No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a good day full of a variety of good stuff. I used to distance swim, and my problem was counting. I'd get so content with just going through the water that I'd forget to count:-)

IMHO, doing your days in twos seems just fine. My problem is that I forget what I ate the day before!

Comment

• The doing days in 2's thing must be contagious - sorry! Just took a glance at your starting and current weight - just amazing already - friggin 43 pounds!
      Starting weight: 225
      Current weight: 195
      Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
      Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
      My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Thanks lex. I have a startling feeling like I'll have a low number this week... guess that's part of not weighing in continually that it's harder to gage how far along things are moving. Guess we'll have to see tomorrow. Tomorrow's also measure in day so I've gotta find my last month's measurements and compare.

Late breakfast/Lunch- Steak, baby carrots, almond salad dressing for dipping carrots

Dinner- Lobster tail, Turnip and Cauliflower "Mashed potatoes", Coconut spicy shrimp, garlic infused EVOO for dipping seafood. Small Salad, 1 piece of Lindt 90%, 2 pieces of lindt 99%- I didn't finish the lobster or the mash so those will be future meals. Don't know quite how to eat the top half of a lobster... guess I'll find out. I'm sure it's like crackin open a crab.

Workout today- 100 ASFT at 5:37. Moving to 115 on the next one I think.

Found this killer store today. When you walk in it's all local chocolate and desserts but if you walk around back there is a room for tasting their different olive oils and balsamic vinegars. There's 15 or so flavor "infused" olive oils and 20 balsamics. All using natural organic ingredients. At 13$ per 200ml bottle they better be (that's less than a cup). Damn are they ever good though! I picked up butter infused EVOO (no dairy!) and garlic evoo. Quite happy with both already. I have a feeling this place is gonna end up costing me an arm and or/leg.
        SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
        Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
        Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Weighed in this morning... another pound and a half this week! I used to be upset about those pound and a half weeks but that still means a pound and a half less that I have to lug around. It's like salary pay- sure I won't get those awesome paychecks but it seems I know what I'm getting every week! And it's nice considering my battle with leaving the scale out (I've weighted, it's back in the closet... I'm done with it for the week!) and my battle with the return of the unforgiving dairy. Set new goals for April too! At a pound and a half a week I should be able to crank out 6lbs but I set the goal to 7.4. I did 6.6 in February so it's that goal to crank out an extra pound. By CW standards I'm not losing as fast as everyone would want me to race and lose but I can happily say that once it's off it's off! At worst in this journey I've plateaued a week or 2 but never gained on my Sunday weighins.

Cheers to making March being our best month so far gang! Lets rock it!!
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Just got back from measuring with my sis. I'm so proud of her! This month she lost 7 lbs and a total of 8.5". Unfortunately she doesn't carry her weight very well so just like me she's got a long way to go. She's at 181 right now.

Alright! Lets get to my numbers

Body Part Last Month This Month Difference
            Neck 17 17 0
            Chest 52 49 3
            Abdomin 55.5 53 2.5
            Hips 52.5 49 3.5
            Arms 18.5 18.5 0
            Leg(Thigh) 31 31 0

I'm happy with these! Numbers are coming down in the places people notice first so at very least I look better than I'm doing

Comment

• Fantastic numbers, ecks. And you've hit another milestone weight-wise. Absolutely marvelous. I am definitely proud of you. Way to go:-)

Tell your sister how wonderful her loss is. 181 is great:-) She's doing great too, I think.

Happy days!

Comment

• Thanks pam! Both me and my sister have been working at it not together... but in competition almost. We're 2 years apart but we always stride to beat each other to everything and find encouragement from eachother's efforts. She's taken the CW route (though not much time for exercise because she's full time work/school/mom) But she's kickin ass!!

Lookin at my goals I didn't set myself up this month to pass the 280 milestone. Instead though I have the privilege of aiming at the 50 lbs mark which should *hopefully* happen by the 25th. Let's wait and see!

*Yesterday*

Breakfast- My regular coconut milkshake + raspberries

Lunch- 3 Slices of streaky bacon, turnip fries (fried this time in the bacon fat instead of the usual baking), and a massive egg scramble (2 xl eggs, tomato, red peppers, mushrooms, green onion) <--- Gosh how I missed eggs! (I took a break for a while). 2 pieces of lindt 99%, 1 piece lindt 90%

Dinner- Indian butter chicken from scratch! (Oddly enough without butter)- Chicken thighs slow cooked in tomato/onion puree, coconut milk, currey, garlic, 5 spice. Served over cauliflower rice with a massive salad on the side. 2 pieces of lindt 99% 1 piece of lindt 90%

Today!
                Breakfast- Regular coconut milkshake + Raspberries

Lunch- Leftover butter chicken and 2 cups of mixed veggies (red peppers and celery)

Dinner - Premarinated pork chops (or as my butcher calls them- "Rob's sexy chops"), asparagus, left over mashed cauliflower/turnip from Saturday, most likely followed up with the regular dosage of dark chocolate.

It's -15 Degrees Celsius (5 degrees Fahrenheit) outside today so I may have to subject my already fried legs to some more airsquats for time... I'll have to see what I can do tonight because it's way too cold to be out for an hour's walk

**Uodate***

Workout- 30 Pushups

50 Situps for time using a poor man's abmat (aka rolled up towel)- 3:28

Waiting to hear back from a kijiji seller on an abmat, if he doesn't come through I'm just gonna suck it up and pay full price.
                Last edited by ecks; 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Oh, yes. I see the 50 lb. mark happening. Yep. I can visualize it. You are definitely going to do it soon.

Eggs are funny. Sometimes I just can't eat them, and other times they sound so good. I'm thinking eggs and bacon for lunch today with zucchini.

Love your pictures. They always give me ideas! Yep. This is going to be a great month -- especially if I move my butt around a bit (read lot) more. Living in town, I find it hard to "do" exercise. Easier when you're lifting bales of hay around and moving livestock and mowing and such. I do miss it. But then, there are no stores with exotic oils and vinegars and Powell's Bookstore, etc. around. Of course, I guess one can get pretty much everything online.

A super day!
                  Last edited by lopisheep; 03-05-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Yesterday

Breakfast- Regular coconut shake plus half a banana

Lunch- Pork Chops 2 cups mixed veggies

Dinner- Half rack ribs, some baby carrots. 2 pieces of lindt 90 and 99 and some banana chips for dessert

Dodgeball was probably one of our worst games in weeks. We were playing a team that have been playing so long that they had their 6 and 7 year old kids (and there were 6 of them) there to root them on. Still a lot of fun though!

Today

Breakfast- Steak and bacon

Lunch- Ribs and veggies

Dinner- Steak and veggies most likely and the regular chocolate dosage

Excercise- short walk planned for tonight

So I've been experimenting with full time standing desk instead of the 15 mins here or there... It's been quite nice! I have more mental energy built up but i tend to be lacking in physical energy by the time i get home from work. This is only day 3 of the full time standage and I can definitely deal with it It's not bad at all!

Comment

• Didn't end up going for that planned walk yesterday. Crashed after a long day at work and eve with my buddy

Today
                      Breakfast- 4 slices of bacon, coconut shake

lunch- steak and veggies

Dinner (a very odd one)- 2 eggs, 2 lobster claws, 2 chicken wings. Bananachips and chocolate for dessert

Got into the pool tonight 6 minutes late and was still able to push against the clock and get 50 laps (1.1KM) out tonight. I'm happy with that.

Starting to get to the point where I feel like I need to disappear from my surroundings for a bit. 2 or 3 days off of work where no one outside of work knows I'm off... Looking for a retreat centre or somewhere where I can just get me time and not have to concern myself with much more. Soon i think... very soon.

Comment

• Sounds beautiful! I'm all about the me-time.
                        Starting weight: 225
                        Current weight: 195
                        Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                        Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                        My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• If you had unlimited funds and could go on a retreat anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Comment

• Anywhere? It's a close line between Trinidad (for the music) and pretty much any Spanish country (for the ladies). I'm not Spanish I just have a weakness for their female population

Comment

• Hi Ecks,
                              ^How about a HS Spanish Teacher? LOL

I liked your posts on Sabine's journal so much that I came over to read yours. You are doing so well Congrats!
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Trinidad might work for both -- a beautiful spot for a retreat and music and lots of Spanish-speaking ladies -- including tourists from some of the nearby Spanish-speaking countries. Hope you get that break soon. I've been needing one for a whole lot of years. Someday! If I could get back to the country, I could make my own retreat:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X