No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, got it! Murphy's Law will now go into effect immediately and you will suddenly find yourself with very spiritual friends at the new church who meet all your expectations and then some:-) One thing in life that can be counted on is Murphy's Law!

Originally posted by ecks View Post
    I had a rough split from my old church but was longing for somewhere where I could get some spiritual filling. I'd rather not make friends then create relationships with higher expectations then result. It's something I've gotta work through

Comment

• I sort of did the same thing with the church I'm out now. I started going there because I didn't know anyone, so I wouldn't get pulled into any group before I was ready. I was kind of burnt out from my previous church and feeling a bit empty. So, I went to fill my soul with what I needed first. Then I decided to join a small group study so I could learn more. It was nice getting lost in the crowd for a while so I could have some peace during service. Alot has changed since then, but I think it did quite a bit of good.
      Originally posted by lopisheep View Post
      Somehow, going to a new church / synagogue / mosque with the mindset of not making friends seems odd to me. The audio part is clear.
      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• This one seems to be doing me quite well. I've been enjoying the morning service solo for the past 3 and a half months. Now that I'm helping with the audio for the young adults service I will now be running into the audio tech at the back of the morning service room on the way in and out most sundays (or so I anticipate).

Yesterday

Breakfast- IF

Lunch- Chicken thigh, baby carrots, fummus, strawberries

Dinner- I call it... The Hamburger! Genius name for a burger and ham all in the same place right? And a bowl of pork rinds on the side.

Hamburger.jpg

Dessert- 4 squares of Nestle Noir Sublime 85% chocolate
        SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
        Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
        Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Ooooh! I like your ham-burger, very much, indeed.

Comment

• That is sooooomme ham-burger! Wow!

Comment

• Yumm. I'm drooling over your ham-burger and I haven't even had any breakfast yet!!
              My Story As It Unfolds

Comment

• Originally posted by ecks View Post
                ........................So huge praise report- I went out in pubic with a 2x shirt on today. And it actually looked good on me! I'll probably stick to my 4x's for the most part over the next 2 weeks but that's another step in the right direction for me.
                Bet that was a great feeling! I've been snooping around your journal and think you're delightful!
                Best wishes for your health journey!

Comment

• So tonight was my last night playing dodgeball with underdodge... good group of ladies and gents to play with. Gotta find the next big thing to fill tuesday night excercise with now. All in all though I was quite happy with playing. Lookin forward to getting back into it in the fall!

Breakfast- coconut milkshake and 1 burger patty

Lunch- 2 burger patties, 1 cup mixed veggies

Dinner- Small piece of ham, Small chicken thigh, 3 ribs, massive salad, regular supplements.

Got really hungry after dodgeball but I'm waiting it out til morning.
                  Last edited by ecks; 04-18-2012, 05:28 AM.
                  Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                  Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Noticed something when I woke up this morning... I slept much better than usual (not that im a bad sleeper). It's become apparent that when I go to bed hungry I sleep much better. I may try eating earlier than regular dinner time and experiment with this.

P.s. Hurt my finger playing dodgy last night and it is a bitch to type with my pointer and middle finger taped together!

Comment

• So after all of my talk about going to bed on empty stomach I definitely didn't do that yesterday. I was all set to but then a buddy came over last night. When he asked for something to drink I offered him one of my morning shakes and he responded with "only if you're having one". So 9:45 last night I had a shake... Damn... oh well. I slept...averagely? And I guess I'm feelin good today. But I really wanted to experiment with going to bed hungry. yesterday in general was a weird day for food

Breakfast - Coconut milk shake, chunk of ham with mustard

Lunch - pork chop, 2 cups veggies

Snack- Chunck of ham with mustard, 1 rib, small bowl of pork rinds

Dinner- 8 wings, big salad, 2 squares nestle noir 85%, 1 square lindt 90%, 2000mg salmon oil, 6000UI of D3

Snack- Coconut milk shake

Exercise- 50 sit ups, 30 push-ups

Comment

• How's your finger today? I've tried my hardest to make sure not to eat close to bedtime. It keeps the hunger at bay in the mornings. Most of the time, I'm successful. Other times, not so much.
                        Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Finger is getting better. I can still feel some pressure points but it's roaming free today to type and go about my work n whatnot.

Tonight was an interesting night. I teched the farewell party for David Yach who many of you may have seen in the news recently retired from the CTO position at RIM. It was a cool experience to be there and to just see the people who love him surrounding him in wishing him in all the best. Well... when it comes parties what comes to mind? Food! Damn near hardest party of my life! People coming by with trays covered in delicious bite sized delicious awesomeness! all the drinks I wanted too covered on the hosts tab... And I didn't touch a single thing! It wasn't difficult either.

Breakfast- IF (guess that came natural after my late night shake last night). Reguar supplements though

Lunch- 2 ribs, 1 porkchop, 1 tomato eaten like an apple

Dinner- 1/2 rack ribs, 4 wings, 4 celery stocks, 2 pieces of nestle noir 85%

So I finished dinner bright and ear.y at around 4:30pm giving me tons of time between then and sleep time. here I am at almost 11:30 and I'm going to bed hungry. Hopefully this test of better sleep on an empty stomach pans out.

Night all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolie29
                            Looking to make some changes that'll work this year!
                            Well feel free to join us!! Always happy to meet someone new who wants to make new strides to improve their quality of living

Comment

• Oh, well, I try to give myself a break on peer pressure sometimes as long as it's not a constant thing. I've been lax on the evening eating cutoff, though. I think changing my diet around has made me less structured but it's time to tighten it up and make 8 pm the definite cutoff.
                              Starting weight: 225
                              Current weight: 195
                              Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                              Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                              My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• I really am noticing a difference when sleeping on an empty stomach. The cutoff has been really good. Though I admit yesterday was early but by the time I got off work it would have been super late and I was not going to eat at the CTO party.

Slept like a rock last night. Definitely more functionable during the day too. I think i want to make a point of early cutoff as the norm (though not going to beat myself up if twice a week I have a late night something or other)

Comment

Working...
                                X