No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm getting better at logging stuff again. (I Hope!)

Yesterday

Breakfast
    Coconut milkshake with 1 whole banana, cocoa, and coconut milk

Lunch
    Porkchop and 1/2 avocado

Dinnner
    Porkchop + 2 squares lindt dark

Snack (At my buddies place)
    Trailmix- Picked out almonds, sunflower seeds and raisons from the mix.

Supplements: 3000mg fish oil, 6000ui VitD3, 2x cal/mag tabs, 2tbsp mct

I don't really feel changes much anymore. I think the loss is slowing down. I'll keep doing what I'm doing though until it comes to a hault.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Loss slowing down is probably that banana! Just teasing. Hmm! Porkchops. I don't remember having a pork chop. I'll have to try that.

Still moving my mom, so I think I'll make a chicken soup to come back to:-) It's my favorite way to have carrots!

Comment

• Oh! Pam! The slider sandwiches were just 2 slider patties with ketchup, mustard and pickle in between.
        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Porkchop with a fried egg on top is one of my favorite breakfasts. Plus, you know, GREENS!

Comment

• MMmm... Sounds like you've got more time than I do in the mornings (for most mornings). I'll have to make time for that though!!

So I've been so damn busy lately that it's been hard to journal- and you guys know that. But it's also been hard to find a time to be in the kitchen... well I got the chance last night and it was SO awesome! Glad I did it! Photo under "dinner" section

Food For Yesterday

Breakfast And Lunch- 1 avocado and some pork chops

Dinner
            Sweet Potato "Pasta"- Sweet potato sliced and boiled with skin left on. Pasta sauce: Ground Beef, Ground Pork, Sausage, orange and yellow peppers, cherry tomatos, mushrooms, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, butter. All topped with fresh ground parmesan.

Dessert- 2 squares of lindt 90

Supplements- Nil, left the house quickly for work due to some... uhh... hostilities in the house

Exercise- Long barefoot walk

Comment

• It was the word "slider" that I didn't get. I just looked it up -- a small sandwich?

Your dinner looks scrumptuous. Sorry about the atmosphere in the house. Does not make things pleasant. Maybe you could get rid of a roommate and get a cat instead. Problem is, cats don't pay part of the rent!
              Last edited by lopisheep; 07-25-2012, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Oh! Slider is a slang for small burger.

Comment

• Yes, I am one of that rare breed, the stay-at-home-mother. I make breakfast for my kids every day, then lie around eating bon-bons until the Honey gets home.

Comment

• Ola! So lots of food blogging to catch up on! Hopefully I can remember it all.

Wednesday

Breakfast
                    Bowl of the sauce from my sweet potato pasta- ate it like a chili

Lunch
                    Sweet potato pasta, 1/2 avocado

Supper
                    2 Chicken thighs stuffed with spinach, sausage and guac- lightly seasoned with fresh chapoltle, salt, and pepper. Small salad on the side instead of my usual BAS.

Supplements- 6000ui of Vit D3, 3000mg of Salmon Oil, 2 cal/mag tabs, 2tbsp of MCT

Exercise- Barefoot walk in the middle of the day at work!

Thursday
                    Breakfast- Coconut milkshake

Lunch- Work potluck! Too much good food to count so instead I will list the only thing I shouldn't have eaten and that's 2 breaded honey garlic chicken wings.

Supper- IF I was way too full from lunch

Exercise- a walk, to ponder. Had a shitty evening so I needed to walk and reflect.

Supplements: same as previous day

Today

Breakfast
                    Bowl of the sweet potato pasta sauce

Lunch
                    Stuffed chicken thigh, half an avocado, 1 cup baby carrots

Supper (hasn't happened yet)- going to a bbq so lots of burger and sausage is the goal.

Supplements: Same as previous day

So I've run into a dilemma- without getting to far into it I'm hoping people may have advice for me. I found out something about a friend that I could never confirm with him- but now I don't feel like I can hang out with him anymore. I won't say what that something is but essentially I'll treat it as if I were to walk up and ask him if he killed someone. There's no good way to answer a question like that (for the record he didn't kill anyone). Now without telling him why I don't want to hang out with him anymore I have to stop hanging out with him... Ideas on how to approach?

Comment

• First: that chicken looks AMAZING!

Second: I sadly had this same situation. It was a friend I saw socially about once a month at a communal gathering, but then we started working together. When I found out what I found out, I quit. There was just no other way to distance myself. She has not been back to our gathering since (she says it is work pressures- I am just glad, whatever it is) so I have been lucky in that regard.

Since you say you can't confirm, I am assuming you are trusting news from another source. Make certain, as certain as you can if you feel you cannot ask him.

So I would look at the places/activities you usually do with this friend, and stop them, or shift them to another place/time. Example: if you always hang out at the same coffee shop, find a new coffeeshop. If asked, put the blame on something like work schedule change, I'll get back to you when I am less busy, etc. People in our society usually respect work demands above all else.

Good luck. This is a rough place to be.

Comment

• Oh Ecks, always into sticky social situations, eh? :P jk... that sounds like a tough one. I'd second pretty much everything that Sabine said. Finding out for certain is a must. And then some sort of avoidance technique should work... although I would say it depends what level of friendship you're at with this person. If it's a close friend you hang out regularly with, this will be a lot harder. As you know, honesty is usually my favourite policy- get things over quick and dirty. Although that can be tricky. If this is someone more on an occasional aquaintance level, work schedule excuses should work best.

Good luck to you.

(On a happier side note I've found a few restaurants in Peterborough that look pretty primal friendly. I don't think grass-fed, but local, organic and hormone free for sure! Let me know if you ever feel like getting away - also some gorgeous trails we could walk here!)
                        Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
                        My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
                        Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• Thanks Sabine and Jo! I'm going to take the "drift into the background" approach as this is a friend that I only see on occasion. I'm not going to confirm the accusation as there is no real way to walk up and ask but instead trust the person who told me and I hold a lot of trust in this person as it is.

Jo! I'd love to come down to your neck of the woods! I still haven't met G yet and I'd love to!

Comment

• Glad to hear it's not a good friend, that will definitely make things easier.

Just let me know when you wanna come down. I'm reading/researching for school, but that's all flexible - so whenever you're up for it, the invitation will never expire We're still on for the end of August too (I hope!!).
                            Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
                            My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
                            Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• Food journal catchup time.

Saturday
                              Breakfast- Left over meat sauce from my paleo pasta (there was maybe half a cup left)

Lunch- Sliders! 2 beef patties (Beef mixed with salsa before grilling) with spinach, banana peppers, honey mustard and aoli in between. Kale chips on the side . Ended up having an extra slider patty.

Supper- At a BBQ- 2 hamburger patties, 2 small chicken breasts, assortment of veggies (celary, yellow peppers, green peppers, red peppers etc).

Dessert- 1 Island way sorbet. Not paleo but a welcome treat. I didn't take the image below I grabbed it online but essentially it's sorbet served in fruit shells. Mine came in a coconut shell and tasted like pina colada

Sunday

Breakfast- IF

Lunch- 1 egg scrambled with 1 sausage, some mushroom, and spinach. On the side- 1 slider patty, 1 paleo chocolate chip cookie (made with walnut and pecan as the "flour" base) and a bowl of Cereal (walnuts, banana and strawberries drowned in coconut milk with a sprinke of cinnamon to finish)

Dinner- IF

Monday

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, 1 paleo cookie (again based on mark's recipe)
                              Lunch- 1 Slider patty, 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 cups mixed carrots and cherry tomatos

Supper- 1/3 Rack ribs, big ass salad,

All days I've been taking all of my regular supplements. Also walking whenever I can lately.

Comment

• Yesterday

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, 1 paleo cookie

Lunch- 1/3rd rack of ribs, 2 cups mixed orange peppers and cherry toms

Dinner- 2 slider burgs with 1 egg and 1 slice of bacon in each, guac, and banana peppers

Dessert- 1 square of lindt 90

Exercise- 3km barefoot walk

Supplements- Regulars

Today

Whole day- IF (with the exception of MCT oil)

Supplements- Regulars

Exercise- 840m Slosh-pipe walk/sprints (3x 280m laps) This number is according to google maps and implies that I walked/sprinted in a straight line... I definitely zigzagged a lot while trying to keep balance. 2km barefoot walk (including 2x 50m sprints and a short jog)

So I'm not sure if I'll IF again tomorrow... running 30 hours or so right now and don't feel the slightest bit hungry- even after my workout. I'll see how I feel in the morning. If my ghrelin yells at me to eat I will eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X