No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good call - if your breakfast isn't giving your body the message, I don't know what will (<3 bacon and guacamole). I'm carefully watching fat intake too because of this Dr. Eades article:

The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. Low-carb and calories

I feel like, DOY!, after reading it. Fat still has its place and is important for satiety, but I'm trying to make a goal of eating more protein than fat. That's part of what I'm doing on MyFitnessPal too, not just keeping the calories within a limit, but studying how different amounts of carbs, fats and proteins affect me over time.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Hmm! I never thought of rooibos as sweet. If it is, it's definitely earthy too:-) I love gunpowder tea and pu erh and lapsong souchong (actually, that's my favorite but smoked is a very good migraine trigger) and mint and ginger.

Comment

• So as much as the leptin "3 square meals a day" thing has been reccomended I've always been an "eat when you're hungry don't when you're not" kind of guy... Well. I wasn't really hungry today... at all... So I didn't really eat anything... at all. I had some tea and a cup of coffee as well at an evening church service today but I didn't feel hungry at all until about 10:30pm (bout a half hour ago). At this point I've decided it's too late to eat. I'm going to grab some water, call it a night, and worry about food in the morrow. Just an odd day foodwise I guess.
        SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
        Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
        Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• It seems like the eat when hungry would be wiser unless "hungry" was 24/7. I bet you lost weight today. Did you drink any water?

Comment

• Bit of water but nothing to keep me "full". I think i had maybe half a bottle. It's odd because I've been awake for an hour and a half and I'm not hungry yet. I hope nothing's wrong... I may eat just for the sake of doing so this morning.

***Update: Only about a pound and a half off this week. It's weight off but it's a little disheartening after I had done soo well my first month.
            Last edited by ecks; 02-19-2012, 06:33 AM.
            Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
            Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Well, I'm impressed with your 292. It's going to be reading 280 something so soon. It's probably a real certainty you'll be hungry very soon (like in an hour):-) Sometimes, when I read Tfarny's take on things, I wonder if our stress about the whole thing -- I mean, my G-d, we're fat and don't want to be -- is slowing the whole thing down. BTW, you look great as a large sized guy. I'm one of the unfortunate ones that looks terrible fat. And I'm getting cranky at myself. Tfarny went to Egypt for three weeks -- basically totally off primal -- and lost 9 pounds. Go figure!

Comment

• Pam! You are too sweet! I'm trying to let this morning go and start planning out what I'm going to do to make my one and a half pounds a full 2 pounds this week. Also, no matter what you think about how you look as a bigger woman I know that you are the type of person to always have a big smile on your face and a warm heart that you share with others- nothing is more beautiful than that. Let's keep each other accountable as we work on our journys together!

Comment

• I second that!
                  Starting weight: 225
                  Current weight: 195
                  Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                  Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                  My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Never quite got parliamentary procedure just right, but I'll third it!

Comment

• Me too
                      Odille
                      F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                      following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

• So this mornin I ate out of necessity. I figured the best way to get my hunger going again was a nice high fat breakfast. So here goes food for the day

Breakfast- Chunk of summer sausage. Coconut Milkshake- Coconut milk, 1 cup mixed blueberries and raspberries, 1 fozen banana, ice

Lunch and dinner- Half rack of ribs at each, big salad at each, pesto mixed with ketchup for dipping at each.

Comment

• Are you sure that was necessity? Just teasing.

Your coconut shake sounds delicious.

Do you make your own pesto?

Comment

• I'm calling it necessity because something was telling me that the hunger was a mental block and not a bodily block. I don't think it's healthy not to want to eat for a whole day. I cheated this morning and checked the scale. Down another half lb. I think my body just needed that extra boost. The shake is awesome! I forgot to mention adding Green and Blacks Organic Cocoa. And presto! here's the recipe for pesto Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe | Simply Recipes

It's a holiday in canada... made up one if I ever heard about it. "Family day". If I'm not mistaken this is only our third.

Breakfast- Coconut milkshake- 1/2 can coconut milk, strawberries, blueberries, organic cocoa, ice. Bacon with guacamole

Lunch- probably going to be "out" with my parents and sister. I haven't done the "out" thing in a while so I'm going to have to learn to paleofy whatever i get or maybe get a salad and just ask for olive oil dressing.

**update- absolutely nothing at the restaurant looked appealing. they seem to smother everything in a sauce or gravy (it was a diner). So i skipped lunch

Dinner- Zuchinni spaghetti, sausage, big salad

Dessert- some belgian dark chocolate, few walnuts
                            Last edited by ecks; 02-20-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Breakfast- 3 slices of bacon, 1 egg, couple slices of red peppers

Lunch- 2 pieces of chicken (Drums), leftover zucchini spaghetti (sauce is all done!), 1 cup berries, 2 cups mixed veggies

Dinner- 2 pieces of chicken (Drums), small salad (well half a large salad... was running short on time), 1 piece of 90% lindt dark chocolate, 2 pieces of 99% lindt dark chocolate (2 pieces of 99 are about the same if not smaller than 1 piece of the 90)

Team really brought it tonight dodgeball wise. We had no subs tonight because 3 of the girls couldn't make it. We had a friend of one of the other players come to fill the missing hole on the team (min 6 on the court); REALLY CUTE! and I really wish i had more time to talk to her. Oh! I played barefoot tonight! I don't think I'm going back to wearing shoes for dodgeball- not even my barefoot runners

Comment

• So, make time to talk to her:-)

I'm picturing you in Hawaii playing dodge ball on the sand barefoot! And you're in the north where it might snow any minute. OK. I have a vivid imagination. Always wanted to go to Hawaii though. My grandmother spent every winter there -- when I was in school :-( so I never got to go:-(

Comment

Working...
                                X