No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to call this experiment a success. Finished eating dinner at around 6-630ish last night (I know that's not too early) then proceeded to leave for friday night bible study. When I got home around 10:30 it felt like the night was still young... I wanted to do more. My brain kept telling me to find someone to grab a bite with. That's pretty much when I noticed that i was getting hungry. In line with wanting to experiment with this I decided to stay up an extra hour just to make sure that I was, indeed, hungry then proceeded to go to bed at 11:45ish.

Well I just woke up- happy as I could be and feeling extremely well rested! Again I'm usually a well rested guy but damn I feel even better than I normally do! It's saturday morning and I've been up since 715 on my own accord! I'm calling this one a WIN!

Yesterday

B: Big slice of ham with mustard, 2000mg of salmon oil, 6000ui of D3

Lunch- Half rack ribs, 2 cups mixed celery cherry tomatos and baby carrots

Dinner- Half rack of ribs, 6 wings, 2 pieces of nesle noir, 1 piece lindt 90
    Last edited by ecks; 04-21-2012, 07:04 AM.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Ecks - I'm just stopping by, perusing journals this morning. I just wanted to say Good Job being mindful last night! Sometimes it is so hard when we think our bodies are telling us something, but that something goes against our ultimate goals. You honored your goals and did it. Hope you have a great Saturday!
      5'10" HW 264 (9/15/2011) PSW 238 (4/9/2012) CW 231 GW 165

Comment

• ecks...yay on the good results on your experiment!! I usually don't eat anything after supper...which we are usually done by 6:30. I'm just not hungry in the evening. I usually go to bed about 11:30 to midnight (spending time here on the boards!!) but I can sleep late in the morning & get up around 8. I may eat a couple of nuts now that I think about it....but generally nothing & especially not anything after 8. It works for me!!

go you on sticking to your goals!!!
        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• My Saturday was an odd one. Well not odd but just lethargic... I did get some clothing shopping in. I still hate clothing shopping because it still feels like nothing fits properly. I did however buy a pair of pants that were a size 42 (which is down from a 46 when I started). They are a hair snug but they look good on me. Other than that it was kind of a crappy experience. Hoping for better next time.

Saturday Food

B/L: 2 eggs, 5 slices of bacon, Turnip home fries, handful of pork rinds, 1 piece of lindt 90, regular supplements

D: 1 pack of beef jerkey (butcher made not vac pac), a big ass salad, 3 strawberries, 1 piece of lindt 90, 1 piece of nesle noir 85
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• I feel for you with the clothes shopping. And the discouraging part is, my thin friends don't seem to enjoy it, either. Seems like just finding the right stuff for your shape is hard.

Comment

• Odd food day... lots of eating within a short period of time

It's going in list form today. Note that I just finished eating for the day and it's 5:18pm. Starting eating at around 1pm.

Foodlist

3000mg fish oil (1 extra tab than normal)
              6000ui D3
              Medium sized bowl of pork rinds
              15 Strawberries
              1 Package (probably about 20) muscles in garlic butter (Package including the shells is 1 lb)
              2 Pieces of spicy pork rind fried chicken
              Big but not huge salad with the regular Almond butter, olive oil, mustard and balsamic vinegar dressing
              1 piece lindt 90
              1 piece nesle noir 85

Planning on having a tea at most after church tonight

And for your viewing pleasure... Pork rind fried chicken!

Comment

• you guys & your clothes shopping!! I'm loving it!! Even tho I'm not buying much now (hate to 'waste' the money) it is so fun to wander thru the misses dept & NOT the fat lady dept!!!! There are a few XL's that I can get into...I bought a petite XL top last week that is just a hair to snug, but I'll get into soon enough. Last night after supper honey wanted to go to Academy so while he was looking around at his things I wandered around the misses dept. I was admiring all the cute cute stuff that I will eventually be able to get into...like maybe the smalls or mediums! And I looked at the jeans! Oh I can't wait till I can get into a small size pair of Wrangler's!!! What a day that will be!!! lol

Congrats on buying a smaller pair of pants ecks...that's terrific!! We are all just rockin' it right now!!!

Comment

• Awe! Hugs for the shopping experience That chicken looks YUMMY!
                  Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• I can relate to the shopping feeling, used to feel the same for me. But now I'm almost at my goal weight it gets easier, and I have found one clothes shop in my town where just about everything fits ànd looks great on me! So now I just go there .
                    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• PC and CiW sounds like you guys are doing well too!

Wanted to post a documentary I watched yesterday. "Why are thin people not fat?". It was quite good!

Fat Head » Why Thin People Aren’t Fat

Comment

• Sorry, I couldn't watch the first one, I loathe close ups of mouths and nasal orifices etc. It was stomach churning to me. Are all the films like this or do they quit it and get real?
                        Odille
                        F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                        following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

• Thanks for the link! I shall watch tomorrow. And congrats on new clothes!
                          Starting weight: 225
                          Current weight: 195
                          Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                          Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                          My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• And thus my experiment win's again.... and by it winning I mean I lose. This week my schedule has me finishing at 6 (possibly finishing at 9 tonight). So yesterday after work I went to do some errands then went home. I didn't actually get around to starting to eat dinner til about 8:30 and finished eating at around 9ish. Well the long day being what it was I was passing out at 10:30 (I usually sleep at 11:30 and I'm usually wide awake when I hit the pillow and pass out anyway within 5 minutes of doing so).

My sleep? Awful thanks for asking! Up multiple times in the night. Woke at 4:15ish and tossed for 40 minutes before sleeping again... All around garbage. The solution? If it gets to that late I'm just going to skip dinner. (guess tonight may be the first night doing so unless I can get some extra time to grab dinner from home).

Breakfast- 2 xl eggs, 3 slices of bacon, 1 chicken drum, regular supplements

Lunch- 2 chicken drums, 1 whole hot house tomato (one of the biggest tomatos I've ever seen!)

Snack- 1 pack of jack link's beef jerky

Dinner- 1 chicken drum, some pork loin, big ass salad, 1 piece lindt 90, 1 piece nestle 85

Day's been ass so far... Not even just for me but my team is getting hit hard too at work (too many breaks, not enough hands to fix)

Comment

• Originally posted by lopisheep
                              It is absolutely amazing how we can do the same (give me a euphemism for stupid as I certainly would never call any of us that) "thing that doesn't work" over and over again.
                              know what the definition of insanity is??? Doing the same thing over & over expecting a different result! LOLOL

Comment

• Figured you'd notice that!:-):-):-)

Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                                know what the definition of insanity is??? Doing the same thing over & over expecting a different result! LOLOL

Comment

Working...
                                X