Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey ecks, great update, glad to hear you sounding so positive

Some great sounding food in there, too. Not surprised you didn't stop for photos!

I'm pretty new round here, so not caught up with all the history of folks yet, so I'm curious to know more about the cruise ship job; sounds like I would kinda want that one to be top of the list, but then I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

Comment

• Hey AutumnTiger. Cruise ship job would be an Audio Apprentace with Royal Carribbean/Celebrity X cruises I believe out of california. At this point I'm really loving the idea- just took a bit to come around. In this past week I've gotten callbacks for 3 different jobs (one which I'm commuting to in an hour and a half or so). I'll see how it goes down. The one I'm about to travel for has essentially already put an offer on the table but I've gotta make sure it's the right thing for me- and I have to weigh the cost of commuting/paying for parking every day. All in good time!

So! I've gotta catch up on my food journals... Here goes!

Whole30 Day 17

Meal 1- 1 bowl of leftover molokhia soup. 1 bowl of leftover speghetti sauce (it was thick like chili... and it was so good cold!!)

Meal 2- 2 Farmer's sausages with mustard

Meal 3- about 3/4 of a chicken

Whole30 Day 18

Meal 1- some leftover chicken, handful of cashews

Meal 2- (and a biggie!). Leftover chicken, half a smoked steak, 1 sausage, 3 slices of bacon, and a burger fried in the bacon fat... Yum!!!

So today is a special day. 2 years since I've been paleo. Now this past year being a rough year I didn't gain any but I didn't lose any. That being said I'm proud of that. Considering I got kicked out of the place I was living at at the beginning of the year, moved into my parents, back out, back in and been hunting for work I'd say that not gaining through all of these stresses is a HUGE win for me! Woo!!!
      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Happy primalversary, Ecks! You're doing fabulously. Maintaining with all those stresses is a big accomplishment.

Comment

• This is a HUGE accomplishment. Your journal is one of the first I read when I came here, and now even I feel like an oldtimer. So much has happened!
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yes I have been to the Worx, it's awesome! Congrats on 2 years primal! and double congrats on not gaining during the stress filled past year. So, if you don't mind my asking, why are you hesitant about the cruise ship job? I gotta tell you if I was single and 20 years younger I'd JUMP at that chance!
            Keep warm man, it's brutal out there tonight eh?

Comment

• Hey All!!! Sorry for not posting the last couple days I have been busy as sin!!! This week is no different. I'll try to do a personal update later but I've gotta crank out those food journals before I start my day or I'll never get to them.

Whole30 Day 19

Meal 1- 1 farmers sausage and mustard

Meal 2- 2 blended sausages (from the polish deli), 2 slices of bacon, handful of red cherry tomatos, 4 eggs

Whole30 Day 20- Bit of a grazing day because I was doing a Firefly marathon at a friends house

Meal 1- 3 slices of bacon, 2 blended sausages

Meal 2- (this is the majority of the grazing going on)- pistachios, pork rinds, salsa, strawberries, raspberries

Meal 3- BBQ'd chicken, steamed brocooli finished in ghee, roasted red peppers

Whole30 Day 21

Meal 1 - Handful of pork rinds, some olives stuffed with jalapeno

Meal 2- 2 Red peppers stuffed with blended sausage and farmers sausage, 3 whole chicken wings

Meal 3- a decent pile of whole chicken wings

Whole30 Day 22

Meal 1- 3 Whole chicken wings

Meal 2 (back at worx burg)- Burger with jalapeno salsa, bacon, and tomato. Side of steamed broccoli

Meal 3- decent pile of pistachios

And that's me caught up! I'll do personal updates soon!
              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• I'm doing TERRIBLE at keeping my promises about updating. I am just too damn busy for what it's worth

Whole30 Day 23

Meal 1- Lamb burger salad at Johnny Fresco's

Meal 2- Chicken legs and peppers stuffed with bacon guac

Meal 3- Salad with spinach, mushroom, egg, bacon, and balsamic dressing

Whole30 Day 24

Meal 1- chicken and sausage

Meal 2- chicken and sausage (seeing a trend?) and red bell peppers

Whole30 Day 25

Meal 1- Sausage (I mass cooked some stuff at the beginning of the week! ... )

Meal 2- 3 eggs, bacon, tomato,

Meal 3- 4 chicken legs and a bell pepper

I'm really hoping to do regular posts again soon. It's been painfully busy with my first break in sight on monday?? I think?

Comment

• Whole30 Day 26

Meal 1- Pho with tripe, rare flank, tendons, and sprouts

Meal 2 (honestly a late night snack)- one large red bell pepper

Whole30 Day 27

Meal 1- 2 duck eggs, 3 slices of bacon, pack of plantain chips (ingredients, plaintains, salt, palm oil)

Meal 2- grazing over veggies and a couple pieces of lunch ham

Meal 3- 2 lbs of chicken wings (sauce on the wings- bacon fat, franks red hot sauce, salt, pepper, fresh garlic, roasted garlic powder, roasted paprika, mustard, lime juice, and coconut milk), a few cherry tomatos, and a whole bell pepper

Life lately has been a crap ton of interviews, meetings, character assessments, and mingle events. So darn busy! But feeling good. I'm really and I mean REALLY liking the idea of the cruise ship. Going to talk to my pastor tonight about it but I'm going to seriously think about dropping it all and just going for the ship. I've had a few job offers but none where I felt really called.

Comment

• Glad to see that you are staying strong on your Whole 30. I have decided to do one beginning in January. Am committed to staying Primal this month but don't think I can swing the Whole 30 until the Christmas festivities are over. I wish you all the best in making a decision with regard to your job choices. Your heart, gut, instinct, whatever you call it will lead you on the right path, along with prayer of course.

Comment

• Thanks Clarkie!! I'm curious to see how this week plays out. I have an interview just down the road on Gage street and I'll be curious as to whether or not it'll be worth taking (that is if the offer is up!)

Whole 30 Day 28

Meal 1 - Pork chop, almost a pint of cherry tomatos

Meal 2- 5 Hard boiled eggs, 2 slices of bacon, big bowl of spicy guacamole that also contained an additional 3 slices of bacon (Avocado, white onion, cilantro, tomato, bacon, franks red, salt, mustard). The guac was delicious but oddly enough gave me big mac breath. It's been at least 3 years since I've had a big mac but I can remember that uncomfortable feeling after eating one like it was yesterday

So uhh... 2 days left on the whole30. I'm not sure what I wanted to really gain out of this except for to put my health on track while my parents were gone. They should be back soon as well (though I don't know when) so I've gotta get the house in tip top and all that.

Comment

• Congrats on the Whole30! That is quite an accomplishment.

Seems like you have created your own special sauce...you need a paleo fast food outlet now!
                        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hey now that sounds like an awesome idea! A Paleo restaurant! Do you think there are enough Paleo folk in our neck of the woods to make it fly Ecks? I would definitely be your best customer. Let us know how the interview goes.

Comment

• Just as a heads-up, there's a paleo food truck downtown here, and people say they're doing pretty well. They also do some monthly meal delivery plans.

Caveman Cafeteria, in Denver, if you're wanting to research it some.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Mr Anthony! Welcome over! I'm starting to see more paleo options sprouting around this area too! I'm loving it! There is a cafe in town that does paleo meal options

So today is my last day of whole30!!! Woo! I don't even feel the urge to "break" my whole30 right away. Feel like I'd be better to wait until the food comes my way outside of the plan instead of going out of my way to get it. The first break will likely be thursday at McCabes pub. Mmmm... they have the best wings and chips I'll also be doing an update weigh in tomorrow. I don't think it'll be too far off from my weigh in on the 22nd but it'll be the last for the year. Feeling amazing for getting this far!

Whole 30 Day 29

Meal 1 - (at Works Burger) Beef burger (no bun) with fried onions, horse radish, bacon, and mustard. Side of brocoli

Meal 2- (more of a big snack)- Grass fed roast beef slices from vincenzo's

Meal 3- More roast beef slices and a pack of seaweed (Ingredients: sea weed, olive oil, salt, chipoltle spice)

I'm honestly getting UUBER excited for the prospect of the cruise ship. It's gone from being a backup to being the forefront. The way I put it to someone today was "Unless I find a job worth giving up a dream I'm going on that cruise ship". I've only had one of those so far- and I didn't get it. I think the boat is the way to go!

Comment

• Loving the sound of this cruise ship, if you have an in then go for it

Great work on the Whole-30. I'm interested in the idea, but I'm thinking I'll save it for when my efforts might need a boost. Looking forward to the update!

Comment

Working...
                                X