Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year is all about my body and my health!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Sabine, glad you're enjoying my journal! Your name is German, any chance that's where your roots are from? I was born and raised in Northern Germany, hence the question Let me know the link to your journal if you are keeping one and I'll check it out!

Saturday for dinner I made cajun spiced shrimp wrapped in lettuce cups and topped with diced avocado & tomato, chipotle mayo, and some fried quail eggs - yummy!

Yesterday:
    B - two hard boiled eggs and two slices turkey bacon
    L - Meat & cheese plate with some strawberries, blackberries, pear, macadamias
    D - turkey burgers topped with feta, avocado, tomato and wrapped in a lettuce "bun"

I went to the gym again yesterday and did 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer and then did some more strength training. My buns and thighs are really sore today from the two intense weekend workouts. Today I plan on walking around the neighborhood in my VFFs since the sun is finally back.
    Last edited by anna-banana; 03-26-2012, 08:27 AM.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Comment

• Hey Anna - congrats on the promotion! and Im glad to see that a little set back with a few pounds hasn't made you give up. Got to have resolve to be healthy and look good and it seems you are there I was drinking a bit of wine the last couple of weeks - glass here, a bottle there, and I found that i was no where near as "awesome" as I normally am hhahah and my weight loss stagnated! So i'm going to attempt to have a week (or more) of no booze and see how I go at dropping some more kgs.

And how good is the sore buns! heheh! makes u feel like u have had a good workout

My Journal in Paleo Eating

Comment

• Yes, both my parents are from Hamburg. We got to visit many times when I was a kid, and I love that area. My journal is called 'Show, then aid - Sabine', if you'd like to check it out. (Sorry, I don't know how to do links!) It contains my food log, my (minimal) exercise, and plenty of musings on weight-related topics.
        Last edited by Sabine; 03-27-2012, 06:26 PM. Reason: Stray 'd' and spacing issues

Comment

• Thanks, Bamboozel! The drinking is definitely the only thing standing in the way of weight loss at this point! I've been tracking my food intake and it's perfectly balanced with around 100-120g protein, under 100g carbs (often less than 60g) and about 90-100g of fat per day. I've also been pretty active lately, so it's definitely the darn cocktails, beers, and wine. I'm going to quit the booze until my birthday, which is 2.5 weeks away. That should at least show some results on the scale!

Sabine, I found your journal and I have to say - you are quite the writer! I often wish that I could make my journal entries fun, witty, and entertaining - but then I end up having only about 5-10 minutes left in the day in which my creative juices simply don't get the flow that a witty post requires

So I'll just keep documenting my food, exercise and my lack of discipline when it comes to alcohol. Doesn't help having a wine fridge in your living room stocked with some amazing California wine country gems

Yesterday's food:
          B - Nothing, I wasn't hungry - just had some chamomile tea

L - 2 baked chicken drumsticks; mixed greens salad with radishes, mushrooms, 1 boiled egg, feta cheese, artichoke hearts, greek feta dressing (it was the last serving in the bottle and I didn't want to waste it - no more processed salad dressings from now on!)

D - We went to the Sharks hockey game, luckily there was an Armadillo Willy's BBQ stand there among all the hot dog & popcorn stands. I got some pork spareribs (4 of them) with a large side of spicy peanut cole slaw. Also had two beers and a handful of the candied almonds my boyfriend got - ooops!

We walked around for about 40 minutes before the game, so got some slow moving done. I also did some planks before going to bed.
          "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Comment

• Thank you.

And...

Wine fridge! You need to talk to Winencandy!

Comment

• I'll find Winencandy's journal!

Yesterday's food:
              B - 2 hard boiled eggs
              L - 1 oz. brie, 1 oz. cheddar, 1/4 pear, 1 oz. turkey deli meat, handful macadamias
              D - veal cutlets in a mushroom onion cream sauce, strawberries covered in dark chocolate for dessert, 2 glasses red wine (!!)
              S - a few more macadamias, 4 small tangerines

No exercise as I was swamped with work and then simply too lazy in the evening.

Comment

• Oh Akrasia... why did you have to do that to me? Yesterday started off so well - a pear for breakfast, veggie cream soup for lunch, and then there was the 5.30pm corporate meeting with nothing but 5 large boxes filled with pizza... Around 7pm I was starving and all good intentions were thrown out the window. Two carby slices. Then there was the cocktail reception after the meeting. That "only" went from 8-11pm. I held back and only had 3 glasses of red wine. Came home and decided it would be a grand idea to eat more pizza (which I intended to bring home for my boyfriend, not myself). 2 more slices and I hit the hay.

How am I feeling today? Tired and gassy and not happy with myself. Nonetheless it's time to move on and make today a primal day! No time to bathe in self-pity - time to look forward, not back!

B - one boiled egg
                L - 250g fresh strawberries & 8 chicken meatballs
                D - I will make a chicken, pineapple, onion thai curry tonight (no rice)

Oh yeah, and it's time to hit the gym tonight too! But now I'm going to get myself out of my office and go for a short walk.

Comment

• Hi Anna-Banana!

You know you are not alone! We all do this, and this is the place to tell all, get comfort, and move on. And hopefully learn from how cr*ppy we feel!

Too much wine here, too. I didn't buy any today on purpose, but now I'm looking at the bottles I have in the cupboard. And Pizza. If there is wine going down and pizza available at dinner time, it goes down too easily. You'll be fine soon.

Tomorrow is a new day!
                  I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Now, when I am confronted by pizza, I only eat the toppings, the crust doesn't even tempt me. You'll get to that point, too. But do a quick check in with your brain, because I have found a lot of people on the forum seem to get stuck in the 'how will it look' frame of mind (me, too, sometimes). Did you want the crust, or was it just handy to get the toppings up to your mouth? Or did you even think of it? We are told so often as children not to play with our food, to eat it all, to appreciate what others have brought, that we often don't even consider disassembling the food available to get at the good parts. And, let's face it, that yummy combo of tomato sauce, spices, meats and cheese is GOOD.
                    Sorry about your unhappy tummy. Hope it passes quickly.

Comment

• Thank you for the encouragement, Cave Woman and Sabine! I'm definitely feeling better now as I ate very primal yesterday and am doing it today as well.

Sabine, you have a point about the toppings vs. crust. There were no utensils in the meeting room, and pulling the toppings off with my bare hands and stuffing them into my mouth might have looked a little too....well...primal to my fellow colleagues
                      If I ever have pizza lying around at home I will certainly consider just eating the toppings. The crust tasted like cardboard to me anyway - I sure have lost the taste for grains.

Yesterday I threw 2 cut up chicken breasts into the wok along with a sliced onion and sauteed it in lots of coconut oil - ahhhh, the smell in my kitchen reminded me of a tropical vacation. I added from fresh diced pineapple and dumped a jar of Trader Joe's thai curry sauce in the wok. I checked out the ingredients of the sauce prior and there were only a couple of "not-so-primal" ingredients way at the bottom of the list, so I figured instead of wasting money and throwing it out I should use it up. Overall still a lot healthier than the processed crap I used to consume! I did make a tiny bit of rice (I probably had 1/4 cup) with the curry as I needed something to sop up the delicious sauce. Next time I will attempt to make cauliflower rice.

Today:
                      B - medium banana and decaf green tea
                      L - 8 small chicken meatballs; raw sliced tomato with feta cheese and drizzled with garlic olive oil and balsamic vinegar
                      D - the boyfriend is planning on making lamb sirloin steaks.

Comment

• Way to get back into the Paleo/Primal lifestyle, Anna!
                        I'm so glad that you are just getting back to it and not thinking about the mess-ups that with other lifestyles makes us a neurotic mess!
                        Good for you!
                        Cheers!
                        48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Comment

• Can't believe I've gone several days without posting. I went snowboarding with my boyfriend Sunday and Monday. Our meals were mostly primal, but I did have a couple of beers apres ski, which made me kind of have this phlegmy wheat cough for a few minutes... Time to stick to wine exclusively I guess.

Snowboarding was quite the workout and I'm sore everywhere. Compared to last year's snowboarding days (non-primal diet at that time), I've noticed that I had a lot of energy all day and wasn't starving like I used to by the time the mountain closed.

Yesterday:
                          B - only a half dozen macadamias
                          L - In-n-Out burger protein style (wrapped in lettuce) with two patties, cheese, pickles and grilled onions
                          D - 2 home-made turkey burgers wrapped in lettuce and topped with sliced tomato, fried quail egg, chipotle mayo and feta cheese

Comment

• Yesterday:
                            B - nothing
                            L - big salad at work: spinach & mixed greens, cauliflower, beets, red cabbage, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, boiled chopped egg, a few slices grilled chicken breast, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinaigrette
                            D - the boyfriend made veal saltimbocca: veal cutlets sauteed in lots of butter topped with prosciutto and fresh sage - super delicious and primal!
                            S - a handful of chexmix - not primal, i know...
                            Alcohol? None.
                            Exercise? None.

I'm doing really well with intermittent fasting. It's easiest for me to skip breakfast since herbal tea holds me over until noon most days. Then a big salad for lunch around 12-1pm and then dinner around 6-7pm. That way I also eat within a 7-hour window.

Comment

• Yay it's Friday!!! Looking forward to relaxing this weekend, cleaning the house up and getting some exercise in (perhaps even outside since the sun is finally back).

Yesterday:
                              B - apple
                              L - cup of chili soup at work (some beans in there); medium salad with lots of veggies, boiled egg & chicken breast slices
                              D - 1 BBQ sauce basted grilled chicken breast, 1 medium steamed artichoke with seasoned mayo dip, heirloom tomatoes topped with some mozzarella and olive oil
                              Alcohol? 1 glass white wine, 1 beer - beer gave me wheat cough again - when will I learn????
                              Exercise? Unfortunately not.

Today I skipped breakfast again and just had a handful of macadamias and some herbal tea. For lunch I made a salad at home with whatever we had left in the fridge. It turned out fantastic: mixed organic greens tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette, topped with mushrooms, heirloom tomato, jarred artichoke hearts, feta cheese, fried bacon bits, and 3 fried quail eggs. Sooooooo goooooood!
                              photo.jpg

Comment

• Wow!! Look at that Primal meal!
                                I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X