• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tricia View Post
    Hehe, I see Ecks' diary is still where the party's at
    (just dropping in to say hi! *waves*)
    *waves back* tricia! Come join the party! We have meat :P
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• So I would have done a food journal yesterday except for that I burned my hand on steam/oil. Made the foolish mistake of trying to wash a hot pan with cold water and the oil and steam flared up and burned my hand... Wanna know something weird? All of the redness, all of the puffiness, and all of the pain are gone this morning. I prayed about it before bed because I was in a lot of pain before sleeping but I slept like a rock. I figured there would be at least some dead skin/open sores whatever but nothing. It's like it never happened! Crazy!

So last night I attempted making falafel with the proper middle eastern recipe (leeks, parsley, garlic, dill, onion + chick peas) swapping the chick peas for ground walnut... it didn't work... they fell apart... I may try again though but using cauliflower mash as a binder. Lets hope for the best

Breakfast- Bacon fried hotdog cut up in scrambled eggs, coconut milkshake

Lunch- Steak, 2 cups baby carrots

Dinner- (more like eating throughout the time between 6 and 10.) 2 hotdogs with mustard, 5 failed falafel patties mixed with heavy sour cream (30% woo!!), steak

Exercise- 30 min barefoot walk with my cousin (she was just testing out new shoes and panting most of the way- very out of shape but sees me and wants to fix that for herself)

Supplements- The regulars

Today I will be fasting. We'll see how it goes I guess? Feels like my body just needs time to concentrate on my hand even though the hand doesn't hurt any more. Once I'm less sleepy and trust that my hand will no longer be a factor I will eat again. I did however take the regular supplements this morning so that I can have a bit of fuel to get the day going.
      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Originally posted by ecks View Post
        Made the foolish mistake of trying to wash a hot pan with cold water and the oil and steam flared up and burned my hand...
        I've done that before; however, mine didn't heal quite so quickly. Glad it feels better!!

Comment

• Feels great! Made it through the fast the entire day (outside of morning supplements and a coffee mid afternoon). Feeling good. Will decide tomorrow if I want to continue or not. Haven't really felt hungry since deciding to do the fast.

Comment

• Nice
            Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

Feels great! Made it through the fast the entire day (outside of morning supplements and a coffee mid afternoon). Feeling good. Will decide tomorrow if I want to continue or not. Haven't really felt hungry since deciding to do the fast.
              I haven't yet been able to make it an entire day. Today's "fast" went until 2130 hrs. I think I ate my last meal yesterday at 2330 hrs until 0000 hrs. (If I remember correctly) and I was not starving when I ate, just slightly hungry.

Comment

• Today is the same as yesterday. Fasting again. Though I'm only going til 18:00 (making it a 44 hour fast). I did however supplement the regular supplements so I did get 240 cals of pure fat in that's more than enough to sustain me for the day. Not hungry at all but decided I'll eat dinner tonight.

I also have a link to share. Be prepared for this one because it can be a tear jerker. I'm not much of a crier but I do get chills and trust me this gave me chills.

Never, Ever Give Up. Arthur's Inspirational Transformation! - YouTube

Comment

• Go Ecks! A 44 hour fast? I can't wait until I start burning the fat again to get back into IFing! I don't think I did any that were more than 20-24 hours or so, but it sure felt good when I did it! I also saw that link this morning and it totally made me cry. I sent it to a bunch of people and put it on Facebook!

Glad the hand is healed so quickly! It's funny how prayer works

Also, you gave me a great idea about the tattoo. The goal of having a great body has never ever worked for me for anything, but I have always wanted to be able to do a real handstand. The day that I can successfully do this, I'm getting the tat! I figure I will have to have a pretty nice bod by then to have the strength and balance to do the handstand. It may take a while, but I'm doing it. Yay!
                  My Story As It Unfolds

Comment

Today is the same as yesterday. Fasting again. Though I'm only going til 18:00 (making it a 44 hour fast). I did however supplement the regular supplements so I did get 240 cals of pure fat in that's more than enough to sustain me for the day. Not hungry at all but decided I'll eat dinner tonight.

I also have a link to share. Be prepared for this one because it can be a tear jerker. I'm not much of a crier but I do get chills and trust me this gave me chills.

Never, Ever Give Up. Arthur's Inspirational Transformation! - YouTube
                    Yeah, saw that recently. It definitely makes you see that anything is possible.

Comment

• Score for the 44 hour fast! That's just awesome.
                      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• Twas a glorious 45.5 hour fast (got home late from work and needed time to prep food)

Feast after the fast! 1/2 rack of curry and pepper ribs, 1 chicken breakfast sausage, Spinich wilted in butter topped with a dollop of heavy whipped cream and a big ass salad.

Made it through 3 ribs, 2 chicken sausages, most of the BAS and the spinach. Yum! The body and hand feel great so it's back to life as normal

One observation through the fast- I never really felt overly hungry. I decided not to eat and that was the end of it. I was even watching cooking shows on youtube. It feels good to be in full control. I normally am but to make it that long? Love it! Only reason why I didn't go longer is because it would have been 10pm when I started dinner and I don't like that idea. (I started the fast at 10 2 days ago but I only ate late because I was tending to my -then- scorched hand)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamilyn121 View Post
                          ...I have always wanted to be able to do a real handstand. The day that I can successfully do this, I'm getting the tat! I figure I will have to have a pretty nice bod by then to have the strength and balance to do the handstand. It may take a while, but I'm doing it. Yay!
                          I'm sure you've already got a beautiful bod. You're a hard working mom and I know that you are going to make it to your goal! Part of the key is to feel good about how you look as you go! Can't wait to see the tattoo!

Comment

• Ecks. Just wanted to say thanks. Been skimming through your journal and it's been rather encouraging seeing your progress. I just started primal last week at 340#. Can't wait till I'm six months in. Keep up the good work!
                            My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Comment

Twas a glorious 45.5 hour fast (got home late from work and needed time to prep food)

Feast after the fast! 1/2 rack of curry and pepper ribs, 1 chicken breakfast sausage, Spinich wilted in butter topped with a dollop of heavy whipped cream and a big ass salad.

Made it through 3 ribs, 2 chicken sausages, most of the BAS and the spinach. Yum! The body and hand feel great so it's back to life as normal

One observation through the fast- I never really felt overly hungry. I decided not to eat and that was the end of it. I was even watching cooking shows on youtube. It feels good to be in full control. I normally am but to make it that long? Love it! Only reason why I didn't go longer is because it would have been 10pm when I started dinner and I don't like that idea. (I started the fast at 10 2 days ago but I only ate late because I was tending to my -then- scorched hand)
                              Looks delish! (minus the sausage - not a sausage type of girl). Glad you were able to make it so easily. I wonder if I could do it.... Hmm. May have to try

Comment

• That looks like a feast fit for a king! Yum!

Comment

Working...
                                X