Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset - Fit, Forty, and FABULOUS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My unused protein is definitely not turning to fat.

Detox bath?
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Originally posted by czev View Post
      I'm trying not to exercise. I'm trying to follow his diet to a T. I don't own a car, so I have to bicycle to get everywhere, but it's minimal. I am doing about 20 push ups a day because I'm a sign language interpreter and I develop terrible pain when I don't keep my upper body strong. That's it.

But, yes. It seems strange to eat so much protein and then not exercise at all. I read somewhere that unused protein turns to fat?? In any case, I'm keeping my lunch meals as tiny as possible, or skipping them altogether so that I do use up all that protein. ???
      Yeah, it seems like it would be impossible to eat lunch after a breakfast like that. Right now anyway, I'd have to force feed myself. So, I'll just go my anti-candida diet + exercise without overdoing it route for now. But I'm still interested in seeing how you and MamaGrok do on this leptin reset because I'll probably try it at some point.
      Starting weight: 225
      Current weight: 195
      Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
      Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
      My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

Originally posted by kkcarlton View Post
        I think I need to start a journal to be strict with the snacking issue and I like the format you are using. I may do something similar if you don't mind.
        please do! i stole it from mama grok!
        biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
        biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"

Comment

do you know how long the fatigue lasts. what the range of time is for most people?

Comment

Try 1tsp baking soda in glass of water, and drink one every hour until UTI symptoms disappear. Symptoms are usually gone within 3-4 hours. Works everytime!

Comment

Originally posted by czev View Post
              please do! i stole it from mama grok!
              LOL - thanks.
              Started Atkins:: 1996
              Started Paleo: 2003
              Illness Started: 2008
              Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
              Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
              Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

I took a tsp of baking soda. Then went to the store and got the sodium ascorbate Vit C and took a spoonful of that, which is 4 to 5k whatever units. The next hr I took one more spoonful of C and immediately hit 'bowel tolerance'. At work! It was a little awkward to say the least. Popping off my interpreter chair a few times when I was 'on' because things had become...er, explosive. I stopped there because I didn't want to keep having these emergencies at work. The symptoms went away and seem to be at bay this morning. Crossed fingers!

Comment

Week 2, Day 3

Yesterday was such an unbelievably tired day. Hoping I get my energy back soon!

**update**

Oh my goodness, I'm BURSTING with energy today! Don't know if it was just time, or if the Vitamin C did me some good. So unbelievably wonderful to have myself back. Yaaayyyy!!!!!

Week 2, Day 3

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 25 grams of pan-fried wild caught white fish, two eggs, ground beef.

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 6 30 to 7 am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, no lunch

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 6pm, ate at a restaurant - beef burger with bacon (no bun), spinach and sweet potato salad, macadamia nuts, french fries

- No snacking? check

- exposure to morning sun? yes

- darkening the house at sunset? yes

- 100% primal diet? yes

- <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit)?
                  Last edited by czev; 01-19-2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Thank you for this idea. Took a detox bath on day 9 (week 2, day 2). Filtered bath water with epsom salts. Was soo nice!

Comment

Where did you find SAP in a store? I'm always hoping to find it in a local store to point folks to who are less willing to order online!

Jealous of your filtered bath water. I can't make my baths too hot b/c the evaporating chlorine makes me ill.

Comment

I found SAP at a huge health store we have here in San Francisco called 'Rainbow'.

Yes, we got a shower filter, and I just ran the water through the shower head into the bath. It's the first bath I've ever had like that and it was amazing to have that chlorine-free experience. So wonderful!

Comment

How much time do you spend in the morning sun? Not that we have any right now.
                          Started Atkins:: 1996
                          Started Paleo: 2003
                          Illness Started: 2008
                          Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
                          Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
                          Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
                          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

we don't have a car, so i ride my son to work, and myself to school. all told, it's about an hour.

Comment

Week 2, Day 4

Wow! This is getting easier as time goes by! I still have fantastic energy. I'm starting to wonder if my leptin is reset already...?

Week 2, Day 4

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, can of sardines

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 6 45 to 7 15 am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, lunch 12 30p - southern chicken soup with chard

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 5 30p, southern chicken soup with chard, beef broth, spoon of ghee, spoon of butter. tons of stevia with water to wash down yucky vit c every hour, trying to combat this UTI or whatever it is.

- No snacking? check

- exposure to morning sun? yes

- darkening the house at sunset? yes

- 100% primal diet? yes

- <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit)?
                              Last edited by czev; 01-20-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Wait! When did the energy change for you?

Comment

Working...
                                X