No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stomach is different. It's tripe and used for menudo (which is non-primal, Mexican, posole, chile, fantastic weekend food). Shouldn't talk about menudo:-) Tripe is whitish. Sweetbreads looked kind of like brains to me tonight. They were good -- different -- rich.

Maybe I should try to set up a whole month goal and make it simpler. I can overwhem myself quite quickly as my brain finds it funny to set more goals than humanly possible and then laugh at me when it's too much. One goal or two or three for one whole month. Hey! I just might try that!

Originally posted by ecks View Post
    I've had stomach before if that falls under "sweetbreads". Honestly had to look it up because I'm not familiar with the term. I haven't fully set April's goals yet. I usually set the weight goal on the first Sunday of the month along with measurements. That way I work consistently on a 4 week basis that feels more organized. Next sunday is the big measure/goal setting day but I do like that I have an achievable and yet distinctly significant set of goals laid for the rest of the year though!

Comment

• when I was in sales many moons ago, we were taught that our goals were not written in stone. You write them in pencil so you can adjust them. Goals are just something to strive for...they are not iron clad commitments. They should be attainable...with a stretch...& should be realistic. Sure I'd like to lose 20 pounds next month, but that's not reasonable & would only set me up to fail.

Remember to K I S S....keep it simple sweetie.

night all....

PS: gag on all the talk of sweet breads & stomach et.al....yuk!!
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Mmmm. I loved sweetbreads when I tried them a bit ago. Need to have them again. If only they came in smaller packages. There is no way my family is up for a soccer ball's worth of sweetbreads yet.

Comment

• K.I.S.S. comes out a very different way in my world. "Keep it simple and stupid". AKA if you don't have to think about it, don't make it so you do- learned from my high school engineering teacher and still use it now.

Yesterday

Breakfast- IF (I never have time before morning church)

Lunch- 1 porkchop, 1 egg cup, 1 slice side bacon, 3 slices back bacon

Dinner- Butter and garlic stuffed pork chop, asparagus.

Normally I make sunday a day of rest but I really wanted to get out so I walked to my young adults church group and home again. 7.4KM (Just over 4.5 miles).

Between my air squats Saturday and my walk last night my legs are DONE today. Had the hardest time getting out of bed!

Breakfast- coconut milk shake, 3 slices of side bacon, 2000mg of Salmon Oil, 6000ui D3

Lunch (Packed)- Butter stuffed pork chop, 2 egg cups, 2 cups mixed carrots and red peppers

Dinner (Planned)- couple bunless burgers (might use portabellos for buns?) and a big salad

So even though my legs feel like ass today I am starting to see some muscle definition under my thunder thighs. One good step at a time but at least I can start to see a bit of a difference.
          SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
          Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
          Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
          Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• lol ecks...well we used to use "stupid" too...but I have also heard "sweetie" used & thought that sounded nicer!!

wow what a walk!!! that's awesome! I was tired just reading about it!!

have a wonderful day!!

Comment

• Hon, you would absolutely love my homemade Mexican menudo with steamy hot homemade corn tortillas! Sweetbreads are odd, I'll admit. I think they could grow on me though!

Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
              when I was in sales many moons ago, we were taught that our goals were not written in stone. You write them in pencil so you can adjust them. Goals are just something to strive for...they are not iron clad commitments. They should be attainable...with a stretch...& should be realistic. Sure I'd like to lose 20 pounds next month, but that's not reasonable & would only set me up to fail.

Remember to K I S S....keep it simple sweetie.

night all....

PS: gag on all the talk of sweet breads & stomach et.al....yuk!!

Comment

• Just for general information, I am not going to let my mom's two voice mails (already) derail my day. I'm not going to deal with them. I am saying NO. So there! I might listen to them tonight.

I am going to have a lovely school day with Ruby and not stress about food. I am going to play with my ferret and give her a faucet bath. That's putting her under a nice warm faucet for about 4-5 seconds. She loves it!
                Last edited by lopisheep; 03-26-2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like a great weekend
                  Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Gotta start slowin down a bit I think. Between saturday and sunday I'm actually in a lot of pain right now. Stood for the whole day at work too when I could have sat but now I'm having a hard time walking around the house. Oh cold compress, you know where it hurts...
                    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Lol. Don't kill yourself!
                      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• Ow! Reminds me of when I help people move house. Ouch! I end up in a hot shower!

Hey, you forget to mention "better sleep" and "enjoying life more" as met goals! And -- Did you buy your Grok t-shirt?

Giving myself a few days of mental rest and then I'm going to figure out a movement strategy to go along with stretching and some strengthening. Thinking that shaking things around a bit wouldn't hurt:-)

Originally posted by ecks View Post
                        Gotta start slowin down a bit I think. Between saturday and sunday I'm actually in a lot of pain right now. Stood for the whole day at work too when I could have sat but now I'm having a hard time walking around the house. Oh cold compress, you know where it hurts...

Comment

• ecks...I feel your pain! seriously! I hurt everywhere! I'm so sore from working outside all weekend! As bad as I hate to take anything I'm seriously thinking about taking a couple of Motrin. Glad I go see the chiropractor on Thursday!

Take it easy & let everything heal up. That's what I'm gonna try & do!!

Comment

• So far behind on these... I really need to catch up crashed really early last night. Woke up barely able to walk- end up on my feet pretty much the whole day and even did a truck load in at one point. After work I gave in, went to the grocery store, and picked up tylonol for aches and pain- little good those did. I took down 5 tabs before dodgeball and they seemed to have done nothing. Very intense game of dodgeball tonight though- me being the pain in the ass that I am i played through the pain and gave it my all and then some! Ankle is still killin me...

Breakfast- Burger patty, coconut milkshake, 2000mg salmon oil, 6000ui D3

Lunch- IF because I didn't have time to pack one in the morn

Dinner- Burger patty, 2 eggs, 4 slices of bacon

Post dinner dinner (got hungry in the eve) big salad

Mom called- my tax return is in! I'm excited to pick it up even though it's pretty much all going to bills. Regardless it's nice to get what feels like free money every once in a while!

Comment

• Yes, getting that money is nice Sorry to hear about the tylenol not working. Way to push through though!

Comment

• I just feel stupid for giving in to the damn tylynol. I know better than that...

Comment

Working...
                                X