No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In so much pain!!! Yay dodgeball! Team's getting better but it's still hard playing strangers. The other team last night (1 man 3 balls) apparently is entering their 10th season as a team (seems crazy...) came in 2nd overall last year. Regardless, fun ensued! It was an awesome night... just sore this morning. Pretty sure I pulled a groin muscle...

Breakfast- Omelet (2 eggs, mushrooms, green peppers, cherry tomatoes), 2 slices bacon, turnip hash.

Lunch- Chicken thigh, Salad

Snacks (for throughout the day as usual)- 1/3rd cup of pecans, 1/2 cup raspberries

After work meal (planned)- 1 small chicken thigh

Ended up having guests over in the eve so all I had time for was scarfing down some beef jerky. Also made a shake- 1/2 can of coconut milk, some water, some whole milk, blackberries, banana, ice, cinnimon, coco powder

4 sections of black and greens organic before bed
    Last edited by ecks; 01-19-2012, 10:27 PM.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

Sorry it's taken so long to do today's log. (and finish up yesterdays). Work was nothing short of stressful as ever today and I just didnt have time to update.

Killer swim tonight... in spite of the mound of snow that got dumped on the city today I made it out to the swimplex. 26 laps x 22m = 572 laps. + 20 minutes treading water. Part way through the 13th lap I over extended my left elbow to the point where it hurt too much to swim... so i flipped over on my back and continued... Seemed like the right thing to do

Breakfast- Thinly sliced steak slices. 2 Eggs

Lunch- Chicken sausage, 1/2 cup of mixed green peppers and baby carrots

Snack- 1/3rd cup raw almonds, 1/2 cup blackberries

Post work: More steak slices, more chicken sausage

Pre swim snack- Some baby carrots

Post swim- Slice of Meatloaf Pizza (photo to follow soon)
      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

Have you given FitDay.com a try yet (it's free)?

You plug in what you're eating and it shows you a close approximation of how many calories you're eating, and the grams of fat, protein and carbs. It's pretty cool and I was surprised to find out I'm eating less than 2,000 calories a day most days - without even really thinking about it.

Comment

I'm staying away from measuring anything... I eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm full. Part of going primal is taking the science out of eating. I should clarify though that the 333 was starting on Nov 22nd. (It's when I started my journey). I'll update my sig now to reduce confusion.

Comment

Still awesome. It took me 18 months to lose 120lbs. For me losing it slow was the only way to go - and keep it off.

I hear ya about taking the science out of eating. I didn't use FitDay until this year. I have a very good friend, who is obese, ask me how many calories I eat a day. I honestly didn't know, as I never kept track.

Like you, I eat Primal until I'm no longer hungry - then stop. Over time, the amounts have gotten less and less. Someone told me about FitDay and I used it a few times just to see how much I am eating. Like I said, I was surprised that it was less than 2000 calories, but also pleased to see that my carb intake is always under 100 grams. I probably use it once a week now on the odd occasion.
            Last edited by GoPrimalPast50; 01-20-2012, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I'll have to check it out then. Just as a once a week thing as well. I'm pretty sure I'm eating just around 200. I've found that I usually don't finish lunch and often find that dinner is just whatever I didn't eat for lunch. Counting takes me back to my OCD weight watchers days... what a waste of time that was.

I'm good for sugars. Except for milk, I love my milk (bout a litre a week of whole organic milk. 3.8%ish). Other than that my sugar comes from veggies and berries.

Your Before and after shots look outstanding. And I bet you feel amazing!

Comment

Heartbreaker... This week was a plateau week... Same number different sunday. 299. I knew it was a stressful week at work (and I don't stress out often) so I was putting in the extra 10 percent on the exercise front. Besides eating some dairy this week I didn't eat anything else non primal- Even getting to the point where if there were no primal options around I just didn't eat. (saturdays are always the worse for that).

Oh well! Guess I'll have to work harder this week. At least it didn't climb back into the 300's so I can be thankful for that. Now! off to go make breakfast.

***Update

Food post time!... So I didn't make breakfast after this post. Ended up going to the earlier church service.

Late Breakfast/Lunch- I cheated... And I'll be honest about it so that I can stay accountable. I got restaurant wings and a salad... it wasn't even a good salad it was made with iceberg lettuce.

Snack- the leftovers from the late breakfast/lunch

Dinner- Veggie stuffed pork loin with a side of green peppers and baby carrots

Dessert- 2 squares of lindt 90%
                Last edited by ecks; 01-22-2012, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Breakfast- 2 eggs 3 bacon

Lunch and dinnner- veggie stuffed porkloin.

Tired as sin today. started work at 6:30 am and finished at 4:30. I've gotta get my head back to sleep early if I'm going to be successful.

Oh and work was much better today. Less stressful. I work for BlackBerry so I'm assuming most heard about the fortunate change today!

Dodgeball is canceled tomorrow so I must create a WOD to fill it in. I'm thinking death by airsquat

Comment

Ecks,

Congratulations on your primal progress, you're doing awesome!

I came across your journal by chance read the whole thing when I saw where you're from. I grew up in the K-W area and I got nostalgic for home. I do miss it.

You food is fantastic, too, and I'm always on the search for kitchen inspiration so keep it up.

Comment

The stress thing is unavoidable! I mean, it can be mitigated, but not completely avoided. Give yourself credit for not going off track. It's taken me a while to actually be proud of something that simple. In the past, I used stress to break all the rules but now if I just stay fairly behaved, I'm proud of myself. Besides, exercising can make you put on a little weight because of a)water-retaining inflammation or b)putting on muscle weight. And - I always feel like I need to plug this idea - if you really start struggling with cravings or losing more weight, stop eating dairy. That was one of my early primal/paleo realizations. I tried eating primal with dairy, but it just spikes your insulin so much that it's much harder to improve insulin sensitivity with it. Eating right ironically got A LOT easier for me when I took out dairy.
                      Starting weight: 225
                      Current weight: 195
                      Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                      Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                      My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

Thanks for the extra tips lex. I figured that the dairy itself may be a part of my plateau last week as I had gone through about a litre of whole milk last week as well as a small brick of goat cheese. I made sure not to stock up on either this week but I have a feeling that this week is going to be a steady week too. Need to get the energy and passion back into my cooking. Plan on doing a goat curry tomorrow to get me in the mood for some real cooking again.

Been getting lazy with cooking. I'm sure you've noticed some of my food blogging has been a lot of repeat meals. I think that may be playing a factor too. I'm starting to dig into that paleo blog that you had posted as there seems to be some great ideas for food listed there!

Comment

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, 4 slices of bacon, 1 latke

Lunch- Veggie stuffed pork (finally done it all!)

Dinner- Jerk chicken thigh, High Fat High Antioxidant no milk shake (coconut milk, 2 handfulls blueberries, 2 handfulls raspberries, 2 tbsp baking coco, cinnimon, banana, water so that it would blend)

Post dinner- 2 lindt 90% chocolate squares.

Dodgeball canceled this week so it was replaced with 100 airsquats for time. (6:50)

Mug of green tea before bed.

Comment

Green tea (caffeine) before bed? Tha's crazy!
                            Starting weight: 225
                            Current weight: 195
                            Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                            Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                            My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

Eh, I've been waking up the last few weeks almost every morning with drool on my face. I get a nice deep sleep! (I reduce as much artificial light as possible in the evening. If I watch TV or use my laptop I do so by candle light. It's not a full screening of blue light but it's pretty darn close!

Comment

So I did the 100 air squats for time 2 days ago but it hurts more today than it did yesterday... I really hope it doesn't effect swimming but I'm having a hard time with bending right now. Going upstairs is ok, going downstairs is painful, getting into my car hurts, getting out is not as bad...

Food Blog! (Sorry I missed yesterday so I'm putting it in today)

Breakfast- Bacon, Omelet with green onions, green peppers, and cherry tomatoes

Lunch- Small chicken breast, Steak, salad

snack- mixed blueberries and raspberries

Dinner- Didn't finish my lunch so I added onto it. Rest of my lunch steak + an extra portion, added to my lunch salad to make a big salad again at dinner

So went out for a drink last night with a friend. Didn't want alcohol so I ordered a tonic water (thinking it was the same thing as like perier or something...) Anyways the bartender pours it and I drank it thinking it wasn't anything. Well the tender came by the table to see if we wanted another drink. I said yes, he comes back with a can so I can just reuse the glass I already have... Now I had noticed that the tonic water had a bit of sweetness but i thought that was just from the lemon flavouring... I look at the can- It' just as bad as a coke... I've been soo good this week. Needless to say I didn't drink the second.

Mistakes happen... gotta get back on the bike though and just keep goin... kind of pissed about that though.

Today!

Breakfast- Bacon

Lunch (Packed but not eaten yet)- Slow cooker curried goat, 1 cup green peppers, 1/2 cup baby carrots

Snack (Packed but not eaten yet)- mixed blueberries and raspberries, 1/2

Dinner (hopefully)- Cauliflower rice, asparagus, Salad, curried goat.

***Update

So after swimming I didn't want to eat too much too late so in had a slice of summer sausage and half a green pepper. 2 squares of lindt 90% after and Green Tea before bed.

Swimming!- 484m 26 minutes treading. Considering how much I've been having a hard time gettin around the past couple days i'd say that's not too bad.
                                Last edited by ecks; 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X