Just starting out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, been booozing today.
    Yes, with three o's. Lots of booze. 2x4 oz of Jim Beam and maraschino cherries to go with them. Then followed ~2 hours later by a couple shots of Jaegermeister. Had a walk with wife (cor' totally short and not paleo at all, REALLY not satisfying.Mental note, BLOODY WALK you BEAST, wife's walk was totally short, talking about what my parents want for Thanksgiving at our house next Saturday, [my parents 80+ years old, not wanting to leave their house on the actual day, I get it!]). I played hard with our kiddos at the park, so the walk wasn't too bad, but chee!
    Tomorrow, I will work out primal, then go on the epic hike. Probably up Hunters Trail (where all the wealthy folk live).
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Comment

• Hi Folks!
      Well, I weighed UP this week. My parents were over for early Thanksgiving last Saturday (Dad is 80 and doesn't like to drive anymore, who can blame him? Especially during any holiday), so I picked them up. There was lots of non-Paleo/Primal stuff to choose from, and I only had a little of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, a carrot/curry souffle (wheat flour, hooray.), and only one bite of a roll (my first bread in 11 months, I wasn't impressed, not totally delicious, and not food). Of course I made the turkey, and it was fab!

The wife and kiddos are home all this week, and I've given up on my routine. Why fight it? They'll be back in school and to work next week, and I can get back to it.
      Good for now.
      Cheers!
      48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Comment

• Well, that's over. I made another fab turkey for wife's extended family. There was also ham there, and some raw veggies (carrots, broccoli and cherry tomatoes. I ate WELL!
        Tomorrow is fasting and putting up Christmas decorations, the tree, and lights on the outside of the house.
        I'll attempt to get a serious walk in during the morning hours.
        Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!
        Cheers!

Comment

• Hi everyone!
          I didn't and won't weigh this week, as it's likely UP!
          I'm concentrating on eating right, and getting in my daily walks, weekly sprints, and Primal workouts (THAT starts again Friday).
          I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, for those friends in the US. Everyone else, I hope had a great week!
          Cheers!
          Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 11-28-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Hi folks!
            I just weighed, and weirdly enough I'm down by 2 pounds from 2 weeks ago!
            Weird!
            I've been boozing, and eating/drinking PLENTY of dairy. Not a lot of walking this past week, as It's been raining. I will get a walk in... NOW! Rain has stopped and the ground is drying, time to GO!
            I'll try to get in a looong one, as I really feel the need for it!
            Have a great week y'all!
            Cheers!

Comment

• Hi Y'all!
              I am extremely full. I slow cooked a pork picnic roast in the oven all day, and after getting it out, ate about a quarter of it.
              I got in a fantastic walk on Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday and today, not as much. Tomorrow, I'll take an AWESOME one!
              Cheers!

Comment

• Hi Everybody!
                I got several small-medium sized walks in today, whilst also applying for 6 jobs, and attempting to garner a new customer (for computer help).
                Busy day!
                I'll do sprints on Sunday, for the first time in about 2 weeks.
                Have a great weekend y'all!
                Cheers!

Comment

• Nope, no sprints yesterday. It was much more fun arguing with my wife. Or not.
                  Aside from all distractions, I managed to weight DOWN for the second (third?) week in a row.
                  Cheers!

Comment

• Hi Everyone!
                    I went to a client's for report writing and dinner. We had braised beef (Yummo!), with carrots, green beans (meh!), and egg noodles (double meh). Fasting today, and I'll get in a long walk as well, if it doesn't start raining.
                    Good for now.
                    Cheers!

Comment

• Howdy Y'all!
                      Wow, I'm officially Jewish! Not really, but kind of cool...
                      I participated in the coolest ceremony ever: Lighting the Minorah for Hannukah!
                      Short, and to the point.
                      My client, is of course, Jewish. His wife, invited me to join in the lighting of the Minorah for the 3rd night of Hannukah. I put on the Yamulka (Jewish beanie), and watched and listened while my client and his wife recited a prayer (in Hebrew) and lit their candles. I then lit mine, and put the lighting candle back.
                      MAN, THAT WAS COOL! Way cooler than a 4 hour Catholic mass (that a friend invited me to in 8th grade), you're WRONG Dave, that SUCKED!

The next day, my client tried to apologize for his wife manipulating me into that position. I said, "Sorry? Are you kidding? That was probably the coolest thing I've ever done!"
                      Incase you good readers haven't noticed... I LOVE OTHER PEOPLES COOL STUFF!!!
                      You folks need Jewish friends, if for nothing else, than to argue with! FUN! FUN!
                      They need you too, to help them keep perspective.
                      Wow, long posting!
                      I discovered a LOVELY booze this week, that I'm going to try to stay away from: Grand Marnier!
                      Jeeze-o-Pete this stuff is dangerous. It threatens to undo all I've done in the last 11 months. Daing.
                      I've been fairly good this week too. Daing again.
                      I'll attempt to walk tomorrow, but no promises. It's likely to rain again. So far, this week has been mostly successful as far as walking and eating has gone. No Primal exercises, but whatever!
                      Good for now!
                      Cheers!
                      Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 12-14-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Hi folks!
                        Well today I weighed and I'm up by a pound. No surprise, too much Grand Marnier. That stuff is just too tasty!
                        At this stage in my Paleo/Primal development, I'm going to have to say: Thanks, but no thanks.
                        The low-level movements haven't been happening right either, with the intermittent rain and wife requests.
                        I'm going for a long walk now, since the rain has gone for now.
                        Cheers!

Comment

• Howdy all,
                          I changed up Mark's exercise program by 3 days, to have all workout activities happening during the week: Sprints on Sunday just weren't happening, or were annoying the wife... (time away from the family).
                          I sprinted flat ground (relatively flat, our city is hills, built on top of other hills) on Wednesday evening and Jeez-o-Pete, I am FAST!
                          I went from in front of our house, to the neighbor 6 houses down (about 100 yards). I started running as a car was pulling out, and I kept up (likely scaring the heck out of the driver, if he/she even noticed.)
                          I performed that ritual 3 times, and went into the house winded. It was bloody cold (cold for my thick blood, ~40F), and a bit windy.
                          I completely blew off any exercising today, other than lots of slow movement whilst Christmas shopping. Tomorrow, my family and I will go to church, and afterward I'll point out what I think is baloney, and they'll point out what they think is baloney if anything. The constructive approach to religion.

I've been drinking this week too, so the weigh-in on Monday will be interesting. Considering that this is the day the world was supposed to end, I'm a little annoyed: I was hoping to eliminate this debt!
                          Good luck to us all!
                          Cheers!
                          Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 12-21-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Hi everyone!
                            I just weighed and I'm up by a pound. I've been having a drink or 3 every day this last week. Also I've been stressing over Christmas and staying up later. The family has 2 weeks off from school, so what to do every day? I think I'm going to *arrange* several long hikes, so that the family doesn't actually know they're on a hike... Trip to the mall? Quick [not so much] hike up Glendora Mountain Road? Hmm. There are WILD BLACKBERRIES up there, and all the rattlesnakes will be asleep (my son and I saw one on a hike last spring)!
                            Victoria Gardens (outdoor mall), YEAH! Walka-Walka-Walkah!
                            Today, I'm going to do the Essential Primal Movements that Mark recommends. I haven't been doing them regularly, but it's time to harden up.
                            Cheers!

Comment

• Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!
                              My family and I went to see my parents and my brother's family today. We ate at a Mexican restaurant where I ordered a Taco Salad, no beans of course. Got beans. Meh!
                              I ate it and am feeling bleah!
                              Gassy, gas, gas!
                              No Damn Bueno, Cabron!
                              Tomorrow, both of my boys are going with me on a hike on Mike Antonovich Trail in San Dimas (next town over). Strangely enough, this town, while east of us, is also SOUTH of us. It should be a fun hike, hopefully a long one, since I've barely broken a sweat in the last 2 weeks.

The house is smelling WONDERFUL!
                              I'm making Tomato Garlic Butter. I'm using 16 oz of regular tomatoes, instead of the cherry tomatoes. My wife is less than impressed though. For her, to smell Italian, some oregano is in order. Nope, none of THAT happening. Tomatoes cooked, cooling now. In a while, I'll mix it with the grass-fed [Kerrygold] butter and Yum-o-Rama!
                              Cheers!

Comment

• Hi Charlie

I've just read your entire journal and I must say that your dedication is very impressive. I am just starting (again) due to health issues but hope to have a similar journey to the one you're taking.

Cheers
                                Karen

Comment

Working...
                                X