No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I want to see a pic of that. Did you do the Mandinka hairstyle and all. So utterly cool. I can see you definitely pulling it off. I bet kids were either totally frightened of you or thought you were the coolest guy out there. Did you lift anyone? :-)

Originally posted by ecks View Post
    You make up a good point. I'll have to think of some new goals and start checking off "Goals Met" in my siggy

the new paints... not gonna work on me. Clothiers always remember to make the waist bigger but they always forget about the legs. That is however not stopping me from wearing new pants today. I bought some pants for Halloween on-line (I went for Halloween last year as BA Baracus (MR T)) that didn't fit and I'm wearing them right now! Red Cargo pants- my new shirt didn't go with them though but I am wearing the same shirt in black.

Comment

• Glad to see progress on here and that you went out to get some new clothes! Yeah, sometimes you still have consider brands and the shapes they offer. In women, it often gets weird because we have very different size thighs, butt and waist. For years I had saggy pants because when I could find pants that could fit my gigantic thighs the waist was way too small. Fortunately some brands are actually catching onto that (thank you, Levi's). You just have to spend a day discovering what brands and stores are best for your body. At least it's still normal for guys to wear saggier pants and belts! The goal pants are good idea though in the mean time (a lot easier than taking out the tape measure). My goal is to finally fit into Target's tiny, Mossimo pants!
      Starting weight: 225
      Current weight: 195
      Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
      Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
      My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Yay for shopping for new clothes after losing weight! That's awesome
        Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Got home from work today and all of a sudden I crashed. Was a busy day at work but for some reason my body was telling me it was time to pass out. Good thing dodgeball was a late game tonight. Best night the team has had so far with a score of 8 to 2! It's a shame we didn't have time for our 11th game it would have been nice to see if we could get a 9th point.

Breakfast= Coconut milk shake- coconut milk, frozen banana, 1 cup mixed blueberries and strawberries, 2 heaping tbsp organic cocoa. 2 Salmon oil caps, 6000ui D3

Lunch- Steak, 2 cups mixed baby carrots and celery

Dinner was all over the board tonight because i just wasn't feeling well. 1/2 bar halawa, 1/2 cup or so of plantain chips, 1 slice back bacon, 2 squares of lindt 90%.
          SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
          Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
          Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
          Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Hmmmm, steeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak. I can say one thing I really like about Texas, aside from the music, is there is no shortage of steak around here! I didn't grow up eating alot of red meat, but I've grown to like it more since moving here. STEAK! It's what's for dinner!
            Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• I live down the road from Farm Country so there is always grassfed steak around here! I probably go through 2-3lbs of it a week!
              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• wow you are so lucky ecks!!! believe it or not down here in Texas grass fed beef is hard to come by unless you live closer to a big city...which I don't. Our regional supermarket has grassfed grnd meat...for 6.50 a pound. I have purchased some but think I will start buying a bit more. I am currently looking for a place to buy grassfed beef from directly, that I won't have to drive very far to pick up. With gas prices the way they are & going up all the time I won't save anything if I have to drive very far! I really really want to find grassfed...especially with all the crap about pink slime lately! I would like to raise our own, but it took me a year to convince hubby I wanted chickens & he's already said NO to a couple of cows. *sigh*
                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Yeah, I was surprised by the lack of grass fed beef here. However, 3H All Natural, out of Clarendon, sells their meat at a store here in Amarillo. It's so good. The beef bacon is AWESOME!

Comment

• Hey Alessandra!! That's awesome you can get grassfed locally! Its got to be so much better than the other stuff! Never had beef bacon! Sounds great!

Comment

• I'm lucky Grass fed beef is so close because gas here is 5.24/gallon right now... doesn't stop me from driving but damn does it stil suck to fill 'er up!

Comment

• Hmmm, beef bacon. I might just drop by 3H to pick some up. It seems a bit more expensive, but now that I think about it, the one package of it lasted longer than my package of Applegate Farms bacon does. The leftover grease is great to cook with.

Comment

• Primalcajun -- Hey, don't you have lots of acres? One steer would fit! Just be careful about naming it:-) Hey, try the economic / health angle! You do have some grass, right:-) A grass fed steer. Water and a good salt lick are cheap. Home raised meat is soooooo good! ecks and all of us would drool!

Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                          wow you are so lucky ecks!!! believe it or not down here in Texas grass fed beef is hard to come by unless you live closer to a big city...which I don't. Our regional supermarket has grassfed grnd meat...for 6.50 a pound. I have purchased some but think I will start buying a bit more. I am currently looking for a place to buy grassfed beef from directly, that I won't have to drive very far to pick up. With gas prices the way they are & going up all the time I won't save anything if I have to drive very far! I really really want to find grassfed...especially with all the crap about pink slime lately! I would like to raise our own, but it took me a year to convince hubby I wanted chickens & he's already said NO to a couple of cows. *sigh*
                          Last edited by lopisheep; 03-22-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• yes...we have a few acres & BIL has the 50 acres we are surrounded by. BIL has quite a number of cows...but if we bought one from them it would run us about $600-800 (if not more...depends on the going price at the ring). Then it costs about $300 to have it processed. So we wouldn't be saving anything. Plus we would have to build fences...just can't do it all financially.

Now next year my mom is going to have one of hers butchered & she's already said she will split the meat with me & my brother, so will get a little then. But that's then...I would like to minimize store bought meat now. I will continue to search for a ranch in my area that might have meat reasonable. I think I may have found one that charges $4.60 a pound cut & wrapped...but they won't have anything available till mid summer. I'm going to check them out further.

Sorry ecks...didn't mean to hijack your journal!! lol

Comment

• What part of Texas are you in?

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post

Sorry ecks...didn't mean to hijack your journal!! lol
                                Hijack away! Always love having a good conversation no matter where it is!

Comment

Working...
                                X