house. But if this keeps up. . .

          When I lift, it is usually fasted but as soon as I finish, I whip out a can of skinless boneless sardines in olive oil and my trusty "take your head off" habanero sauce and using a metal (not plastic) fork I mash the hot sauce into the fish till it is a lovely pale pink chunky mush. I eat it before I leave the gym, right out of the can or sometimes poured over some romaine lettuce / salad mix I bring, I don't get up, just lean against the wall and scarf that fish noisily (an important component) and ignore or laugh at any comments on the smell. I tell my gym friends that they smell worse at the moment and in fact are impeding my enjoyment of sardine olfactory pleasure.

          By the time I get to the next thing I'm doing, the sardines have kicked in, the shakes are gone, and I'm not hungry. Works great.

          Comment


          • The clothes-buying experience has me terrified now. After being measured and fitted for stuff because I didn't know what size I'd dropped down to, I find out I'm carrying a lot of fat on my abdomen. Because of this extra weight in my middle, I'm not a women's 20 (although my chest/shoulders, butt and hips are more like a 20) my abdomen has me at a women's 22. So now I'm scared. I've lost everything off my legs and hips and gone from a pear shape to an apple shape. So now I'm even more unhealthy now than I was when I started. I am now at higher risk for heart disease and diabetes because of my apple shape. I don't know what all this means, I've done a lot of work only to end up in worse shape, a higher risk, and uglier than ever.

            On a lighter note, these are the flats on that figure I was drawing last night:

            Figure_Reclined.jpg

            Y'all are lucky, I rarely drape my nudes.
            Last edited by Spubba; 03-04-2012, 04:35 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by missblue View Post
              Hi Spubba;
              I'm stalled for 6 weeks now, even with Crossfit and pretty strict Paleo. I'm not speaking to my scale either, but haven't yet banished it from the house. But if this keeps up. . .

              When I lift, it is usually fasted but as soon as I finish, I whip out a can of skinless boneless sardines in olive oil and my trusty "take your head off" habanero sauce and using a metal (not plastic) fork I mash the hot sauce into the fish till it is a lovely pale pink chunky mush. I eat it before I leave the gym, right out of the can or sometimes poured over some romaine lettuce / salad mix I bring, I don't get up, just lean against the wall and scarf that fish noisily (an important component) and ignore or laugh at any comments on the smell. I tell my gym friends that they smell worse at the moment and in fact are impeding my enjoyment of sardine olfactory pleasure.

              By the time I get to the next thing I'm doing, the sardines have kicked in, the shakes are gone, and I'm not hungry. Works great.
              It sounds nutritious! I'm not brave enough to try sardines yet. What do they taste like? Are they super fishy? I don't eat fish because I don't like that rotting-fish smell in the back of my nose; I just take fish or krill oil supplements every day. As for the smell, I don't care. All the jerks around me at work are microwaving their nasty-smelling things all day, like Skyline Chili... that stuff smells like a dumpster in July.

              Although if they're not that fishy, I could probably kill the taste with some hot sauce. I do love me some hot sauce.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                I'm glad I got to chat with you while you drew! I hope you have the time to do it again soon!

                I feel like I read somewhere on the forum that, when one's fat deposits become weird and disproportionate, one can expect a further fat loss in the near future. That keeps me motivated when I think I look super weird, whether it's true or not. I think it's a pretty good idea to have a "This too shall pass" attitude about it. Otherwise I'd undoubtedly end up even more nuts than I already am.
                I'm sticking with it even though I'm scared that now I'm an apple shape and will die horribly of a heart attack or get my feet cut off from diabetes or whatever. The lack of migraines spurs me on when nothing else will.

                I ate well today; bacon for breakfast, roast chicken for lunch, coconut milk, Kerrygold butter. Everything on-plan. Didn't exercise today because my legs are KILLING me after an especially long and strenuous workout last night.

                Also, as a side note, sitting here in size 22 pants. I know that's still huge, but considering I was in 28's for a while... and 26's forever... that's a step in the right direction for me!

                Scale is still gone bye-bye. I'm not even dealing with that stupid thing.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                  Great going on the loss, and I know what you mean about the belly thing - drives me nuts too! Pants are always baggy in the ass and legs but need to go around that belly (The hanging over look is just so much worse)! I figure, just keep going, I mean it will all have to go eventually if we keep working at it.
                  My belly is the reason I'm in 22's and not 20's, actually. The 22's are baggy in the butt and hips. And yep, I keep going. At some point it has to go away, right?

                  Comment


                  • I read this today and found it to be a pretty easy-to-understand and satisfying explanation. (No idea why they felt they needed to add the gratuitous fat lady picture at the bottom, though. Thanks for that, I guess..) Basically, the "stubborn" fat areas of our bodies retain fat for longer because there are more fat cells there. The proposition is that all fat cells lose fat at the same rate, and so the areas that have less fat cells will seem to visibly thin out more quickly, and the biggest fat deposits will seem to linger without much change. But in reality it is disappearing everywhere at the same rate.

                    I've also heard it explained like this: If you have a pool with a sloped bottom, so you have a deep end and a shallow end, if you then begin to drain the water out, the end with less water will appear to go dry quickly, whereas the end with more water will appear to not lose much at all. Same thing with fat.

                    As for the apple vs pear shape supposed health effects thing, I think it's mostly a load of CW completely-out-of-context, correlation=causation crap, honestly. That said, I did read about how different hormonal issues can cause fat to go to certain places, though. Women with estrogen dominance will apparently tend to pile it on their hips and butt, people with adrenal problems (stress-related) will tend to put on weight at their lower abdomen, people with thyroid issues will put it on all over. ALL of my hormones are out of wack, personally, (as verified by thyroid and ovarian ultrasounds -- that shit is straight-up enlarged), and my weight is all over, with an emphasis on lower abdomen and hips and butt. Makes sense to me. Sounds like you are mostly super stressed, so it seems right that you would carry your weight in your belly.

                    It sort of sounds like crap, but when you consider the whole "apple-shaped women are more likely to die of explosive heart explosions" etc, and that that shape may be caused by high stress, it kind of makes sense.
                    Last edited by Gravyboat; 03-04-2012, 06:51 PM.

                    _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

                    Comment


                    • Time to get a sewing machine so you can take those blasted pants in.
                      Ramblings of an Unamused Mouse (Lots of Food Porn, Too!)

                      Comment


                      • Tehe, I love all your signatures
                        My chocolatey Primal journey

                        Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                        Comment


                        • Well, I just noticed last week that my stomach is no longer symmetrical around the x-axis. The right side is decided shallower than the left. My husband can't tell, but I can. I've told myself that since I am right-handed, it is just coming off quicker on that side.
                          I like the idea that it is just a precursor to a sudden whoosh.

                          And I wouldn't worry about the pear versus apple shape. Whatever science is behind it, I am sure it applies to your 'natural' shape, not any you might go through while you are losing or gaining.
                          Loved the hunk, though he did catch me by surprise. Had to take a quick peek over my shoulder to make sure my daughter wasn't watching before I scrolled carefully downward. Was I relieved or disappointed to find him modest? I'll never tell.

                          Comment


                          • Congratulations on the new pants and getting rid of the evil scale.

                            Comment


                            • I AM MIGHTY!!!

                              Tonight I was tempted with BREAD!!!

                              Not just bread, but rosemary foccacia bread.

                              I actually picked up a piece and sniffed it... considered taking a bite. But. My reaction was... blank. No craving for it, really. I dunno. Bread kinda hurts my stomach, gives me heartburn. And my reaction to the bread was so "meh" that I figured it wasn't worth the trouble and put it down and had a piece of cheese instead. Good cheese, not that waxy supermarket crap.

                              Brewed myself an evening cup of coffee when I got home and tried something different this time - I added a few tablespoons of deliciously coconutty-tasting virgin coconut oil to it. I was mightily impressed; as it turns out, when you whiz hot black coffee and coconut oil in the blender on high speed, it turns creamy, EXACTLY like you poured cream into it, except without the cream! I drank it and it was really good.

                              That's one more way I can "fatbomb" myself! Sometimes I think I get a little heavy on the protein because I run out of food ideas.
                              Last edited by Spubba; 03-04-2012, 07:20 PM.

                              Comment


                              • the colors I picked are making me go WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY but this is the finished version.

                                Reclining_Figure_Finished.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X