No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic to semi laugh at- I've got a fairly big chest... and by that I mean I have man boobs. They were awkward in grade 8 as I hit the 220 mark because well they perked out before sagging down and blending in with my stomach... Not funny yet? Well here's the kicker... I think as I've been going to the gym and doing my whole 30 I can feel my weight shift... but with that I'm starting to get perky man boobs again... can't hide them in my shirt like I could before... Awkward if not hilariously embarrassing! Granted for the first time ever their perkyness is a sign of improved health. Oh the cruelty of it
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• This probably TMI but I have the same effect going on. Which is weird because normally weight loss = non-perkiness. No matter how many push ups a girl does, if you're losing weight your boobs are gonna sag, at least for awhile. But not this time. Despite being an old hen, I'm perkier than ever. Weird.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Not TMI at all. If anything its fascinating that you're experiencing something that's out of the ordinary of what other women are experiencing. It seems that by losing weight in a hormonally stable way your body is rewinding back to a previous state of sexuality instead of deflating to the saggy state that most people who starve their way to health often experience. That notion of hanging skin and being gross after weight loss that I'm sure we've all been warned about doesn't seem to be the case with you. (and really isn't the case with me now that I think about it.) Call it a "perk" of paleo! ;-)
        Last edited by ecks; 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM.
        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Yeah, I had noticed and thought it was really nice but really strange that the normal lumps and bumps that I normally get when I lose weight are nowhere to be seen this time. Usually I go through a phase that is thinner but not more attractive as some problem areas actually become more prominent due to weight loss. But as you say, another paleo perk!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• The perks of this lifestyle are beyond vanity as well. God willing we will be given happier and healthier lives to live.

Catching up on me food journal

Whole30 Day7

Breakfast- 3 eggs in duck fat, half an avocado

Lunch- Leftover wings

Dinner- Chicken wings and a big ass salad (sadly I ate as I drove... salad + driving stick is much fun though!)

Exercise- Tried a trx class at the gym... it just about damn near handed me my own ass! It's sunday now and I'm still feeling it in my quads!

Supplements: The regulars

Whole30 Day8

Breakfast- Fritata with onion, mushrooms, and red peppers

Lunch/Snacking (I'm making a list as it was a cooking day with my buddy + dinner party which resulted in a lot of snacking)- Some chicken salad with homemade mayo frof sisson's sauce book, cucumber, chicken (obviously), red peppers, onion and celery, 2 apples, some olives stuffed with roasted red peppers, and some cashews

Supper- Pulled pork made with pineapple, crap ton of spices, apple cider, and apple cider vinegar eaten in romaine lettuce leafs (like a taco), cauliflower rice with green onion, sweet potato latke, and some esparagus

Exercise- Nothing formal

Supplements- Missed them

And today would be whole30 day 9. I'll do the food log once I've completed the day (likely in the morn)

Comment

• Whole30 Day9

Breakfast- 3 eggs, and guacamole

Lunch- 3 burger patties (amounting to about a half pound), big ass salad

Dinner- IF (Wasn't hungry... good sign!)

Supplements- Regular

Exercise- Rest outside of loading gear in and out of the church for Sunday night service.

Comment

• If I can count carrying firewood, then carrying gear counts too!

Great to see you doing so well. You really have the primal lifestyle down. Good friends, good support, positive activities and social interactions. Your success is well deserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                  If I can count carrying firewood, then carrying gear counts too!

Great to see you doing so well. You really have the primal lifestyle down. Good friends, good support, positive activities and social interactions. Your success is well deserved.
                  Thanks! This whole30 has been helping too even just getting back to not being so worried about what I eat all the time. The lack of weigh in is both a blessing and a curse. I'm not sure if I'm making progress but I'm not stressing either.

Sidebar- 3 eggs for breakfast this morning... All double yolked... SCORE!

Comment

• Whole30 Day10 (1/3rd of the way there!)

Breakfast- 3 double yolked eggs, Guacamole

Lunch- 3 burger patties (equaling about a half pound), 2 small apples

Supper- chicken wings in hot sauce (franks, mustard, habanero, lime, pepper and mint), big ass salad

Supplements- 3x salmon oil, 6000ui Vit D

Exercise- Swimming (516m)

No magical news to share today. I feel great this morning though!

Comment

• Ecks, looks like you are having fun with Whole30 so far I'm still trying to convince my one friend to do cooking with me on the weekends. Maybe I need to work at it a little bit more.
                      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• My view is that sagging breasts are more flexible breasts, and flexible breasts can do fun gymnastics. That's my theory, and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alessandra View Post
                          I'm still trying to convince my one friend to do cooking with me on the weekends. Maybe I need to work at it a little bit more.
                          Pretty girl like you wouldn't need to convince me to cook with you

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          My view is that sagging breasts are more flexible breasts, and flexible breasts can do fun gymnastics. That's my theory, and I'm sticking with it.
                          But perkey breasts watch where they are going

Whole30 Day11

Breakfast- 2 Eggs (both double yolked), half an avocado

Lunch- Chicken wings and 2 small apples

Supper- The best damn sirloin steaks I've ever purchased marinated in balsamic and a steak rub, baked, then seared in duck fat; Big ass salad with standard fare

Supplements- The usual

Exercise- A crap ton of walking at work.

So, on a friends suggestion I went to the newer location of a store called "Vincenzo's" you can guess by the name that it's Italian. Last time I went to this store 4 years ago it was a tiny shop with a sandwich deli in the back. Good but not great. Well this newer location was MASSIVE! To boot they had stuff that I'd sometimes go to 3 different stores for all in one spot. Why has no one brought this place up to me before?! Even better is that they have a healthy butcher with quality meats... Problem is is that you pay for that quality... and I did... but it was damn well worth it!

Comment

• Thanks!
                            Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Dodgeball was AWESOME last night! Tones of great energy and tones of laughs. I had 2 team members who were unable to make it last night for one reason or another but the league organizer played with us! We won 5 rounds between the two teams we played but ultimately fell short of actually "winning" a game. Either way it was a blast!

Whole30 Day12

Breakfast- 2 eggs (double yolked), 3 tomato slices with olive oil and salt, 3 olives

Lunch- 3 whole chicken wings, 2 small apples

Supper- Ground beef, caramelized onions, garlic, wilted spinach and mushrooms cooked in duck fat and chicken broth and topped with an egg and paprika. Big ass salad with lemon, olive oil, mustard and pepper dressing.

IMAG0227.jpg

Supplements- Regulars

Exercise- Crap ton of walking at work, Around 15 rounds of dodgeball, and 50 situps for time (3:32)

Comment

• Odd experience the last couple days... I've been eating until comfortable. Honestly after most meals I could probably eat more... But I don't. Even further is that when I get hungry I rarely feel the need to actually eat. Not that I'm withholding from eating but more that I'm hungry but don't actual feel the need to consume... It's an odd feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X