Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset - Fit, Forty, and FABULOUS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesterday...so it's been two full days of tons of energy. i don't really have a libido, but i really haven't since i was 18. my tummy is still poochy...but perhaps pregnancy puffed it out, and only exercise will help bring it down now...?

not quite sure if i should wait for these two symptoms to clear up, or just start on the leptin sensitive diet and get exercising?

unfortunately the UTI symptoms came back yet again. it's been like this since christmas. low-grade burning only for a few hours every day or two. i'm not having to pee all the time. no yeast that i can see. i wonder if it's even a uti or something else? i've been going panty free and wearing skirts as much as possible...although riding my bicycle sometimes seems like it might be a cause. sigh.

anyway...so excited for the ENERGY!!! WOOHOO!
    Last edited by czev; 01-20-2012, 09:54 PM.
    biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
    biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"

Comment

Week 2, Day 5

Still feel great. Amazed at how wonderfully I sleep now. Just like I did as a child and in my twenties. I lay down to sleep, and when I come to, it's morning! I'm really wondering if I'm leptin sensitive now. Especially after doing low carb GAPS and IFing for so long...I'll wait till I find an exercise place to decide to stop this reset. Any feedback or thoughts welcome!

Week 2, Day 5

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 35g wild white fish, two eggs

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 7 to 7 30 am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, 1pm broth and raw liver and ghee

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 6 15p roast chicken and avocado, green salad

- No snacking? check

- exposure to morning sun? yes

- darkening the house at sunset? yes

- 100% primal diet? yes

- <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit)? yes
      Last edited by czev; 01-21-2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by czev View Post
        Still feel great. Amazed at how wonderfully I sleep now. Just like I did as a child and in my twenties. I lay down to sleep, and when I come to, it's morning! I'm really wondering if I'm leptin sensitive now. Especially after doing low carb GAPS and IFing for so long...I'll wait till I find an exercise place to decide to stop this reset. Any feedback or thoughts welcome!

Week 2, Day 5

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 35g wild white fish, two eggs

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch?

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner?

- No snacking? check

- 100% primal diet? yes

- <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit)?
        Glad you are feeling so good. This gives me hope.
        Started Atkins:: 1996
        Started Paleo: 2003
        Illness Started: 2008
        Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
        Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
        Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

Wow - you could be a record case of fast LR, lol. Have you checked dr. k's blog for the signs off ls? Sleep, warmth, energy, no hunger or cravings... He suggests HIIT (interval training) & sprints, lifting heavy to start with. I think you s hould post Your (very brief) case history on the mega threadd and get some feedback there.

sleepingg baby on arm!
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

yes, i have checked dr. k's blog. i still have cold hands and feet, but the sleep is perfect, the energy is great, really everything else except libido. Although once I get started being intimate, everything is fantastic. I just don't ever feel the need to initiate. great idea to post on the mega thread. i'll look for it now.

thank you! so appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Week 2, Day 6

My significant other and I are going through some big stuff, so I woke with my head spinning at 5a and had some tears to shed. Spoke to a friend of mine. So I didn't get to breakfast till much later. Also, my son kept me up with ear pain till past midnight, so I may end up needing a nap today.

Even though there is a bit of craziness going on, I feel deep within my being that all is well.

Week 2, Day 6

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 50g of beef stroganoff - brisket

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? no. woke at 5 20a but ate from 7 to 7 30 am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, 12 40p two pieces of bacon

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 545p pickle, red lentil curry soup, flank steak with onions, scrambled eggs

- No snacking? check

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-23-2012, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Week 2, Day 7

Week 2 Day 7

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 35g smoked wild mackerel, 15g scrambled eggs

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? no. woke at 5 20a but ate from 7 to 7 30 am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, 12 30p broth with langoustines (shrimp), and butter

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 6p salad, southern chicken soup with lots of veggies, two scrambled eggs, 1/4 hamburger patty

- No snacking? at 11 30p, i had a cup of beef brisket and some goat kefir because i woke suddenly with intense hunger.

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-24-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Week 3, Day 1

Last night I woke up starvin like marvin, at 11 30pm. I had a cup of beef brisket and some goat kefir. It's weird because I actually ate more than usual yesterday. I think it's all the carbs I had at dinner. They actually make me more hungry.

I have a CrossFit appointment this Thursday at 11 am! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Week 3, Day 1

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, pork patty with ginger and scallions, beef brisket

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, 1 30p lentil soup with lots of butter

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 7 30p brisket, three eggs, a few sips goat kefir

- No snacking? check

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-24-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Week 3, Day 2

I ended up having a crazy 2 hour nap today. Perhaps because I only got 7.5 hours of sleep instead of 9. Perhaps because I had some goat kefir, which makes me tired. In any case, it was a beautiful sleep!

Week 3, Day 2

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, can of wild salmon, pickle

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, 12p three eggs and 2 bacon

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 7p beef brisket
                    - No snacking? check

- 100% primal diet? yes

Last edited by czev; 01-25-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by czev View Post
                      Last night I woke up starvin like marvin, at 11 30pm. I had a cup of beef brisket and some goat kefir. It's weird because I actually ate more than usual yesterday. I think it's all the carbs I had at dinner. They actually make me more hungry.

I have a CrossFit appointment this Thursday at 11 am! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Week 3, Day 1

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, pork patty with ginger and scallions, beef brisket

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, 1 30p lentil soup with lots of butter

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 7 30p brisket, three eggs, a few sips goat kefir

- No snacking? check

- 100% primal diet? yes

I thought lentils were considered starchy. No?
                      Started Atkins:: 1996
                      Started Paleo: 2003
                      Illness Started: 2008
                      Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
                      Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
                      Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
                      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

I don't think lentils are on the reset. Can't say whether one serving, once, will do much to set anyone back or not. I tend to think not, and my experience tends to say not, so far as the reset itself goes, but it would set back my gut recovery a few days.

Comment

Yeah...no more lentils for me. They also gave me a ton of gas!

Thanks for your feedback. Very helpful.

Comment

I have a crossfit appointment tomorrow and am officially switching to the Leptin Sensitive diet!

This success story is my inspiration - I don't want to become that muscular, but I do want to lose the pudge and get lean. She inspires me because she's older and can still do it, and because she starts out with not much weight to lose, just pudge, which is the boat I'm in.
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/a-pri...#axzz1kUiTH1X1

Here is my new daily template. Let me know if you have comments, or suggestions!

Leptin Sensitive Diet

BREAKFAST: Upon rising within one hour eat 50% of your daily carbs (~26g) with 25 grams of protein and 20-30 grams of fats?

Keep as active as possible during light hours (stand not sit, use stairs not elevators, walk/ bike as much as possible)?

LUNCH: Eat 25% of remaining carbs (~7g), or skip and eat it with dinner?

Work out between 1p and 5p?

DINNER:
                            Eat up to 1 hour after exercise?
                            Eat remaining carbs (~19g), 25g - 75g protein, and CCK fats (coco oil, butter, lard)?
                            Complete dinner by 7p, and at least 4 hours before bed?

Take Vit D and maintain optimal levels?
                            Last edited by czev; 01-25-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 1

Leptin Sensitive Diet - Week 1, Day 1

BREAKFAST:
                              Upon rising within one hour eat 50% of your daily carbs (~26g) with 25 grams of protein and 20-30 grams of fats?
                              didn't have time to figure out numbers of grams of carbs because i had a southern chicken soup with lots of veggies. i threw in about 15g of shrimp, too. i got hungry at 10:30am

Keep as active as possible during light hours (stand not sit, use stairs not elevators, walk/ bike as much as possible)?
                              yes, climbed 7 flights of stairs, rode my bike for an hour and a half throughout the day, took a 15 min walk.

LUNCH:
                              Eat 25% of remaining carbs (~7g), or skip and eat it with dinner? yes, no lunch today.

Work out between 1p and 5p?
                              i worked out at 11 30am: 500m rowing, 40 squats, 30 sit ups, 20 modified push ups, 10 aided pull ups

DINNER:
                              Eat up to 1 hour after exercise? no, ate at 7p
                              Eat remaining carbs (~19g), 25g - 75g protein, and CCK fats (coco oil, butter, lard)? yes, hashimi, roast chicken leg, cooked spinach
                              Complete dinner by 7p, and at least 4 hours before bed? no, i ate at 7p but had a piece of bacon at 1030p
                              Take Vit D and maintain optimal levels? no
                              Last edited by czev; 01-27-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I will totally be following you on this! Great summary of the post-reset tenets. I wanna know if you have success keeping cravings/munchies away on the lower breakfast protein. I hope so!

Comment

Working...
                                X