No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool article for anyone looking for a good read!

UCLA study talking about how environmental emissions oxidizing HDLs
    Jekyll into Hyde: Breathing auto emissions turns HDL cholesterol from 'good' to 'bad' / UCLA Newsroom
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• OK. I wasn't hungry. Now all I can think of is a sweet potato poutine Very helpful, ecks

Comment

• Originally posted by ecks View Post
        They have a beer there on tap that is brewed by Monks in a monastery in Belgium. Apparently the only time you can normally get this beer is if you go and visit the monastery but they are selling it around the world right now to raise funds to repair their roof. Expensive bottle but a damn good beer! (At 22 bones it better be!) the beer was accompanied by a poutine
        Aha, Westvleteren .
        My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
        My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
        Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
        Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Oh, you Belgians and your beer! Tempting all of us! I used to love a nice Belgian brew.
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• And sweet potato poutine...that's gotta happen soon. Nom nom paleo has a great gravy recipe, very easy. Basically onions.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Candy! It was one of the best beers I've ever had! Just never again at $22 a bottle! Woo!

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
              And sweet potato poutine...that's gotta happen soon. Nom nom paleo has a great gravy recipe, very easy. Basically onions.
              My dear you've never had my gravy... delicious!! And completely primal! Mmm.... Now I want gravy. Thinking about adding a twist to the poutine- and likely doing it this weekend.

So I may have a problem... last week when I was throwing up and suffering from hershey squirts I had chalked it up to theatre popcorn. When I got sick last weekend it was just after breakfast the next morning of scrambled eggs and bacon... Well this weekend after scrambled eggs and bacon it happened again... I got sick- and yet again out both ends. I think it might be the scrambling of the eggs... I very rarely scramble. Not sure why that would change anything- the basic recipe is eggs, butter, and sour cream or greek yogurt. Foods that frequent my regular diet... but something about it causes my stomach to rumble.

Today I'm fasting solid foods completely. I had my bulletproof coffee this morning and I'll resume a regular eating schedule tomorrow. I will try my regular over easy (or sunny side up) eggs this week and report back on how I feel.
              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Hope you pin that down soon. Will be interesting to figure that out.

No, I've never had your gravy! You never invited me over! I never turn down gravy.

Comment

• My dear my gravy is AMAZING!! And you're always welcome over!

Last time I ate was yesterday around 3:00. Wondering if I should fast until tomorrow afternoon (as I normally don't make time for breakfast now that I do bp coffee in the morning) or if I should attempt dinner tonight.

Comment

• Decided to eat last night. 3 sausages... Still getting sick... but it's mainly below deck... Ate 2 apples this morning and so far I'm holding onto them... Any suggestions to firm up my movements? My BP coffee has been sitting next to me for an hour and I haven't touched it yet...

Comment

• Thinking some mushrooms and eggs cooked in butter with some cheese on top. Apples tend to do the opposite Although, if your body is saying no to a good cup of coffee with cream, maybe it's saying not to eat. Hmm! I'd do the mushroom, egg, cheese thing first. Eating always seems better than non-eating -- but only if it sounds good. Hope you're feeling all better really soon -- above and below! Your gravy sounds yummy.

Comment

• That's the thing is that it was an egg scramble which started this in the first place... I've gotta wait for my gut to heal before I try eggs again.

Coffee is now over 2 and a half hours old- I've gotten through just over half but likely won't finish it for a while. Surprised how long the apples are keeping me full. I only ate them because I was genuinely hungry this morning.

Comment

• Odd about eggs. I've noticed lately that they don't seem to settle so well with me. Not anything I can really pinpoint -- just that my body doesn't seem to care for them. Weird.

Well, if nothing else, I'd throw the old coffee out and start fresh Old, cold coffee doesn't sound very entertaining!

That's interesting about the apples. Did you eat the peel and all? I'll have to remember that apples seem to be able to work both ways.

Comment

• That's the thing is that fried eggs seem ok. Apples with skin... always with skin... they're weird without it. And my coffee? BP coffee is still AMAZING cold. I'm using a local roaster called "Planet Bean" and the beans are so shiny you would think they were candy... Nice amount of oils left in them.

Comment

• Maybe get rid of the egg whites and see what happens. Are they all from the same carton? Maybe you bought a bad carton? Get better soon ecks!
                              Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• At some point you might want to eat something fermented, kefir or kombucha or yogurt with live cultures.

Comment

Working...
                                X