No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you really have five Tylenol? I'm surprised you're even functioning. That stuff is evil, man. Glad to see you puked it out. Hope tonight finds you all well and ready for a good night's sleep and some swimming and dodgeball.

Comment

• Hey all! Sorry for taking so freakin long to respond today. No, I didn't end up sleeping. I fell asleep at around 8:30. I take that as a sign that my body wasn't done healing up. Slept like a boss though, woke this mornin feelin like I was back to normal! Work's was busy today, I can't talk about it because a lot of it circles around our earnings call yesterday but regardless it made it an interesting day!

Today was also a very meat heavy day for my diet... even moreso than the usual

Breakfast- Chicken thigh and coconut milkshake. Forgot my D3 and Salmon oil pills

Lunch- Chicken thigh, chicken wings, 2 cups veggies

Snack- 1/2 chicken thigh, 3 wings, 1 piece of camino 55% cacoa caramel snap chocolate, 1 piece of camino 55% espresso chocolate.

Dinner- MASSIVE steak attack!

Dessert- 1 piece lindt 90%

Got the bible study group together tonight for a break from the usual- instead we did a barbecue and just hung out. Kind of needed to happen I think because a lot of the guys have been losing focus and not really coming as much. A nigh of fellowship was definitely in order!
      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• I like fellowship nights with Bible Study
        Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Hey Ecks saw where you said you liked 'Castle" and came to tell you that is my favorite show!! LOve me some Rick Castle!!

Comment

• Yes, I'd definitely say the fellowship is the first part. When I taught in public schools, it was the same. I always felt the main thing was to make a classrom where students felt happy and wanted and unthreatened and then, and only then, start teaching. How are you guys going through the Bible?

Comment

• @longing2bfit
              Love me some castle! Been an amazing 3 seasons so far! And Fillion is a genius of an actor! There's also rumour of him playing Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie (Movie based on the game I'm playing through right now)

@pam
              We've been going through the events in matthew leading up to the crucifixion as it seemed like a well suited place to be as lent comes to a close.

So today! The day that the week was supposed to be hard worked towards. Well It was an interesting week with me being sick and definitely not getting in some of the right food or exercises. The goal for this week was to maintain my weight because I knew today would be a day of delicious indulgence. So lets get started.

Breakfast- 1/2 chicken thigh (figured I should start with protein before heading to the maple syrup festival)

Sporadically throughout the day- 2 pancakes with maple syrup and butter, 3/4 pack of beef jerky, 2 maple taffy sticks (greatest thing in the world!), Shared a turkey leg with my sister and niece

mmm... fresh taffee on a stick...

Turkey Turkey Turkey!

Dinner- Steak, 2 eggs, 3 slices of bacon, 2 pickles, 2x square camino 55% dark chocolate, 1x square lindt 90% dark chocolate, home made iced green tea, morning supplements that I forgot about (2x salmon oil, 6000ui of D3).

Figured I'd try to keep things has high protein today as possible while enjoying the maple syrup festival so that my body doesn't get confused as to which fire to burn. Hope it worked.
              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• One of my sons is Matthew; the other Luke; my brother is John; and I had a cousin named Mark.

I ordered "Castle" on Netflix!

I don't know if you're into foreign films. I saw "Tulpan" today. It's in Kazakh. I recommend it:-)

Hey, are you going to join the destress group for April? I hope so.

Wow! I used to live in Vermont and New Hampshire. Your festival sounds so yummy! I like maple sugar (100%).

Comment

• ecks is in!!! I just added him!!! yay!!!

sounds like you did great at the festival & glad you had a great time!! I loved your pics!! thanks for sharing!!
                  Last edited by theprimalcajun; 03-31-2012, 07:38 PM.
                  Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Ooo - I have to try maple taffy like that sometime. Glad you had fun today!
                    Starting weight: 225
                    Current weight: 195
                    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Now, that's the way to have turkey! Your picture made me want to run out to the State Fair, for a turkey leg of my own. Six months to wait. Your maple treats seemed very moderate. Did you restrain yourself, or was that all you wanted/needed?

Comment

• I'm kind of going for the pancakes. I'm not a big pancake person, but 100% maple syrup. Ah, yes!

Glad you joined the destress group. I bet the maple sugar day didn't bother you at all. Think of all the minerals in maple syrup. I understand B grade has the most minerals.

Happy April. It'll be a good month.

Comment

• Oooooooooooooohhhhhh, there's just nothing quite like real maple syrup.
                          Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• That's how I feel about gourmet honies, ecks. I have fennel & orange blossom ones in the pantry for occasional indulgences.
                            Odille
                            F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                            following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

• So today was a weird day for me... Partially because I had my first outright gain since starting this journey. it was only a pound so not a huge deal and I kind of saw it coming between getting sick earlier in the week and the maple syrup festival but it was still weird.

Been struggling with something lately and since it is the month of no stress I figured it would be a good time to share. After high school I held on to a good close group of friends- these were my buddies, my pals, my homeboys... you know... the guys. Well over the past 2 years or so everyone's kind of gone their own way as far as geography. We still all talk and we hang as a group maybe twice a year but I've been struggling with the idea of where/how to start new bonds. It's one thing to do it online in a setting like this and I love all of you so much but sometimes you just need people to relax with, grab a bite or play video games or whatever. Just something I felt I outta share given the theme for this month.

On a similar subject I think God has been listening to these issues. Today, I ran into a childhood and lifelong friend at church. We seem to run into each other sporadically and it's just nice seeing a familiar face. Last time I saw this buddy was maybe a year and a half - 2 years ago? And the last time I had that much fun with a friend was around Christmas. It's the little things in life that remind us that god is listening to our hurts.

One thing I'm doing to keep with being stress free is I'm getting rid of the scale for the month. No weekly weigh in. Partially to reduce the stresses of having to weigh in but also as a motivator to keep myself ahead of the scale.

Food
                              Breakfast- IF

Lunch- out with my sis for wings and salad. 2 squares of camino 55%

Supper- leftover salad. 1 square of lindt 99%

Cheers to a happy, healthy, and stress managed april!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                                Your maple treats seemed very moderate. Did you restrain yourself, or was that all you wanted/needed?
                                If anything it's more than what I needed. Bit of a sugar overload by the end of the festival and by 4pm I had crashed.

Comment

Working...
                                X