Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset - Fit, Forty, and FABULOUS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leptin Reset - Fit, Forty, and FABULOUS!

I've been on a GAPS diet for a year and a half. You can read my health journey here:

Introducing...Churyl | Life is a Palindrome

I'm doing the reset to lose about 5 lbs, rein in my horrendous sugar cravings at night, improve my libido, and hopefully cure my two patches of eczema. Also, for optimal health.

And because I want my chest to be bigger around than my waist!

Week 1, Day 1

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? 10 oz of ground beef (ragu bolognese) warmed with 1 TBS ghee

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 6am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes...no lunch. just green tea with truvia

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 5p three egg whites with their raw yolks, butternut squash soup, cooked in 1.5 TBS ghee total.

- No snacking? check

- exposure to morning sun? yes

- darkening the house at sunset? yes, but had to work in bright classroom from 6p till 10p

- 100% primal diet? yes

- <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit)? yes
    Last edited by czev; 01-10-2012, 06:10 PM.
    biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
    biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"

before pics

taken 1.12.12
    Attached Files

Comment

Week 1, Day 2

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 1 can of Vital Choice Wild Salmon and 1/2 tsp coconut oil.

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 645 am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes - no lunch today

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes - chicken and chard with pastured broth soup, roasted vegetables and ghee

- No snacking? check

- darkening the house at sunset? yes

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-12-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Week 1, Day 3

This diet is working out amazingly for me! Eating just breakfast and dinner, and having absolutely no sugar cravings, is AWESOME. I love darkening the house at night and took my night shower with candlelight. I could see living this way! I absolutely love it.

I have been incredibly tired in the afternoons these first few days. I don't know if it's the leptin reset diet, or the coconut oil I had. I always get massive die-off from coconut oil. I've decided to hold off on it for a while, and then introduce it slowly.

I've also felt uncharacteristically angry here and there. Very strange. Not like me. Not sure if it's this diet, or what...gives me compassion for my partner who feels intense anger daily.

All in all I feel great, and am excited to be doing this. Woohoo!!!

Week 1, Day 3

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 8 large eggs...scrambled whites and added raw yolks in the mix

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 6 - 630 am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, lunch at 11 30a - two slices sugar free uncured local bacon, pickle, sweet potatoes and carrots

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 5 30p french onion soup and ragu bolognese (ground beef with tomato)

- No snacking? check

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-12-2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to reading about your leptin reset journey. I inadvertently started on Tuesday as well. I may journal about it also.
          Started Atkins:: 1996
          Started Paleo: 2003
          Illness Started: 2008
          Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
          Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
          Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

yay! thank you! three cheers for us!

Comment

Cheering you on!
              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

thank you! your journal was what got me to start my own. i've read it all. excited to see you reach your goal soon!

Comment

Week 1 Day 4

I woke up to no idea what to have for breakfast, and my partner deciding to join me. Um, what? I'm excited to discuss the details with him and have him join me...and to be prepared for tomorrow's breakfast! That was crazy.

I ended up having some kefir at 130a because of a UTI, hoping it will help...

Week 1, Day 4

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, one slice bacon and a huge amount of beef brisket and some ground beef

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 7a to 730 am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes - 12 15p pastured chicken, chard, and navy bean soup with 1 TBS ghee melted in, 1 pickle,

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 630p butternut squash soup, beef brisket, pickle

- No snacking? check

- darkening the house at sunset? at 730p

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-14-2012, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Week 1, Day 5

Yesterday, I started craving sweets and snacks. Ugh. Thank goodness I don't have anything like that in the house. I was unbelievably exhausted. Took a two hour nap, and went to sleep at 7:30pm. This morning I woke at 7a, and it's now 9a and I'm ready for a nap. Ugh.

**I ended up napping from 10a to 11a, and that helped, but was still quite exhausted for the rest of the day.

Week 1, Day 5

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 9 slices of bacon and 4 scrambled eggs. I almost gagged, it was so much food and fat. Ugh. Took me a long time to finish, but I did.

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch?

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, french onion soup, roasted carrots, pickle, and raw liver.

- No snacking? check

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-15-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Day 4? A lot of folks have a resurgence of cravings 4-5 days after chucking the foods that cause them problems.

Comment

Week 1, Day 6

Here I am, day 6. The cravings are back at night. Having this journal really is key in helping me to not even consider having any. Last night at 9pm when I couldn't bear it anymore, I had a small cup of wild apricot tea with a packet of Truvia. That really helped. Then I just read a book. Doing something different that I enjoy typically helps, too.

The great things is I feel so much better about myself when I don't give in. That feeling is better than the few seconds of yumminess I get from eating sweets that end up making me feel yucky.

I'm still fighting a very low-grade UTI. I've been feeling the burning, off and on, since Christmas. I cant think what brought it on...except, perhaps, too much sugar around the holidays?? I've tried d-mannose, cranberry with no sugar, applying kefir, all to no avail. It's so slight, like a 1 out of 10, in terms of pain. I really don't want to go to a doctor just to have them tell me to take antibiotics. Sigh. I think I'll try drinking a lot more fluids and applying kefir from raw dairy, not pasteurized. If it still doesn't go away, I'll go to the doc.

I'm still pretty tired. I can't wait till the energy kicks in and my libido resurrects!

Week 1, Day 6

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 1 can of Vital Choice Wild Salmon.

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 7 - 730am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, 12:30p two slices of fatty beef brisket, pickle.

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, dinner 6:30p...lots of broth, pickle, roasted onions mushrooms and sweet potato, ragu bolognese (ground beef).

- No snacking? check

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-16-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

vit c megadosing! can explain morelater

Comment

oh...thank you for that. helps to know that.

Comment

Week 1, Day 7

My UTI is gone! Yaaayyyyy!!! Didn't end up doing anything but drink more fluids, including a ton of broth.

My eczema, which I've had a really bad patch of on my leg for four years, is better than ever. Instead of an angry red scaly mess, it's a dark pink and just the texture of my skin. Woohoo!

I've been loving my evening candlelight showers and reading. So dreamy and romantic and just...beautiful. I was already sleeping well, but I feel like I am sleeping even deeper, like I did in my childhood and twenties.

I'm still pretty tired, but not so debilitatingly so. Feeling happy.

Week 1, Day 7

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, two andouille sausages and 5 oz of ragu bolognese (ground beef).

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes - 12 30p, broth and 1 T ghee for lunch.

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 6p - chicken legs with yummy crispy skin!, sweet potato and onions, pastured broth, pickle

- No snacking? check

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-17-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X