Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset - Fit, Forty, and FABULOUS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you, mama grok! yes...i'll be curious, too. the time consuming part is going to be figuring out how many grams of carbs, proteins, and fats i have. most of the food i eat is made from scratch and there's no label. i'll be using fit day a lot the next little while.
    biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
    biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"

Comment

leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 2

Leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 2

BREAKFAST:
      Upon rising within one hour eat 50% of your daily carbs (~26g) with 25 grams of protein and 20-30 grams of fats?

had southern chicken soup and a pork patty, and ended up having 50g of protein and 47.5g of fat and only 14g of carbs. oops!

Keep as active as possible during light hours (stand not sit, use stairs not elevators, walk/ bike as much as possible)?
      yes, biked an hour

LUNCH:
      Eat 25% of remaining carbs (~7g), or skip and eat it with dinner?

1 cup smoked duck with skin 33g protein and 49g fat! 0 carbs.

Work out between 1p and 5p? Not a work out day

DINNER:
      Eat up to 1 hour after exercise?
      not a work out day
      Eat remaining carbs (~19g), 25g - 75g protein, and CCK fats (coco oil, butter, lard)? almost enough carbs, yes protein, yes fats. had a slice of pizza without the crust, some more smoked duck, a 1/2 tablespon of coco oil, and a pickle.
      Complete dinner by 7p, and at least 4 hours before bed? no, ate more duck at 11p because i was starving

totals for the day: 1909 calories, 140.5g fat, 44g carbs, 112.3g protein
      Take Vit D and maintain optimal levels?
      Last edited by czev; 01-28-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 3

Leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 3

BREAKFAST:
        Upon rising within one hour eat 50% of your daily carbs (~26g) with 25 grams of protein and 20-30 grams of fats?

1 cup beef broth, 3 egg omelet with 1.5pc bacon, .25 cup onion, mushrooms: 421 cal, 27.8g fat, 15.2g carbs, 28.9 protein

Keep as active as possible during light hours (stand not sit, use stairs not elevators, walk/ bike as much as possible)?
        biked for an hour, walked/ jogged 15 mins.

LUNCH:
        1/4 chicken drumstick with skin, 1/4 cup sweet potato, pickle, a bite of parmesan

DINNER:
        n/a
        Eat remaining carbs (~19g), 25g - 75g protein, and CCK fats (coco oil, butter, lard)? yes, large chicken leg with skin, southern chicken soup, a bite of sauerkraut, 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, half an orange, half a banana

Complete dinner by 7p, and at least 4 hours before bed? no, finished at 7 30p and asleep by 930p or 10p

Take Vit D and maintain optimal levels? not yet

Totals for the day: 1556 cals, 104.7g fat, 59.7g carbs, 96.2g protein
        Last edited by czev; 01-28-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 4

I've been a little tired in the afternoons. Took another nap yesterday. But feel decent before and after that. Don't know if it's the increased carbs or the coconut oil, or the new exercise, or what. But in general, I'm feeling happy and energetic.

I'm so excited for my washboard stomach to come! I've been biking a little harder up hils. A half block sprint here and there. I'm planning on fasting for part of a day soon. I can't decide if I should miss breakfast and lunch and then have dinner, or miss lunch and dinner and keep breakfast. I prefer to miss breakfast, because if I miss dinner, I typically can't fall asleep or stay asleep hungry, and end up eating, anyway. And it's miserable. So, even though Dr. Kruse says to never miss breakfast, I think I might try it...Thoughts?

Thanks to Fit Day, I'm seeing that I really need to eat more veggies. Ugh. After 15 years of being a vegetarian and missing meat/ hating veggies the whole time, I'm not really excited about eating more veggies. Also, they make me tired. Carbs just exhaust me. But perhaps my leptin being better, I won't have the same reaction?? Anyway...going to get some veggies tmw.

Leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 4

BREAKFAST:

yes, 8am 4 scrambled eggs, 2 cups mushrooms, pork patty, 2 cups broth

LUNCH:

no lunch today

DINNER:
          n/a
          Eat remaining carbs (~19g), 25g - 75g protein, and CCK fats (coco oil, butter, lard)?
          yes, chicken breast, 2 cups green beans with butter, 6 0z blueberries

Complete dinner by 7p, and at least 4 hours before bed? yes

Take Vit D and maintain optimal levels? not yet

Totals for the day: next time i would have half the pork patty and half the blueberries.

1,766 cals
          105.1g fat
          74.6g carbs
          139.3g protein
          Last edited by czev; 01-29-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 5

Leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 5

BREAKFAST:

yes, 7a to 8a - chorizo, southern veg soup, 1.5 cups green beans, 1 cup broth, 1T ghee
            660 cals, 44.3g fat, 27.5g carbs, 40.0g protein

biked for an hour.

LUNCH:
            yes, 10g carbs - broth with raw liver

Work out between 1p and 5p? 1p, 35 push ups and 40 squats.

DINNER:

Eat remaining carbs (~7g), 25g - 75g protein, and CCK fats (coco oil, butter, lard)?

Complete dinner by 7p, and at least 4 hours before bed? complete by 7p, roast duck leg with skin (and tons of fat), roast mushrooms and red peppers, 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil.

Take Vit D and maintain optimal levels? FCLO

Totals for the day: 1,654cal, 106.4g fat, 54.8 carbs, 119.5g protein

lots of fat and protein with dinner. and only 9g of carbs. really hoping i stay asleep and don't wake up hungry tonight.
            Last edited by czev; 01-30-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I personally would fast lunch first. I found after a month at 65g protein breakfast, I couldn't eat lunch if I wanted to, and I haven't eaten lunch since (two months ago). No hunger at all. I love this method of fasting, lol! I figure eventually I'll stop being hungry for dinner, too, and then I'll know to decrease my breakfast till I'm back at "no lunch but hungry for dinner" homeostasis. Then I think I"ll be ready to fast lunch & dinner occasionally by choice, post-leptin-sensitivity.
              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

yes i was already planning to fast for lunch. i do that now sometimes. but i wanted to add an extra meal, and can't decide whether it should be breakfast or dinner. i have a hard time sleeping when i miss dinner. i either am too hungry to fall asleep or i wake up in the middle of the night starvin' like marvin.

Comment

Then it might not be time to start IFing? I'm thinknig of my own experiences where trying to fast through breakfast when I hadn't been 100% steady for months already, I always ended up in a cravings nightmare.

Can'tn remember, have you tried fasting or lessening the amount of dinner since becoming leptin sensitive?
                  5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                  Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                  Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                  Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                  ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

i think you're right...maybe it's not time yet.

just eating more carbs has made me hungrier and i've woken a few times from starvation. so i think i better wait. good advice, mama grok. thank you!

Comment

leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 6

Leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 6

BREAKFAST:

no, ate chorizo and some mushroom at 3am, then didn't eat again till lunch.

yes, an hour biking and 11 flights of stairs

LUNCH:
                      Eat 25% of remaining carbs (~8g), or skip and eat it with dinner?

roast duck with skin and mushrooms

DINNER:

Eat remaining carbs (~7g), 25g - 75g protein, and CCK fats (coco oil, butter, lard)?

Complete dinner by 7p, and at least 4 hours before bed?

Take Vit D and maintain optimal levels?

Totals for the day:
                      Last edited by czev; 01-31-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Week 1 Day 5:
                        Last night I woke TWICE ravenous with hunger. I ended up eating a hotdog. So frickin hungry. It's like hunger on steroids. Nothing I ever feel during the day. I feel like I'm going stark raving mad.

This morning I had breakfast, typed it into FitDay and had much too low carbs again. So I added a cup and a half of green beans. I have simply GOT to start eating carbs in the morning so I don't have them at dinner. I need to save my protein and fat for dinner so I can sleep through the night. Whew.

I've been to three stores near my home looking for produce, trying to avoid the longer hike to the incredible health food store, but I keep striking out. Nothing organic, and most of the veggies too sweet for me. I'm going to make a concerted effort to get some decent vegetables today so I don't get caught with my pants down yet again.

I didn't realize how incredibly low carb I've been eating on GAPS for the past year and a half. I knew I should be following their protocol and eating more veggies, but I never thought to count my carbs or figure out how many I want to eat till now. My body doesn't seem to like them. They make me tired and hungry. All I want is protein and fat.

I'm going to give veggies the good ole college try, though.

It's 8:20a and I'm already wanting a nap. Post carb coma...sigh.

***update
                        It's 10:30a. I ended up crashing for two hours. I'm starting to think I'm jumping up to too many carbs too soon. I'm not used to eating 50g of carbs a day. More like 15 to 25g. And then to eat green beans, which are so sweet...I think I just had a sugar crash. My poor body isn't used to it.

So I'm going to eat less carbs, and stick to dark green and totally not sweet ones for now.

Whew!
                        Last edited by czev; 01-30-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Leptin Sensitive - Week 1, Day 6

Last night, on week 1 day 5, I had a huge meal of very fatty roast duck and a few mushrooms. Was stuffed to the gills. Ate by 7p and slept at 10:30p. At 12 30a I woke stark raving mad with hunger. I was up till 3 30a. I tried a cup of tea and some other tricks to help me sleep to no avail. Finally I had some chorizo and a hot shower and fell asleep. I am so done with this night waking. I think I need to eat closer to bed time and have less carbs during the day. Maybe work my way to an earlier eating time. Perhaps I'm not leptin sensitive after all???

Comment

I an article on cheeseslave's blog. It's about not being able to lose belly fat. It talks about intermittent fasting, high cortisol, lack of magnesium on a paleo diet, and middle of the night cortisol insomnia. Sounds like me!

Is It Wheat Belly? Or Cortisol Belly? | CHEESESLAVE

So I've been wondering if I should just make some tweaks to this leptin sensitive diet - namely do Mark's protocol of WHEN: When Hungry Eat Now. And also add some magnesium to my diet. Apparently transdermally is the best way to do it. So I'm tweaking my food, timing, and supplements for now and will get back on reporting my daily doings soon.

I took my first CrossFit class. We happened to focus on shoulders that day. I didn't push myself too hard, and I felt fabulous after. Today, two days later, I feel pleasantly sore. Like I'm making new muscles, but I didn't overdo it. I was terrified out of my wits to go. I don't like pushing myself with exercise, and I've heard that's what CrossFit is all about. But I tailored it to my level of fitness, and I think it was awesome.

My belly is still exactly the same, if not bigger.

I'll figure it out!

Comment

Bulletproof Executive intermittent fasting and diet

Alright...I've decided to switch gears. Post leptin reset wasn't getting me anywhere. I gave up my car, bike an hour a day, started crossfit, ate less food, and ended up gaining weight. Perhaps because I wasn't eating breakfast before, and then started with his diet.

I recently came across the bulletproof executive The Bulletproof Executive and decided to incorporate his fat burning ideas.

Bulletproof intermittent fasting Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting | The Bulletproof Executive, with diet The Bulletproof Diet (Upgraded Paleo) | The Bulletproof Executive

IF
                              Step 1: Finish dinner by 8 pm
                              Step 2: Drink Bulletproof Coffee in the morning
                              Step 2.5 (optional) Work out
                              Step 3: Do not eat until 2pm
                              Step 4: Eat as much Bulletproof food as you like for 6 hours (until 8 pm)

DIET
                              Target 50-60% of calories from healthy fats (this is easy and tastes good), 20% from protein, and the rest from vegetables.

SUPP
                              Vit D - 1000 IU per 25 lbs weight (5000 for me)
                              Magnesium (ionic, oil, homeopathic) - 400 - 800 mg/ day
                              FCLO - 1 - 2 T a day

EXCERCISE
                              Sprint/ Intense Bike 2x a week
                              Crossfit 1 - 2x a week
                              Walk, bike, take stairs as much as possible

I'm still waking up with the sun, lowering lights at night, being as active as much as possible during the day, doing cross fit once a week and sprinting twice a week. Crossed fingers!!
                              Last edited by czev; 02-23-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Bulletproof Day 1

wow...this bulletproof coffee is unbelievable. i'm not a coffee drinker, so the buzz and energy i have off it is phenomenal. if i felt like this everyday i could rule the world! i'm only needing six hours sleep. i try to sleep more but i just can't. this is day three of coffee and it's amazing. i'm getting the best stuff in san francisco, at four barrel coffee. haven't gotten the coconut oil yet, so it's just coffee and butter for now. i upped it to 3T today, and it was much more satiating. very easy to fast until 2p.

but i wonder...isn't the energy because my body thinks it's fighting poison? i read that about coffee somewhere. and isn't it burning out my adrenals? sigh. once my belly fat melts off, i'm going to stop the bulletproof coffee. but, for now, it's a hell of a ride!

i keep being shocked that my pooch isn't budging an inch. i mean, i started riding my bike an hour a day, crossfit three times now, i eat less, stopped sweets except for something small once a week...all vast improvements...and yet, if anything, my pooch is bigger! so weird. i hope it's not pre menopause hormonal stuff already. ayyy....

in any case, other than my pooch, i look fabulous and feel fabulous. i am so grateful for that. it's becoming more of a desire to figure out this puzzle...

IF
                                Step 1: Finish dinner by 8 pm no
                                Step 2: Drink Bulletproof Coffee in the morning yes
                                Step 2.5 (optional) – Work out not today
                                Step 3: Do not eat until 2pm yes
                                Step 4: Eat as much Bulletproof food as you like for 6 hours (until 8 pm)
                                got hungry and ate at 9:20p

DIET
                                Target 50-60% of calories from healthy fats (this is easy and tastes good), 20% from protein, and the rest from vegetables. yes

SUPP
                                Vit D - 1000 IU per 25 lbs weight (5000 for me) not yet
                                Magnesium (ionic, oil, homeopathic) - 400 - 800 mg/ day not yet
                                FCLO - 1 - 2 T a day yes

EXCERCISE
                                Sprint/ Intense Bike 2x a week wednesday and sunday
                                Crossfit 1 - 2x a week sunday
                                Walk, bike, take stairs as much as possible yes
                                Last edited by czev; 02-24-2012, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X