No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How terrible for the vendors! Although I am glad no one was hurt. Very sad, I hope some assistance will be given for a new start.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Well its been confirmed that insurance will cover the damages which is good. It's a multi million dollar business with thousands of visitors a week. All local economy. I wouldn't be surprised if it was rebuilt within 6 months. Too much financial opportunity to just sit around and wait.
      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• that's awesome! Nice to know it will be up and running again by spring!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Hey! Sorry for going quiet over the last few days. My boss' boss stole me for some actual real work on campus! Woo! Worked over time both days. My boss knows I worked over- don't think he knows I'm getting paid over. Oops

Things going ok over on my end. Still waiting for communitech to call back all in good time I'm hoping.

getting frustrated trying to cook at my parents (did I mention I moved back there 3 weeks or so ago?) it's a pain though because my fridge is in the basement. (Sidebar: I'm no longer in the basement but now in my childhood bedroom where at least it's not mouldy).

Updates to come! I'm hoping for communitech + a decemberish moveout date if I can.
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Communitech isn't happening. A big part of me is freaking out. It's been over a year since I've started looking for work and I've had nibbles but no takers. 2 months until my contract is done.

Comment

• Sorry Ecks........... God has something better in mind!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• It's gonna happen - spend one day freaking out and then get back to the search.

I remember when you first started your temp job and now it is finishing - have we really been around here on the forum for that long? It's weird to think of how involved I've become.

Hoping for the best, as always!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'm hoping for the best too. The cruise ship thing is moving along well at this point. (new-er prospect...) trying my hand wherever at this point.

Trying to use my recent anxieties to my advantage. I've taken up regular fasting (similar to David's Warrior diet but not quite).
                  Essentially I've been fasting all day then eating a regular (though lately carnivorous) dinner at night. Some days (as a regular) I go to the coffee shop after work. Since the all day fast Ive been getting some gluten free treats to go with my coffee (whenever they have them). It's usually coconut macaroons. Yesterday and the day before I got spice chocolate creme brule. Delicious! I figure that while I'm stressed it's better to keep caloric intake down so that I don't shove it all into fat stores. Over the past summer my weight has gone from 243 down to 241 up to 245 then up to 250 since moving back to my parents a few weeks ago. I Weighed 250 on sunday and weighed in at 245 this morning so I'm hoping this regular fasting will bring me back down to a healthier weight again. I'll probably only keep it up for a few weeks. A part of it (I can't lie) is food budgeting as well. I haven't been grocery shopping since the market burned down (did I mention that the market burned down?!). I want to seek out the vendors at their farms but I'm also trying to stay concious of my gas usage (cost wise) while I'm uncertain of work.

Comment

• Yes, we're hoping the market is back in business soon, what a tragedy! If my food co-op burned down I would be inconsolable.

Creme brulee is my all-time favorite dessert!

Are your parents cool with your eating habits?

Comment

• My parents dont understand it. My mom takes offense because I won't eat what they eat.

Comment

• I hope your employment works out - we are all standing with you and hoping to hear good news sometime on that front! It is tough when people don't give you the freedom to do what you feel is right for you without taking offense - very frustrating indeed! I always think if the tables were turned on them how would they feel... Hang in there and hopefully the fasting will help you get back to a better place.
                        Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                        Primal low: 186 lbs
                        Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                        Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Anyone else having weird auntmn cravings? A couple days ago I walked through vincenzo's (local badass grocery store) past where they make fresh pasta over to the deli counter and the pasta smelt good. This morning I'm craving a McDonald's burger (like the original ham burger). I've had neither food for almost 2 years.

Comment

• I'm craving pound cake - or zucchini bread - something dense, chewy and moist. Craving does not equal eating yet!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm hoping to leave out the "yet" part. it's weird though. Curses to fall time for the awkward cravings! I remember getting them last year too.

Comment

• So I found out yesterday that the communitech job I was passed up for didn't end up hiring anyone. The feedback that I got was that I did a great job in the interview but had high expectations for salary range. The manager commented on how that was actually extremely common with RIM employees. Not getting my hopes high but when the position is reopened I will be reapplying. I'm not ready to just let it go.

Comment

Working...
                                X