No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Siobhan I like the cycles to a certain degree... that being said as much as I love winter I want the snow to clear and the sun to come back so I can start shedding

So I've been given the privilege of getting a direct contact email for Carnival Cruise lines so I've applied with them... so much going on as far as directions I want to go in to get myself moving forward again...

Sore as ever! I haven't really talked about my exercise routine lately but this week has been especially awesome! Tuesday was swimming. Wednesday was an amazing dodgeball game followed by 75 abmat situps at 50 pushups. Yesterday was death by airsquats and shoulder strength and today is a much needed rest day as everything hurts...

After posting about my idea of doing a no weigh april (because april is traditionally the first month of warm weather around here) I figured why just not weigh in at all for all of march too? After all it is the first of march. So I weighed in this morning- still my plateau weight of 245- then put the scale away. It'll come back on March 31st then go away again for april.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Hey Ecks,

I am new to the community and I just wanted to say, your story and posts are a major reason why I decided to join and begin to post myself. Thanks bro for your honesty. I hope to see more from you on here.
      I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

RowdyT

Comment

• I think that is a great idea (no-weigh March). And welcome, Rowdy! Ecks is a great inspiration to lots of us.
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Thank you for the welcome Siobhan. Questiom, who is your avatar waiting for?

RowdyT

Comment

• For anyone who hasn't made it over to RowdyTike's journal head over and give it a good read!

Tike- I've gotta say (and I know I said it on yours but I think the community over here will like it too) that you've got a great sense of humor and attitude! Congrats on your longest IF and your fasted workout buddy! It's a huge accomplishment!

So me thinks my internal clock is telling me something magical- winter is near it's end. I've noticed since friday that I can't stop eating when I sit down for a meal. This hasn't happened since last winter at the turn of seasons. I think it's a post hibernation refeed. I wasn't as hungry during the winter and all of a sudden I have no problems polishing off 2 meals worth of food. I just went through an entire chicken and a massive pile of carrots! Delicious but I was hoping it would last for more than one meal... Either way tummy is happy Hopefully it's a sign of the end of the snow.
            Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
            Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• I'm doing the same thing! I sit down to eat and I end up eating enough for three meals. Mostly meat! I don't feel uncomfortable or anything but I am putting away some massive protein/fat bombs. It's expensive!

My avatar is waiting for the conventional world to catch up with us, Rowdy!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Random news- Saturday I went to the school for a tour... walked out with an acceptance letter.

Comment

• Yes, winter is ending and new beginnings are just waiting to happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by ecks View Post
                    Random news- Saturday I went to the school for a tour... walked out with an acceptance letter.
                    That is GREAT news!
                    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• I'm not going to be the only person to read that like tony the tiger am I?

Thanks for the encouragement

Comment

• Time for some food postage! During lent I seem to do my best cooking on sunday's and monday's... I think it's because saturday is rest day in the week and it seems that Sunday is a good day (between morning service and my young adults service at night) to get some cook-age done... and Monday I'm drooling by 3pm. For anyone who doesn't know I had a hard time figuring out something food wise for lent. If I went classic orthodox I would be down to eating just fruit veggies for lent and that's not healthy at all and if I gave up just one thing for lent foodwise it would be an easy run for me. So I decided that 1 meal a day is all I get and if I give in and eat at breakfast or lunch that's it for the day...

Anyways! Back from the tangent. Here's my monday mid afternoon craving come to life at supper time...

Frittatta breakfast sandwich... for supper! Ham, bacon, grated cheddar, and sriracha on a fritata bun (stirfried ground pork, shallots, garlic, spinach and honey. Mixed them in with egg, coconut flour, and baking powder and baked into a bun shape using a whoopie pie pan). Egg and cauliflower salad on the side with home made mayo, celery, shallots, and tomato.
                        67380_10152593647790117_369215020_n.jpg

When I'm back to my regular eating schedule after lent these will definitely become a regular breakfast. I could have a bunch of these pre-made even as a grab and go when necessary.

Tike- I want to just give you a side note. Fasting of any sort to a certain degree leads to caloric restriction. Just wanted to note that from feb 13th (first day of lent when I started restriction for the season) til the 28th while I was still weighing in there was no shift in weight in spite of only eating 1 meal a day. Caloric restriction seems like a good idea but doesn't actually work in practice. For me though it's not about weight loss and more about reflection in my own way during lent.

Comment

• With the turning of the weather and things starting to get warmer (and the change in barometric pressure) I'm running into issues where my ankle (which I fractured when I was nine) is starting to tweak... Feels shity and kind of painful to stand on for too long... even worse is that if I sit when I go to stand on it again it locks up. :S This is one thing that I've lived with for more than half of my life and it just isn't gettin any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecks View Post
                            With the turning of the weather and things starting to get warmer (and the change in barometric pressure) I'm running into issues where my ankle (which I fractured when I was nine) is starting to tweak... Feels shity and kind of painful to stand on for too long... even worse is that if I sit when I go to stand on it again it locks up. :S This is one thing that I've lived with for more than half of my life and it just isn't gettin any better.
                            Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Thanks for the shout out ecks and steering people toward my journal.

RowdyT

Comment

• Sage answer Siobahn and you are so right!!

RowdyT

Comment

Working...
                                X