No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo! Just got back from swimming... Cut down on the structure of "lap then 70 seconds tread" and went for more of a numbers game today. 38 laps, half on my front half on my back x22m = 836m. I did tread water a bit too but only long enough to rest my arms and continue. I guess the next goal would be to get at least 28m of my swim on my front. All in good time.

Woke up late this morning so my meals were poorly prepared.

Breakfast- 2 Fried eggs over hard, Chicken garlic sausage cut up and pan grilled, 1tbsp of coconut oil

Lunch- Pork but chop, 1 cup blackberries, whole green pepper (didn't even have time to cut it up in the morn), 1tbsp coconut oil

Dinner- Liver and onions, asparagus, 3/4 cup blueberries, 1tbsp coconut oil
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

It still looks like great food (minus the nightshades for me). Do you make your own sausage?

I can't imagine you not losing weight on that food and exercise regimen.

Have a super day.

Hey, I found a place (baronfarms.com) that has bacon ends WITH NO SUGAR. Yippee! It's even in my own State of Washington.

5/21/12: Baron's contacted me. That was a mistake on one of their parts. Their bacon does have sugar!
      Last edited by lopisheep; 05-21-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

bacon

I've been wondering where the heezy everyone is getting their bacon. Sure, all bacon you buy is low-carb, but I can't really find any that has zero sugar in it. In the meantime, the apple-wood smoked kind at Trader Joes is A LOT better than anything at a conventional grocery store - that stuff is disgusting.
        Starting weight: 225
        Current weight: 195
        Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
        Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
        My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

@lipisheep I don't make my own sausage but I do have the privilege of being able to get organic drug free sausage from the market.
          @lex Try going to butchers, preferably butchers who do grassfed. They tend to have the best bacon!

Breakfast- Well I didn't have eggs. So I made scrambled meat instead. Scrambled meat! Ground beef, bacon, baby beef liver, summer sausage, green onions, mushrooms, spinach. 1TBSP coconut oil

Lunch- Leftover breakfast, 1 cup mixed berries, 1.5 cup veggies

Dinner- about 5 ounces of steak... I threw it in the oven as i showered to go out. Bit of a rushed night
          Last edited by ecks; 02-03-2012, 09:34 PM.
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

Breakfast- The left over meat scramble from previous day. 1tbsp of coconut oil

Lunch- 1 Stuffed Red pepper. (Red and green peppers stuffed with ground beef, green onions, mushrooms, spinach, olive oil, an egg and loaded up with spices.) and a bullet proof coffee (Locally roasted coffee with 1.5tbsp of coconut oil and 1.5 tbsp of butter put into the blender), 3/4 cup blueberries

Dinner- Julienne salad @ omega family restaurant. Only ate half, no cheese, raspberry vinaigrette.
            Last edited by ecks; 02-05-2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Okay, I'm awake. Made a crock pot of vegies, and I got on to check your weight. How'd you do? It sure looks like you are eating right -- well, except for the coffee with butter AND coconut oil. Coffee with cream, yep! But butter AND coconut oil. All I can say is, you sure are brave! I am impressed! Not at all implying it's bad for you. It's probably something like yak butter tea, but okay, that's exotic, and I'd try it. If I recall correctly, they put salt in it too. Yeah, I guess that would be weird too. So, how does the bulletproof coffee taste? I mean, an honest comparison with coffee and cream, or a coffee latte?

Well, I am hoping for good news for you, and if not, I know you are going to keep trying. You are going to get there, I know that. Oh, gosh, I'm going to weight and measure on the 16th. Scary times.

I'm not hungry lately. Is that weird or what? Maybe it's a sign I shouldn't eat. B.P. (before primal:-)) I was ALWAYS hungry -- even after eating. It is so novel not to be hungry sometimes -- but definitely bizarre!

Comment

Hey All! Weighin day! And I just got back from my sister's house. We measured each other figuring it would be a good idea to track our body composition.

Weighin this week 295. That's 3lbs off in a week. I'll take it! It's been a crappy month for loss so I'm more than happy with 3 in a week.

Measurements:
                Neck 17"
                Chest 52"
                Abdominal 55.5"
                Hips 52.5"
                Arms 18.5"
                Thighs 31"

New goal weight is 285 by March 4th. That's 2.5lbs per week for the short Month of Feb. Slow and steady.

Comment

Yippee! You lost three pounds. That is pounds you don't have to carry around. Dodgeball will be three pounds easier as will swimming. Three is good. You are even farther away from 300 -- which you will never see again. Three is good. One would have been sad, but three definitely works. Keep it up. Goodby 300 forever. Way to go, ecks! Getin' there for sure.

Comment

For Feb 5th

Breakfast- Bulletproof coffee

Lunch- My left over salad from Omega's, 1 stuffed pepper, 3 slices of bacon

Dinner- (Superbowl Food). Free run chicken wings in organic bbq sauce (sweetened with honey), celary and carrot sticks, Rennee's buttermilk dressing for dipping (has both canola and whey), 2 Millstreet Organic Beer's

... And New England lost...

Today!
                    Breakfast - 1 bulletproof coffee, Green onion and summer sausage omelet (with 2 eggs). I only ate half of it. and 3 slices of bacon.

Lunch- Liver and onions, 1 cup berries, 1 and a half cup green peppers, coconut oil

Dinner- Maybe steak, cauliflower, and brocoli (or maybe some asperagus?)

Getting excited about trying something out. I'm buying towing straps for my car this week and I'm thinking of using my car for my "lift heavy things" workout. Still haven't started them yet but I think towing my car would make a great workout.

***Update- Well it seems I missed my leptin window of oppertunity for dinner tonight... So I am going IF til morning. My body isn't asking for food so maybe it's a good thing I didn't have time for it. Better luck in the morn I guess!
                    Last edited by ecks; 02-06-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Three pounds off in a week - I would totally take that! Congrats. Thanks for leading the way on this leptin reset stuff. Ay, I hate considering yet another big diet alteration that I have to stick to strictly. It will take me a while before I start concentrating on 50 grams of protein at breakfast, but doing the other stuff wouldn't hurt on it's own: Waiting five hours between meals, no snacking, four hours no eating before sleep ... and probably cutting out electric device usage an hour before sleep. Sooo many new habits. BUT, I'm sure you feel the way that I do - even with my weight stalling, I'm not tempted to give up and eat crap. I do at least know I have more energy day to day.
                      Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                      My Primal Journey

Comment

@lex I'd say screw it to the 50 gram breakfast. I started there but i couldn't continue getting in 50 every day. Just get as much as you can in while listening to when your body is full.

Breakfast- 3 egg folded omlette with green onions and asperagus in the middle. 3 strips of bacon, Small steak

Lunch- Mixed green peppers, carrots, and cherry toms, steak, 1 cup blueberries

Dinner- Most of a stuffed pepper, 3 strips of bacon

Workout today: Dodgeball and I started getting a feel for towing my car around. Minimum 260 metres between pushing and pulling.

Everyone, meet tammikka... At the other end of that towing strap is me. Guess who found himself a new workout?!? Now i just need someone to steer so that I wouldn't have to stop and adjust so frequently...

Comment

Oh my God you're crazy!
                          My Primal Journey

Comment

But cool car - I've got a Mazda 3 too!
                            My Primal Journey

Comment

What I'm envisioning is you pulling the car around the streets of Ottawa. I mean, it'll make everyone's day:-)

I have a Volvo. Don't think I could pull a Volvo:-)

Comment

Originally posted by lopisheep View Post
                                I have a Volvo. Don't think I could pull a Volvo:-)
                                Bet you anything you could Just find yourself someone to steer. The parking lot I was in was nice and open but because of the imperfect ground I would find tammikka going off on a tangent. It was a lot of fun not to mention I felt so accomplished after.

Comment

Working...
                                X