No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd question. Anyone know of a good paleo friendly sitdown in detroit?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Food photo time! (I gotta pick up on these more!). I've been cookin new stuff lately I just haven't been photoitizing them...

Dinner last night. The best pork I've ever made paired with the worst hollandaise I've ever made. Sous vide pork finished on the BBQ with a maple, red onion, ginger and chili powder glaze. Asparagus topped with hollandaise (hollandaise was the perfect consistency but too much lemon :-()

1174604_10153110809015117_319827412_n.jpg
      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Gorgeous

Comment

• Wow, that looks fantastic! I gotta investigate the Sous vide thing...
          Height: 5' 10"
          Starting Weight: 292
          Starting Primal Weight: 275
          Current weight: 224
          Goal weight: 172
          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• you really do! I had leftovers today and it still broke apart like it was cooked fresh! Delicious!

Comment

• So - I'm looking at the Sous Vide Supreme Delux Promo Pack --- $569.00 for the lot of it. Do you think that's a good deal? I think it would be a fun thing to have and since its just hubby and I at home now it would get lots of use!! I love the idea that you can't overcook the meat - and I have to say the picture of that pork you made is enough to sell me on buying one!!!!

Question - we already have a food saver sealer - can we use that instead of buying the one that Sous Vide sells? It looks like the same thing.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yeah, if you've already got a food saver and bags you won't need the whole pack. Just the box.

Comment

• Do you have to torch it to get the nice browning?
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• The browning is the glaze + the bbq. Meat coming out of a sous vide looks as boring as boring comes. The sousvide is there for even cook and amazing mouthfeel but food should be finished in a pan to get a good color on the outside.

Comment

• Waiting game. Job posting I want closed monday and now I shall wait to see if I get an interview.

Comment

• Prayers.................. remember WHO is in control
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi! you are a sweetheart you know that? It's been a rough day getting lost in my own thoughts so to come home and log into this reminder is what I needed. Praying hard for a lot of things lately. Life has been shifting and I'm trying to humble myself before him and ask for him to take it all. I know he's got a plan. A friend put it this way the other day. "He didn't take you this far just to abandon you". Every reminder helps.

Comment

• Wise words from your friend

God has a plan:

Jeremiah 20:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

Claim it!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Posted that on a sticky note on my desk. That's something that I need to look up at every time I have a day like yesterday.

Comment

• We all have those days - that sometimes stretch into weeks. That's why we have the "family" to come beside and gently remind us of the simple basics of the Christian faith. Sometimes its hard to trust when we see nothing happening, but there is always work being done to pave the path for what is coming. Its hard for us to see the laying of the pavement when our eye is on the destination, the end result. God see's the road inch by inch.......... we want to see the destination and forget to watch the progress of the path being layed out before us. Especially when difficulties and struggles are clouding our vision. If only God would give us just a tiny little peak at the end result it might make the struggles a bit easier to endure.

2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X