My Primal Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bellavida View Post
    I could switch to meat and fish. Especially fish...I went to Costco and got a bag of frozen Alaskan wild salmon filets. Having those for dinner a couple nights next week. Also bought some ground beef and pork....making me some paleo meatballs! And this morning for breakfast I had 2 organic-free range eggs, fried in organic coconut oil. Have you tried coconut oil yet? It's sooo good! They were probably the best eggs I've had. Even my husband noticed the difference.
    I'm going to have to try Costco. I keep hearing about people finding organic/grassfed/wild caught foods there. I have a Sam's membership and can't seem to find as much. I wonder if they would give me a day pass if I stopped in to check it out?
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45618.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
      Love Bulletproof coffee!
      Goodluck on your journey
      Hi Ayla!

I have discovered some delicious foods since going primal. Bulletproof coffee is definately high on the list. I did break down and order from the bulletproof exec cause I was getting frustrated trying to find the right stuff. We'll see if that takes it to another level!

Thanks for the support!
      Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
      CW 163
      GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Dave, since I had ground beef & mushrooms, and lettuce all on-hand, paleo tacos of some sort were in order. I happened upon the Nom Nom Paleo blog, and made the Asian Beef, Mushroom, Broccoli Slaw Lettuce cups. You must try. I did have to use the traditional soy sauce which I know is made with wheat, but I haven't been able to get the coconut aminos, and the traditional fish sauce. I'm also not giving up Sriracha either, there is sugar in it but a little goes a long way.

I usually go to Costco w/my sister who has a membership there. I also belong to Sam's, but find that the selection at Costco for organic/grass-fed/wild caught is bigger.

Comment

Dave, since I had ground beef & mushrooms, and lettuce all on-hand, paleo tacos of some sort were in order. I happened upon the Nom Nom Paleo blog, and made the Asian Beef, Mushroom, Broccoli Slaw Lettuce cups. You must try. I did have to use the traditional soy sauce which I know is made with wheat, but I haven't been able to get the coconut aminos, and the traditional fish sauce. I'm also not giving up Sriracha either, there is sugar in it but a little goes a long way.

I usually go to Costco w/my sister who has a membership there. I also belong to Sam's, but find that the selection at Costco for organic/grass-fed/wild caught is bigger.
          I found that blog too. Linked off somebody's sig somewhere. I just bought the ingredients for the cabbage recipe. Funny, I just try stuff, I have no idea, but she makes it look good!

Definately have to visit Costco...
          Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
          CW 163
          GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Saturday was a bad day overall. I was feeling like shit because of the wine Friday night and went for comfort food. For me that's chocolate. I didn't think I did terrible, but when I went back and looked, it was a large amount

So this morning on the weigh in I was up 1lb

The only thing I can do now it my best moving forward and drink alcohol with caution. After researching, I have found that tolerance does seem to go down when living primally...

Breakfast today was bulletproof coffee. I worked out before having lunch and did pretty well. I didn't suffer from a lack of energy at all.

Lunch was leftover paleo meatloaf with a spinach salad. Dinner was spicy sausage with grilled peppers. I finished eating around 6:30 so won't have regular food again until 12:30 tomorrow afternoon. Instead I'll have bulletproof coffee for breakfast.
            Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
            CW 163
            GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Down 1/2 pound today.

Exercise was P90X2 Plyocide at the end of my 18hr bulletproof coffee fast. I had great results. Still not bonking!

B - Bulletproof coffee

L- Baby spinach salad with mixed peppers, cucumber, tomato, 1/2 an avocado and a split chicken breast skin on, bone in.

D - Caldo de Res. My MIL's version of beef stew. I have them hooked on grass fed stew beef, but I'll have to watch out for too much carots and potato.
              Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
              CW 163
              GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Bummer, I just found out honey has 17g of carbs! I've been taking it with tea every night. There's no way I can hit ketosis and have it too...
                Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
                CW 163
                GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Yes....raw honey will be a rare treat now and then for me too. The paleo meatballs I made today calls for a good spoonful of raw honey, but since it was 3 pounds of meat, I'm not going to worry about that little amount in that recipe. I'm having a hot chai right now, with a splash of half/half and some maltodextrin-free stevia.

Comment

Yes....raw honey will be a rare treat now and then for me too. The paleo meatballs I made today calls for a good spoonful of raw honey, but since it was 3 pounds of meat, I'm not going to worry about that little amount in that recipe. I'm having a hot chai right now, with a splash of half/half and some maltodextrin-free stevia.

My next honey purchase will be raw. I'm working through a pretty big jar of regular honey I purchased from a farmer a couple months ago. Need to get through that first. I've been giving some away so about 1/2 way through now..

I'll also make the switch to stevia, but have a bunch of splenda. The stuff is expensive and I don't want to just keep buying things.

How were the meatballs? Did you say it was a nom nom paleo recipe?
                    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
                    CW 163
                    GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Lost another 1/2 pound this morning.

No exercise. Today is a rest day.

B - omega 3 eggs with 4 strips of bacon

L - split chicken breast with some top sirloin steak

D - paleo meatloaf with some roasted brussel sprouts

I started logging my food into myfitnesspal to track carbs and see I'm usually between 50 and 100 a day. I thought I was in ketosis, but don't think so if I'm not under 50. (but I'm still dropping 1/2 pound a day though )

Just had my success story in the making posted! Feels funny to open a webpage and see pictures of yourself
                      Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
                      CW 163
                      GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Well, I did it. I went to a conference over the weekend with a meal pass (they have an amazing dessert table) and ate very well. I'm sure nothing was organic/grassfed/free range etc...

OK, I did have a couple beers.

Here are my results so far. Almost a month in:

-10 punds
                        Attached Files
                        Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
                        CW 163
                        GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by dave155 View Post
                          Well, I did it. I went to a conference over the weekend with a meal pass (they have an amazing dessert table) and ate very well. I'm sure nothing was organic/grassfed/free range etc...

OK, I did have a couple beers.

Here are my results so far. Almost a month in:

-10 punds
                          Awesome! That stomach is looking a lot flatter. Right on track WITH beer? I'm jealous.
                          Starting weight: 225
                          Current weight: 195
                          Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                          Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                          My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

Originally posted by Lex26 View Post
                            Awesome! That stomach is looking a lot flatter. Right on track WITH beer? I'm jealous.
                            Hey, a guy has to live a little right?

Thanks for the kind words Lex!
                            Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
                            CW 163
                            GW 155

My Journal

Comment

You look great! After only a month! That's awesome! I miss beer too.

Comment

You look great! After only a month! That's awesome! I miss beer too.
                                Thanks!

I had a serious craving for chocolate and peanut butter yesterday. Not sure if the beer had anthing to do with it at all. My cravings had been gone for a couple weeks...
                                Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
                                CW 163
                                GW 155

My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X