No announcement yet.

From Sick to Fit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to do a pull up the other day. I got an inch, maybe 2. That's progress, I started at 0! I've lost ten lbs in the last month too... feeling pretty good these days.
    There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
    Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Comment

yay Lisa!! that is awesome!! congrats!
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

OMG -- all those great lab results and a 2" pull-up, too???!!?!? Soooo impressive. You are definitely on the right path!
        My Journal 60 Is the New 40 (more musings, less stats) --
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46274.html

Comment

Hi Lisa!

It looks like I'm not the only one who has been away. Congratulations on your labs! Such phenomenal results! All of your hard work is paying off big time!

The 2 inch pullup is amazing. I do chair assisted, one leg pull ups, making it as hard as I can while still completing 10 of them.

Hope to see you here soon.
          I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

Hello, Lisa. Just read through your journal. I enjoyed it very much, though I got a little sad at the end, when I saw you weren't posting much any more. Hope it is just a fluke, and I'll be able to read lots more from you.
            And, it has been a few weeks now, since your blood pressure thing, but I wouldn't jump on a medication from three readings at a doctor's office. Get a cuff and take your own pressure a few times throughout the day for a month, to get an accurate picture of your pressure. You might just have white coat anxiety.
            Hope you are doing well.

Comment

I'm still around. Life has a way of getting in the way sometimes. Work has been really busy, and with the change in daylight, I'm finding I'm doing more things after work instead of jumping on the computer. Add to that: birthday parties, wedding showers, and other reasons to get together with friends and family... it just makes for not enough time in the day. I am not in weight loss mode at the moment after losing 10 lbs, regaining 2, I am happily stable. Do my workout every weekend and try the pull up. I'm still trying, don't know how long it will take but at least I don't grab the bar and just hang there. I actually move up an inch or two!

Last night when I got home, I got my bicycle out of storage. The tires need air. If the weather starts to cooperate, I should be riding by this weekend.
              There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
              Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Comment

Wednesday it did not rain and the sun was peeking out. It was a balmy 48 degrees up here in the PNW, so I decided to take a short bike ride on the trail. It felt so good! I only rode about 30 minutes but covered the same distance that last year took me 40 minutes, so I think that's progress. I have two small hills that I have to really put some leg power behind to get to the top. I wasn't sore at all yesterday, and I was expecting some soreness because my thighs had a good burn. I've only been working out twice a week, for about 30 minutes a workout. Concentrating on strength building. Every weekend I try my pull up, still haven't successfully done one yet, but I think I'm making more progress. At least I'm not just dangling from the overhead beam waiting for reverse gravity to kick in!

Comment

Another weekend drawing to a close. The weather in these parts was gorgeous and I took the opportunity to get in a good long bike ride. I did double what I'd done the ride before. It felt good, and I am pleased that there is little soreness. Also, and this is really, really good: the breathing issue I used to get when I'd first start my ride or have to pedal uphill is gone. I can breathe again! To me that is huge. No pain, no lung burning, no air hunger. That's the good news.

Bad new is, I've regained 4 of the lbs I lost in February. Dang it. I hadn't weighed myself in 2 or 3 weeks, subconscious avoidance? But I'm not ready to go into weight loss mode at the moment so I'll live with it or see if I can't melt it off by riding my bike. I have a goal to ride the entire 28 mile trail (56 rd trip) by the end of summer. Today, I did 8 miles, next weekend I'll double that. So, how did I gain those 4 lbs? Likely it was from the little potato chip bags at work, little freebie promotional things that are in baskets EVERYWHERE. Almost every work day, I've succumbed to the little salty crunchy chip monster. This week I will figure out how to wrestle that demon into submission.

Comment

Hi Lisa!!! I was just thinking about you this morning & wondering how you were doing!! Glad to see you are still with us!

Quite a few of us are really trying to not focus so much on the whole "gotta lose weight" thing & just trying to get healthy & manage our stress better. Did you see I started a group to help us beat the stress monster? If you want to join send your request & I'll approve you. Would love to have you join a bunch of us there!! I think its working out well!!

have a great evening!

Comment

• Woah, it's been too long since I checked in here. So many threads to get caught up on, but not enough time. Today, I am exhausted. Sometimes Life just throws a curveball at you and ya gotta deal. That's what I've been up to. A fellow employee went into the hospital and had an emergency 5 way heart bypass this week. That's a lot. Hope he heals well and speedy. In the meantime, a few of us are scrambling to cover his work and our own. So I've been putting in a lot of hours, and while I love my job, I also love the rest of my life and putting in too many hours makes it feel as though I don't have much for the rest of my life. sigh.

Last night I spent much of the night at the ER with my grandBeau, they decided to admit him for a day or two. Poor little guy has been so very sick for going on 10 days. They don't know what to make of it, but he seemed a little better today. It about broke my heart to see them putting IV lines into his little hand. He screamed bloody murder about that, and I felt anguished when he looked at me pleadingly to make those people stop trying to hurt him (well, he can't talk yet, but that's what his eyes were telling me).... and I was powerless. He perked up when I went to visit him after work today so I took him for a walk around the garden patio and up and down the stairs to see the fish tank. G'ma was sending him lots of good healing vibes.

The last meal I ate was yesterday at lunch. All I've eaten in between is a couple handfuls of pistachio nuts on the run. and coffee, lots of coffee. Does that count as IF? The funny thing is, I'm not even hungry, but I'm thoroughly exhausted having had only a couple hours of sleep.

Comment

• oh Lisa I'm so sorry to hear about your Beau!! and your coworker! I hope that they find out what is making him sick! Poor little guy. It is soooo hard when they're sick & can't tell you where it hurts! Its a horrible feeling. I will be sending out healing vibes for him & your coworker. I hope they are better soon.

Your body will tell you when you need to feed it again! In the meantime try & get some rest.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Comment

• Hi Lisa -- It's been a while since I checked in on your journal...so very sorry to read the news about your grandson, and the added stress of your coworker, too. Hopefully, things have improved all around by now, but I'm still thinking good thoughts for you.
                          My Journal 60 Is the New 40 (more musings, less stats) --
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46274.html

Comment

• We are all thinking of you, Lisa, and hope your little Beau is all well by now. I hope that a busy and full life are what is keeping you from the forums.
                            I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                            X