Just starting out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww, nope!

Back home, fulla non-primal pseudo-food. Bleah.
    Hmm. I've been playing with Linux too long, I almost spelled "sudo" instead of pseudo! LOL!
    For those that don't know, here's the wikipedia.org explaination of "sudo":
    Sudo is a program for Unix-like computer operating systems that allows users to run programs with the security privileges of another user (normally the superuser, or root)
    A good example of sudo:
    ME: "Grill me a steak!"
    YOU: "What? Forget you!"
    ME: "Sudo Grill me a steak!"
    YOU: "Okay."
    Sorry, slight divergence...
    Well, dinner tonight at my long-time client's was... pretty darn non-paleo/primal. Crock-pot teriyaki (spelled: sugar) chicken, rice, salad: brocolli (good), white raisins (good), walnuts (good) dressing (no bueno).

Tomorrow I'll fast all day.

BTW, I picked up an app for my iPhone that I like a lot: Pushup Warrior! That guy (Martin Rooney) has 100+ ways to do pushups! I tried the "Elbow to Ground" pushups today. WOW! I felt that! went from a up pushup position to the plank, with elbows on the floor, back up to an up position. I honestly can't see myself getting bored doing pushups again! Pushups are back in my routine! I've been walking at least 30 minutes daily, and doing my attempt at a pull-up every time I walk by the pull-up bar in the hall (getting better!). It's time to get serious about the workout area of my health.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 06-05-2012, 11:56 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Comment

• Howdy folks!
      Today is the first day of my kids (3) summer vacation. Since I'm the unemployed one, I get to stay home with them. Yay. I couldn't go 10 minutes without at least one of them asking me for something. All. Day. Long. I'm beat.
      I cooked a pound of bacon and had 6 slices, kids had the rest. I also cooked bacon wrapped drumsticks and ate a few of those. That was pretty much it in the way of food today. I didn't get a walk in, but will remedy that tomorrow with a trip for us to the park. The girl will play, the youngest son will play with her, the eldest will walk and think, and so will I!
      Cheers!
      48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Comment

• Looks like you'll be keeping busy with the kids, Charlie! That may burn some extra calories
        I love it that you frequently make the bacon wrapped drumsticks! Have a great weekend!
        25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
        "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
        Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Comment

• Originally posted by anna-banana View Post
          Looks like you'll be keeping busy with the kids, Charlie! That may burn some extra calories
          I love it that you frequently make the bacon wrapped drumsticks! Have a great weekend!
          Thanks for that recipe Anna!
          I weighed this morning, and dangit I'm FLAT for the week! No big surprise, I ate burgers at my brother's, no buns but cheese-stuff (I REALLY doubt American cheese has anything recognizable as cheese in it.)
          I also was boozing, sure it was tequila and merlot. Well, this week will be better. I have 2 kiddos home, the eldest in summer school until the early afternoon. Wife had photos at Sam's Club, so I'll make the excuse that we need water(s) and make a trip, park the van, walk for 20 minutes, then go into Sam's and kick ass on the shopping list. Knock the whole thing out in less than 40 minutes and be back with the fam.
          Cheers!

Comment

• I made naturally fermented pickles last Wednesday.
            I sent some to work with my wife today, the overwhelming verdict from wife and co-workers (I sent along a Claussen pickle to compare)... too much garlic---> Paleo Charlie. Oh Daing!
            I'll get it right, anyone got another recipe? Likely I need a minor tweak!
            I absolutely LOVE the brine pickles that they have at Canter's Deli in Fairfax, the bloody best!
            -C
            Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 06-12-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Congrats on your amazing success so far! I notice you are almost at your goal weight - that is very impressive

Homemade pickles rock - I would have never guessed you could have too much garlic!
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• Thanks for the pickle link. My wife eats the hell out of those things.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  Thanks for the pickle link. My wife eats the hell out of those things.
                  And when you say she eats the hell outta pickles, you mean...

Comment

• Originally posted by jammies View Post
                    Congrats on your amazing success so far! I notice you are almost at your goal weight - that is very impressive

Homemade pickles rock - I would have never guessed you could have too much garlic!
                    Yeah, I made the recipe in the link and simply quadrupled it (it was for a big jar, for the fridge in the garage). Way, WAY too much garlic. I ate a pickle early yesterday afternoon, and later after getting ready for bed, zoomed in on wifey for a goodnight kiss, and BLEAH! She smelled me coming, teeth brushed, without me even breathing!

I saw an AMAZING photo of some pickles (with grape leaves thrown in [tannins keep the pickles crispy?] from one of my favorite podcasters, Angelo Coppela (Latest in Paleo on Facebook). (Latest in Paleo) where I first heard about Mark Sisson and Mark's Daily Apple.
                    Cheers!
                    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 06-15-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Hi everyone!
                      Today, I had a big (5 egg) omlette and 6 pieces of apple wood smoked bacon. I may avoid that in the future, as one of the curing ingredients was brown sugar. Small quantities, I'm sure. I ate that at approximately noon-thirty, walked with the kiddos to Wal-Mart, and stuck to water (with the exception of a shot of tequila, and a small glass of merlot) the rest of the day. Tomorrow, I'll fast.
                      Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
                        Yeah, I made the recipe in the link and simply quadrupled it (it was for a big jar, for the fridge in the garage). Way, WAY too much garlic. I ate a pickle early yesterday afternoon, and later after getting ready for bed, zoomed in on wifey for a goodnight kiss, and BLEAH! She smelled me coming, teeth brushed, without me even breathing!

I saw an AMAZING photo of some pickles (with grape leaves thrown in [tannins keep the pickles crispy?] from one of my favorite podcasters, Angelo Coppela (Latest in Paleo on Facebook). (Latest in Paleo) where I first heard about Mark Sisson and Mark's Daily Apple.
                        Cheers!
                        Hi everyone!
                        I'll post the link for those killer looking pickles (with the grape leaves) that Angleo Coppela has on his facebook page as soon as he posts it.
                        Cheers!

Comment

• Whoo Hoo!
                          I'm back on track again!
                          I'm down to 253.5! Three and a half pounds to go! 250 is my 2012 goal, but I'm not stopping!
                          I fasted yesterday. I will have breakfast at about 1:30PM: Bacon (8 pieces) and Eggs (4-5)!
                          Cheers!
                          Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 06-18-2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Charlie,

Just read your entire thread... It's as if I can sense your excitement growing as the calendar turns. Congrats on the success and fortitude to stick with it in a less than supportive environment. I find my self in a similar situation and it seems the same vice.... a good buzz. Anyhow, I have been primal for 14 days with a bad day saturday... watched some golf and whacked down some beers... I can't describe how awful I felt yesterday... and not the hangover type awful... just puffy, my eyes hurt and my sinuses are still somewhat stuffed. Amazing how quickly things can change. Keep up the fight and again, congrats... you are now one of the inspirations on this site.
                            9/13/12 6'2" 278lbs

Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65781.html

"Temptation chronicles the story of my life"

Comment

• It really feels good when you reach a self set milestone. I've passed my 20kgs in the first 12 months (started 15 August 2011) and it is so encouraging. Look forward to your under 250 post!
                              Odille
                              F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                              following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by aloerob View Post
                                Charlie,

Just read your entire thread... It's as if I can sense your excitement growing as the calendar turns. Congrats on the success and fortitude to stick with it in a less than supportive environment. I find my self in a similar situation and it seems the same vice.... a good buzz. Anyhow, I have been primal for 14 days with a bad day saturday... watched some golf and whacked down some beers... I can't describe how awful I felt yesterday... and not the hangover type awful... just puffy, my eyes hurt and my sinuses are still somewhat stuffed. Amazing how quickly things can change. Keep up the fight and again, congrats... you are now one of the inspirations on this site.
                                Thanks Aloerob!
                                Yeah, I like to drink, no secret there. I'm trying, and I think THAT is likely more important than success first time, never failing, blah, blah, blah. And here's what I mean: A failure and redemption story is way better than a story of never failing, never F-ing up, never having a problem. The community here is so easy-going and ready with a quick tip or help on a subject, that absolutely failing never even crossed my mind. Of course my wife thinks I'm under-nourished, having completely eliminated a whole food group, and the base of the government's food pyramid. It's just food for birds and some rodents, not people.
                                Hang in there, we're all going to make it!
                                Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X