No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had noticed the bad reviews for the sheet, also the price seems outrageous to me. I mean, of course people need to earn money and deserve to get paid for their work and goods, but yikes! Maybe I'll try the mat. I keep thinking I can make one of my own for almost nothing. I was looking at the website and noticed the EKG electrodes...hmmmmm...I can get loads of those, and I don't even have to steal them, we discard them after awhile and also if we feel the outside of the package is contaminated. But the computer pad looks like a good deal. Does he sleep with his bare feet on it? It doesn't have to be plugged in?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• bare feet yes. plugged in yes.

I use this: Amazon.com: Belkin Anti-Static Wrist Band with Adjustable Grounding: Electronics

Clipped onto the grounding wire of an electrical cord with the + and - prongs removed (so I don't get electricuted)

10$ + plus an old 3 prog electrical cable.
      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Would you mind showing some pics of how you set that up? A tutorial?
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
        Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Hey Kalli, I'll take a few pics tonight when I get home and post them here tomorrow.
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Enough people have asked about this so I'm posting it here pre-blog post

2013-05-17 10.09.40.jpg

I chose this strap because it's got a button snap detachable wire.

2013-05-17 10.09.48.jpg

Clipped the strap to the green wire in an old power cable that I stripped. Green is always ground. Make sure you also clip the white and black cables, separate them, and put electrical tape over them.

2013-05-17 10.10.06.jpg

Break off or bend the + and - prongs at the other end of the power cable. It is dangerous to have them plugged in at all even if you've separated the white and black cables

2013-05-17 10.10.29.jpg

This is it clipped to my wrist. I put it on my right wrist because I found it more comfortable there. I normally clip it to the back of my wrist. What you can not see from the photos is that because of the button snap the strap swivels freely and comfortably reducing the amount of tugging. What you also can not see is that the wire between the strap and the alligator clip is coiled like a phone cord but provides little tension and tones of space to move around.

2013-05-17 10.11.07.jpg

If I ever have to get up in the middle of the night for anything (pee... ) I can detach myself, do my business and snap myself back in... No playing with the velcro strap.

Note: I kept the alligator clip on instead of stripping the wire and twisting it with the old power cable so that I can use the grounding strap for electronic work. If you decide to make one of these feel free to clip the clip (cut the clip?) twist the wires together after you've stripped some of the plastic coating off and tape over with electrical tape. If you're comfortable with soldering I'd solder them before taping them.

Good luck!

Comment

• Thanks for that, it is a lot clearer now. I'm a moron when it comes to electrical stuff. So I can use an old extension cord? Do I have to check the outlet to make sure it is grounded?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Shouldn't have to check to make sure it's grounded but it's not a terrible idea.

Comment

• Nice! Thanks so much!
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Did something this weekend that I haven't done in forever... I puked... I know what it was from. Saw star trek this weekend and for the first time since going paleo I had popcorn with "butter" (aka soy oil). Even worse is that I had it on an empty stomach. Tasted good.. obviously you can't get full off of it but it went well with the movie!

Great long weekend though! Did tones! Ate a lot of crap in general though

Friday I went to a BBQ. Saturday I went to the market, then out to sushi with my sister, then in the evening went to wild wings with some friends (1lb of "the farmers daughter" wings) then went back to my buddy's house to play some halo. Sunday I was up at 5:10am, at the church by 6:30 to mix the worship band (4 services mixed, and recorded) left at 2pm and drove to ottawa. Made it there in a record 4 hours and 50 minutes! Went to see star trek with buddies then slept over in ottawa at my buddies place. Monday was a hangout day in ottawa we went to montanas for lunch (beef rib, fries, and cole slaw). Drove back home with my buddy (2 of us in separate cars and we only got notably split up once). We stopped in toronto for dinner at some pub... As in I can't remember the name of the pub. We went there though for a particular reason. They have a beer there on tap that is brewed by Monks in a monastery in Belgium. Apparently the only time you can normally get this beer is if you go and visit the monastery but they are selling it around the world right now to raise funds to repair their roof. Expensive bottle but a damn good beer! (At 22 bones it better be!) the beer was accompanied by a poutine

All in all I'd say I made the best of the weekend. Now time to get my food back on track.

Comment

• Anyone else listening to the sexyback summit? sexybacksummit.com

It's a paleo event happening all week that focuses in on hormone regulation.

Comment

• I've been getting the emails but I haven't checked it out - maybe tonight if it's not too busy.

The very same thing happened to me a while back with popcorn - I was all - "once a year won't hurt" - but it did hurt when I woke up at 2 AM and had to hurl. Nasty. Cured any popcorn cravings I might have had for a long while.

Sounds like a great weekend!

Comment

• I do admit that the popcorn did taste good. Just never again! At least not until the next stupid slip up...

I hadn't puked in forever. It was an interesting experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecks View Post
                            I do admit that the popcorn did taste good. Just never again! At least not until the next stupid slip up...

I hadn't puked in forever. It was an interesting experience.
                            That happened to me with nachos. I was peacefully PB and then I had a bad day at work and my roommate took me out for nachos and margaritas and I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding and a SUPER nauseated tummy.
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• No matter what it tastes like going down, it tastes super nasty coming back up. And I had forgotten about that horrible burning sensation. I'm very glad that I rarely have to experience that particular unpleasantness.

I haven't had poutine in 10 years at least. Actually, it could be primal.

Comment

• A poutine done with sweet potato fries, home made gravy, and high quality cheese curds could definitely be done primally! Oh damn! This must be a thing! And soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X