No announcement yet.

My primal journey.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got caught by the "bacon coffee", too!!!
    sigpicFrom Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    New Member March 2012
    Height: 5'
    CW March 2012: 174lbs
    GW: 135lbs

My PB Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread49705.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Originally posted by Cavekelly View Post
      Insane Grok: Bacon Coffee yum! lol Those pancakes sound delicious but I'm allergic to bananas, I haven't always been but about 5 or 6 years ago I was eating a banana and my mouth became itchy and started to get red bumps on it. I miss bananas they are so delicious and satisfying...ok now I'm craving bananas!

I found a recipe for a primal pumpkin brownie:
      Ingredients:
      1 cup almond butter
      cup mashed pumpkin or other squash, canned or steamed
      1 egg
      1/3 cup honey
      1 tsp baking soda

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serves 8.

I'm going to make it this weekend.
      that does suck about banana's. sorry to have brought it up now

but that pumpkin brownie sounds delightful! might try to make that this weekend too!
      http://myquest4happiness.blogspot.com/
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48307.html (journal)

Comment

We can have honey???
        New Member March 2012

Comment

Insane Grok: Its ok, it was a very good suggestion anyway...let me know how yours turn out if you make them! and if i make them ill post how they turn out.

Siouxzee: I think so? Just not a lot of it? I found the recipe on a primal blog, so I'm assuming its 100% primal.

Comment

Good to know as a bit of sweetener in a recipe. I'm so used to the Atkins restrictions, hard for me to relax!
            New Member March 2012

Comment

Yesterday:
              B:4 pieces of bacon hard boiled egg coffee with creamer
              L: Salad, 2 hard boiled eggs, bacon, lettuce and tomato, homemade vinaigrette dressing
              D:Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and mozz cheese
              P: none
              Rest: 6 hours
              I was so exhausted so i took a nap after work for like 2 hours, my husband was working late and i was supposed to make dinner for when he got home but I feel alseep so he made himself bacon and eggs and made me faux spaghetti yummy.

Today I was running late so I didn't get a chance to make a good breakfast or dinner
              B:coffee with 3 cream (tim hos) baggy of berries
              L: Egg salad & chicken leg
              D: grilled sausage bell peppers onions
              P: striped testing for krav
              R: 6 hours again

I feel soo good and I have my sex drive back my husband is happy about that, Im still addicted to stepping on the scale though. 154 today....i cant help it I want to see my progress...

Comment

"Tim hos"??? Sounds kinda funny...... We all it "Timmie's".

You're doing good - hard to stay off the scale, I know, especially when you feel you're doing well.
                New Member March 2012

Comment

Missed Krav yesterday because I was sleeping and had an eye headache but I've been getting plenty of sleep.

B: 1 egg over easy, 3 strips of bacon Coffee with HWC (once our container runs out i'm cutting out cream to see if it speeds up weight loss)
                  L: unknown (its a lunch for our co-worker who is moving on) if there isn't anything primal, I will just eat chicken legs and carrots. I packed a back up plan.
                  D: Salmon and broccoli.
                  P: Walk around Elmwood area with my husband.

Last night we had Mineo & Sapio sausage...only 3 ingredients and all primal. No fillers or yucky food and its made right here in Buffalo

The other day my work participated in a health fair they gave us free lunch of noodles and sauce,roll, and salad. I didn't eat and wasn't tempted by it. Today may be different in terms of temptation, I really want chicken wings and pizza lately oh and Ice cream from Dairy Queen...but I'm not going to do it.

Comment

So my streak of no cheating has ended...yesterday I had a fish fry (beer battered) french fries and chicken wing soup.
                    It wasnt all that good but im not going to beat myself up about it. At the free lunch I avoided cheating, there was wegmans subs so i took out the insides and ate it and threw away the roll..
                    Today will look something like this....
                    B: If (its already 11 so this is easy)
                    L: left over chicken thighs
                    D: steak and veggies
                    P: bodyrock.tv fit test
                    I have to clean the house so that will be some work.

Comment

Bad Bad Bad weekend but I'm not going to beat myself up, I'm just going to list the indulgences I had;
                      Fish Fry, french fries, ketchup (Friday)
                      Baileys, french fries, nutella & strawberry crepes, chocolate mint martini (Saturday)
                      Left over fish fry, ketchup, small mocha from tims, half of honey crueler donut, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, dinner roll, ice cream cake.

So now I'm back to 100% primal, i cant handle a little bit of SAD bc i go crazy..Also, I'm done drinking HWC on a daily basis. I will not cheat on Easter and Im making Primal Brownies for a dessert so Im not tempted!

B: 1 fried egg in butter, 3 slices of bacon, green tea
                      L: 2 chicken legs, peas, carrots
                      D: grilled chicken, broccoli, spinach with butter
                      M: Krav Maga
                      R: 9 hours

Comment

Cake and chicken wings with blue cheese. oh and a sprite. Im a sugar monster this week.

B: 3 pieces of bacon green tea
                        L: sausage peppers salad 2 hard boiled eggs and homemade balsamic dressing.
                        D: BBQ (primal recipe) chicken...Salad?
                        M: starting couch to 5k today with my friend so i can run the dirty girl 5k in September & Krav afterwards
                        R: 8.5 hours

I'm not going to expose myself to any temptation the rest of the week so I can get back on track. I always crack under social situations..out with friends or dinner with family.I'm sick of being fat, I need to stay on track so I can be fit. I didnt make the primal brownies yet, I'm saving it for this week I think.

Comment

Still on a sugar monster binge, I need to control it! yesterday I had a small heath blizzard from DQ, it is anything by small, its like 16oz. I'm still following 80/20..80% of the day Im eating primal and 20% im eating non-primal, its just that the non-primal food is sugary,fried junk food. Its the week before TOM so I am miserable and I think its just adding fuel to the fire.

Todays plan:

B:4 strips of bacon
                          L: 3 chicken thighs, salad, 2 small cucumbers
                          D: Grilled steak, mushrooms & spinach in butter
                          M: Krav ( i didnt go yesterday but i did walk 2 miles)
                          R: 8.5 hours
                          W: 156!

As long as I stick to this I will be fine but when I get home my cravings go crazy and I want SAD food like its crack!

Comment

Ok sugar monster is at bay...yesterday I didn't have any bad food. I made the primal brownies I posted the recipe for a week back, they were delicious! I added some dark chocolate to give it a sweeter taste. It serves 8 and I had one serving, it was soo delicious. I went to krav last night and earned a stripe so now I can test for my belt at the end of next month, I had a ton of energy and was able to do all of the exercises. They are timed and usually I gas out before the time is up but I kept with it.

B:3 strips of bacon & green tea (I gave of coffee so I can stop having dairy, I hope it helps me lose weight)
                            L: salad w/ 3 strips of bacon, homemade salad dressing
                            D: grilled chicken, grilled asparagus, spinach in butter
                            M: 2 mile walk with my friend (we are supposed to be doing couch to 5k but she has not exercised in years so its hard for her to get up and just start jogging)
                            R:8 hours
                            W: 155

I'm not sure if the walk will happen today, I have a tattoo consultation right after work and Im not sure how long that will last

Comment

Hi Kelly,
                              I've struggled with the "chip monster" this week - yesterday ate two bowls with dip, then threw the rest out and had a Primal dinner.

Today, couple of mouthfuls of Jasmine rice bc rice with butter makes me insanely happy,lol. The rest of the day I ate what was allowed.

I actually saw a Krav place locally while I was driving the other day - going to look into it.

What kind of home made salad dressing??

Do you buy organic bacon? I am always concerned bc it's "processed", but I can't stay away from bacon and lunch meat as a snack.

Are you getting a tattoo????
                              New Member March 2012

Comment

Hey Siouxzee:
                                Tattoo yes! I have a chest piece right now it says "love conquers all so lets too surrender to love" in Latin; I want to add on some henna like designs on my shoulders and attach it to the script. Krav is soo much fun, and you learn to kick ass! I use balsamic vinegar with olive oil for the dressing and I don't but organic bacon, Its processed but its soo delicious I cant stop! Chips are soo yummy! I have to stay away from them or I just eat and eat and eat....and dip yum!

I've given up on diary so that means I cant drink coffee bc I put HWC in it....I've been drinking green tea and haven't had any ill effects. I missed our apt for couch25k yesterday because of my tattoo consultation, but Its all set for May 2nd! So super super stoked!

Today will look like this:
                                B: 3 strips of bacon 2 egg fried with bacon
                                L: BBQ chicken, salad, 2 small cucumbers, homemade dressing
                                D: grilled chicken thighs, asparagus , spinach in butter( i keep saying im going to make then dont)
                                M: Um, 2 mile walk with my hubby...maybe
                                R: 10 hours

Comment

Working...
                                X