No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sail away soon hopefully... Supposed to have a meeting with my hiring partner today but I haven't heard from her yet...

I'm feeling good about most of my food choices... Though I had a weird food dream last night... Garlic loaf, fresh out of the oven... I haven't had it in years but in my dream I cut off a large piece and started eating it. I could hear it, I could smell it, I could feel it, but I don't remember tasting it... In my dream my cousin even pointed out that I was eating it... Wonder what the dream means.

Books haven't come in yet. I think they'll be late on account of the weather. Apparently even Texas is getting it bad. Up here it is - 26C with a wind chill bringing it down to - 40C (sorry American readers I don't know how to translate that into Fahrenheit). Regardless of is damn cold!!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Who cares, once its under 0 on either scale its too damn cold to bother measuring!

BRING ON SPRING!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I don't think the dream is about eating at all - I think it is about life and that you might feel you aren't living up to your potential, or are unfulfilled in some way. Something from your past has reappeared and you find it strangely lacking. Of course it could just be indigestion.

Maybe don't sweat too much about food choices right now - you definitely don't want to feel you have denied yourself or are missing anything with your friends before you leave. That could lead to a bad mindset later. I bet it will be easier on the ship, and of course you will be busy working.
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• dreams are weird........ I never try to make sense of them. They are just a manifestation of our sub-conscious trying to work through something that's happening in our conscious world. I have crazy dreams!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I sure hope they don't mean anything. Last night I dreamed that Oprah was giving me career advice. Swear to god...and I'm not even an Oprah fan. WTF?

Comment

• 'haha Clarkie what did she suggest????
              link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• So... with nervous jitters... I am gladly announcing that everything has worked out! All visas in, plane tickets booked, and the moment of damn near shitting myself in disbelief has come and or passed. (Who are we kidding I'm still damn near shitting myself!). Excited but scared as well... more of the later than the former. At this point it's just me and god. I'm gone a week tomorrow!

Feelin good about food for the most part... The dream was wierd and I was still thinking about it. It may be that I'm not living up to something- it might just be guilt for leaving. With the confirmation online today that I am going I had a lot of support and a lot of people who are mixed/upset about me going- still supportive, just upset. But this is something that I HAVE to do if anything... Moreso than something I want to do. It's an experience of personal growth both spiritually and mentally (and if I could sneak in some physically as well why the heck not!??!)

Love you all!! Thank you all for the amazing support! I will do my best to update from Australia! Interwebs will be extra limited but I'll try to get in a post a week if I can!
                Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• cruise ships have workout rooms and on deck walking/running tracks....... so I think you can easily say "physically" also.

Best of luck to you Ecks! You're heading out on a wonderful adventure!

What exactly will you be doing on this ship?
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good luck and have the time of your life
                    link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Can't wait to hear from you from Australia!
                      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Do you know which cities you'll be calling in to in Australia?

Comment

• Congratulations! I can't wait to hear of your adventures!
                          Height: 5' 10"
                          Starting Weight: 292
                          Starting Primal Weight: 275
                          Current weight: 224
                          Goal weight: 172
                          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• So happy for you! And gotta admit a wee bit jealous too
                            Hope you have a wonderful time. Don't be a stranger! ((((BIG HUG)))

Comment

• Originally posted by jacmac View Post
                              'haha Clarkie what did she suggest????
                              She just confirmed what I already know, that I have to put on my big girl panties and find a new job. She was quite helpful actually.

Comment

• @Sabine I'm doing audio on the cruise ship- this is a way for me to finish up the debt incurred by my current career (Audio/AV... etc) and hopefully help me get set up financially for a new career.

@Jacmac, Siobhan, and David Thanks for the support!! I'm going to make the best of the experience in spite of the fact that I am terrified

@vickyb Landing in Sydney, first tour is around New Zeland! Don't know where I'm going from there.

@clarkie I will do my best to keep in touch. I have a feeling that internet connection will be difficult to come across but I figure I can at least post from port.

I'm happy right now. For the first time in a while I'm not wondering if I'm doing the right thing but knowing that I am doing the right thing. When I was debating on taking the position I was worried about leaving my church. I volunteer on 3 stems, sunday night audio for the young adults service at our auxillary location (in a bar uptown!), sunday morning once to twice a month for the entire church (4 services for each sunday), and the church's radio show. I was worried I'd be letting a lot of people down. Instead I have received so much support and I feel like I have their blessing. The tech director had scheduled me for 4 or 5 sundays over the next 3 months and when I declined them he decided to do the audio himself because he hasn't mixed in months. As for the radio show, he is taking that over too, and as far as sunday night goes- the interns have been shadowing me for a while now and feel fit to take over that service until I am back. I just feel like I have the blessing to go do what I need to do and I'm so happy they are behind me!

Comment

Working...
                                X