No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glad you're back ecks & you had a great time with your buddies!! Sounds like all in all you did pretty darn good with your eating!

Now have a great Easter weekend!! I'm sure we're all gonna be in & out! I know I will.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Glad that after we discussed social lives on here you had two great days with friends + some awesome-sounding food. I'll bet the Good Friday fast won't be that hard!
      Starting weight: 225
      Current weight: 195
      Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
      Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
      My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Friends, fun, and feasting! Sounds primal to me. Glad you had such a good time. Now for a restful one to cap off!

Comment

• Your week makes me happy. It was so what you needed and wanted. Funny thing. Reading it all started making me really hungry and by the end I actually felt full.

Think I should see "A Few Good Men" again. Have a great weekend. Water is good with fasting, especially after not going into it easy:-):-):-)

Love to you and Happy Easter!

Comment

• I hope you've had a blessed Good Friday!
            Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Hola! I'm back from my no food, no internet, no BlackBerry, fast... Why do they call it fasting when it goes by so slow?? I love that I can use that joke with you guys!

Know what the hardest part about fasting was? No internet and no BlackBerry. The food stuff got a little difficult having the day off (and not too much to do). All in all it was a good day. About 30 hours no cell phone/internet and 36 hours no food. I know I was going to try for a saturday fast as well but my sis was just getting off of night shift and wanted to grab a bite so I went for it. Either way it's been a good weekend so far and the sun actually coming out has been quite nice! Got in a 2.5KM walk yesterday barefooted and enjoyed the almost warm weather!

Hope you ladies are doing well! I'll be posting my food for the day before bed tonight so I'll be back on to check your journals then! Happy easter!
              SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
              Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
              Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
              Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Oh! I almost forgot... I had the biggest complement a big dude could have... A friend of mine didn't recognise me today. Granted I haven't seen her in 6 months but I went into her work today to drop off a package (she works at UPS) and I tried to strike up conversation with her while she was processing and I couldn't figure out why she seemed so distant (we talk all the time online but just haven't made the time to hang in a while). Finally as I was leaving the store it clicked to her and she called me back in to chat... Awesomeness!
                Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• *high five* That must have been so funny.

Friday might have been a hard day to find distractions, but at least you got to take a break to think about what you could do when not online, a cell phone or thinking about a particular menu. It's good to think about that every once in a while.
                  Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                  My Primal Journey

Comment

• Way to go on your fast. Oh, I think no internet or phone would be hard for me too! How as your Good Friday? That's pretty cool that happened with your friend
                    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Awesome compliment, your friend not recognizing you . Love your fasting joke .
                      My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                      My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                      Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                      Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• I should also mention I had longer hair the last time I saw her. That may have done it though she's seen me with short before...

So I figure instead of listing everything I ate the last 2 days I should just list the things I shouldn't have eaten...

7 Cadbury mini eggs (the little candy coated eggs).

2 Pieces of Phylo Meat Roll (Doesn't have a name in english and damn if I can figure out how to spell it in arabic. It's ground beef rolled in turkey broth basted phylo, wrapped in foil and baked.) I wasn't going to eat any and I was close to getting away with it but because it was the only thing my mom had made for Easter (I brought the steaks, salad, and coconut milk home made Ice cream. Amanda brought the turkey) and she has memories of me and my sis scarfing these down (used to be a fam fave) she actually singled me out for not eating any and I felt bad and ended up eating one. Then breakfast the next morn I ended up grabbing 1 more. (there's usually 10 or so in a roll once you cut it up).

1 Piece of apple dipped in chocolate sauce. I thought about it after i had bit it but it was too late... wasn't going to spit food out in front of my extended family.

Gravy at various parts in the night with extended fam.

Bit of gravy in my sunday morning breakfast sandwich (took leftover steak- filleted (sp?) it and put leftover turkey, gravy, and some cucumber to make a "leftovers" steak sandwich!)

All in all easter was quite good. Both good friday and easter sunday I got up early to go to my church then sped across town to make it to church with my fam at their church. I don't really like their church so I had to get mine in... and well tradition has it that the family goes to church together on holidays.

Hope everyone was blessed this easter weekend!

Comment

• OH, MAN --

I can pass on the Cadbury's, apples in chocolate, and gravy, but if you're talking about fatayer, you'd be crazy not to have some. Is that the one sometimes made with ground lamb and pine nuts and onions and oil, and, oh my goodness, that stuff is incredible. Does your mom make her own phyllo dough? Ah, jeez. I'd become non-primal for that. The ones with spinach are so good too -- if that's what you're talking about. Does she brush them with ghee. Dang, I'm getting hungry. OK. You once said you'd delight in making any recipe primal. How about fatayer -- again if that's what you're talking about!

Wow, I guess I'll have breakfast this a.m. Wonder if I could get our Middle Eastern Cafe to open at 8:00 for breakfast. Probably not.

Originally posted by ecks View Post
                          I should also mention I had longer hair the last time I saw her. That may have done it though she's seen me with short before...

So I figure instead of listing everything I ate the last 2 days I should just list the things I shouldn't have eaten...

7 Cadbury mini eggs (the little candy coated eggs).

2 Pieces of Phylo Meat Roll (Doesn't have a name in english and damn if I can figure out how to spell it in arabic. It's ground beef rolled in turkey broth basted phylo, wrapped in foil and baked.) I wasn't going to eat any and I was close to getting away with it but because it was the only thing my mom had made for Easter (I brought the steaks, salad, and coconut milk home made Ice cream. Amanda brought the turkey) and she has memories of me and my sis scarfing these down (used to be a fam fave) she actually singled me out for not eating any and I felt bad and ended up eating one. Then breakfast the next morn I ended up grabbing 1 more. (there's usually 10 or so in a roll once you cut it up).

1 Piece of apple dipped in chocolate sauce. I thought about it after i had bit it but it was too late... wasn't going to spit food out in front of my extended family.

Gravy at various parts in the night with extended fam.

Bit of gravy in my sunday morning breakfast sandwich (took leftover steak- filleted (sp?) it and put leftover turkey, gravy, and some cucumber to make a "leftovers" steak sandwich!)

All in all easter was quite good. Both good friday and easter sunday I got up early to go to my church then sped across town to make it to church with my fam at their church. I don't really like their church so I had to get mine in... and well tradition has it that the family goes to church together on holidays.

Hope everyone was blessed this easter weekend!

Comment

• Not fatayer... But similar... I couldn't even find it online because I don't know how to spell it but I'll type out the instructions for makign it as long as you don't kill me!

You'll need phylo sheets, cooked and spiced ground beef, and turkey or chicken broth

On a clean cooking surface lay down 5 phylo sheets together, 2) brush with a heavy amount of broth (almost soaked but not to the point where it will rip when you go to roll it.), and 3) add a layer of ground beef. Add 2 sheets of phylo on top and repeat steps 2 and 3 for another 1-2 layers. Once you are done, start at one length of the phylo and roll in a spiral until you get to the other end. Wrap in tin foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes or so. You'll want to put it (in the foil) on a cookie sheet to bake it and pour water onto the pan itself ever 15-20 mins (make sure there is always water on the pan. At the end of the 45 minutes, open the foil and bake for another 15 minutes with the top exposed to the oven elements. Cut up in to 2 inch pieces and serve!

Below is the closest image I could find online to what the end product will look like. Just pretend that whatever is in that is replaced with ground beef

Comment

• Oh, evilness! Yeah, I'm a phyllo lover too. Oh man, my recipe for spanakopita is one of my favorite foods everrrr. ANYWAY, I think I just enjoyed whatever I wanted on Easter because it's a holiday. They're rare, and this is the last major holiday for a long time. There really aren't any major, food-loving holidays coming up until Memorial Day Weekend in May and that's pretty far off. Glad you had a great Easter.
                              My Primal Journey

Comment

• Whoever said "It's like riding a bike" in reference to something easy to pick up should watch the video of me getting sacked by my own seat while trying to learn today... It'll go up as soon as I get it off of my friend's phone.

P.s. I bought a bike today to learn how to ride and now am sitting in pain... Will be picking up again ASAP and going back out!

Comment

Working...
                                X