Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year is all about my body and my health!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Cave Woman!

I've been busy this past week and haven't posted in a while. Altogether it's been a 80/20 primal week.

B: chicken patty topped with tomato slices and two fried eggs; 2 fish oil capsules, 1 One-A-Day Women's
    L: 2 grilled sausages, sliced tomatoes topped with garlic olive oil, dried basil, and crumbled bleu cheese
    D: going to make cajun shrimp lettuce cups with avocado, tomato, chipotle mayo and fried quail eggs

Going for a long walk in a little while after I finish work. Tomorrow our entrance doors are getting painted so I will have to be home for a while (since they can't be closed until dry) so I will probably just take advantage of the nice weather and lay by the pool.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Comment

• Sounds like you must have tomatoes in season there. Mmmm. Can't wait to have a REAL tomato.

Comment

• Yes, I picked up some amazing tomatoes a couple of days ago and I've been putting them into pretty much every dish. I am really craving them, too. Generally when I crave a food badly for several days, it means that my body is missing a vitamin or mineral present in that food. I know they are high in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Lycopene (providing the carotene, especially when cooked), so it might be one of them.

Last night I was just not hungry so I didn't end up making the shrimp lettuce cups. I just had a glass of red wine and 4 small pieces of dark ginger chocolate later in the evening.

Stats for yesterday:
        1221 calories
        58 g protein
        77 g fat
        47 g carbs

My protein count was a little low since I "abandoned" my shrimp dinner, but most days it's in a perfect range, so I'm not too worried about it. Still got a decent amount of fat in me yesterday for fuel and the carbs were kept eat an optimal low.

My boyfriend and I went for a 30-minute walk after work yesterday in the sunshine. Today the painters are coming so I had an early start to tidy the place up a bit.
        "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Comment

• Mark's post this morning inspired me and I went for a 30-minute walk around the neighborhood instead of lazing around in bed checking emails on my phone. It felt good to be active and wake up the muscles before sitting at my work desk all day. My target is to hit 4 hours of concious moving this week. By conscious I mean that I will exclude activities such as grocery shopping, walking to my car, etc. Only actual walks/hikes/bike rides/swims will count. Since I only started today and didn't move yesterday, I need to hit 40 minutes per day on average (240 minutes / 6 days). That sounds totally reasonable! For today I only have 10 minutes left... I will knock those out during lunch time by taking a walk.

Comment

• Oh, no! Another person doing it! Looks like I'm going to have to join in despite myself.
            How did all the painting go?

Comment

• Yes, Sabine, join the challenge! The painting went smoothly and our doors are looking shiny and new

We went to the Giants baseball game last night and took the train so I got another 15 minutes of walking in from the train station to the stadium and back. That left me at 45 minutes for the day, 5 minutes above my daily average that I need to get to. The food at the stadium didn't end up being all that primal - they sure have few options and everything is with some sort of bread. I ended up eating some clam chowder (minus the bread bowl it came in), 1/2 pulled pork sandwich topped with cole slaw and some garlic fries. I did stop after 2 beers though and I am feeling OK today.

I'm planning on hitting the gym tonight after work - some walking on the treadmill and some weight training.

Comment

• I'm totally going to fail my walking challenge if I don't shape up over the next 3 days! There was zero moving on Wednesday and yesterday besides going to my car, etc. I am disappointed, but not yet giving up!
                Action plan for the next 3 days
                Today: 80-minute walk/hike (Stanford Dish) after work; this will bring me up to 2 hours walking
                Saturday: 1-hour bike ride or walk; bringing me to 3 hours
                Sunday: 2-hour hike; bringing me above my 4-hour goal to 5 hours walking

I've been pretty good with food. My breakfasts mainly consist of a small apple or a banana. Lunch is usually a big salad or a bowl of soup and a small salad; dinners are protein and veggies. Last night was an exception when I went out to dinner and had a lobster risotto. I felt fine after eating all that rice though.

Comment

• Hi Anna!
                  Get some walky-walk time in tomorrow, after reading the Sunday paper (if you do that, I dunno...)?
                  Hang in there kiddo!
                  Cheers!
                  48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Comment

• This week is crazy busy which is a bummer since the weather is amazing. I am leaving for Orlando for work again on Saturday and there's plenty of other work to finish up before my trip. Staying primal though and trying to squeeze in movement.

Yesterday:
                    B - one banana
                    L - small salad (mixed greens, mushrooms, cauliflower, grilled chicken); bowl of golden beet soup (only ate half of it, it was too sweet for my taste)
                    D - massive rib eye steak and two small portobello mushrooms stuffed with bell pepper, onion, fresh rosemary and goat cheese/parmesan (delicious - see pic at bottom)
                    S - couple of slices of prosciutto and goat cheese; 6 strawberries

We went for a 30-minute after dinner walk around the neighborhood and I planked a bunch in front of the TV in the evening. I also did 4 loads of laundry yesterday, which equalled a decent amount of heavy lifting up and down the stairs and moving around while folding and placing everything in the closets.

Today I am hoping to catch some sunshine at lunch time and also get at least a 15-minute walk in after lunch and then a longer one after work tonight.

photo.jpg

Comment

• WOW!
                      That's one big ribeye!
                      -C
                      48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Comment

• Charlie, it was so big that I didn't need breakfast this morning

Today:
                        B - just a small latte
                        L - big ass salad (mixed greens, mushrooms, grilled asparagus, broccoli, grilled chicken breast, radishes, chopped boiled egg, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinaigrette)
                        D - another massive grilled rib eye steak and one medium steamed artichoke with garlic aioli; 1/2 glass white wine

I went for a 30-minute walk after lunch in the sunshine - it was so much easier to focus again in the afternoon at work after clearing my head a little during my walk.
                        After dinner tonight my boyfriend and I rode our comfort bikes to downtown (15 minutes each way for 30 minutes total riding) and walked around downtown for 40 minutes while slurping a scoop of ice cream.

All the walking right after eating makes me feel great! The mild warm weather also makes it nice to go outside after dinner rather than just hunkering down on the couch.

Comment

• I had an unlucky bike accident the evening before leaving for my Orlando work trip and messed my ribs up pretty badly along with lots of open wounds, scrapes and bruises on my knees, legs, shoulders, and hands. The work trip was hence miserable and I was not able to exercise until today. The frustration of that and the physical pain and the crappy food in Orlando made for a 3-lb gain thanks to lots of grain-filled meals and wine and more wine.

I am back on track as of yesterday and happy to be home, healed, and looking forward to living primal again and dropping those pounds. This morning I did 2.7 miles on the stair master (30 minutes) and then walked the neighborhood just now for 45 minutes in the sunshine with my boyfriend.

Food today
                          B - 2 hard boiled eggs, handful of fresh cherries, small nectarine
                          L - grilled bone-in pork shoulder chop; cucumber and tomato salad with feta cheese, olive oil, and fresh dill
                          D - we are going to be grilling up New York steaks and I will steam artichokes and make garlic aioli

Glad to be back on here!

Comment

• Whoa! I'm sorry to hear about your accident, Anna-banana, and glad you are back.

Comment

• MAN!
                              Anna-Girl, I'm sorry you got hurt too! Get well soon!
                              I was worried about you, since you haven't been on in awhile!
                              Feel better and get ripped!

Comment

• Thanks, Sabine and Charlie for your kind words! I'm glad it wasn't worse and the injuries were mostly superficial and have healed by now (minus a lump of scar tissue right below my ribs where the bike handle jammed in

I've been eating very well this last week - lots of grilled meats with veggies or salads on the side. Plenty of eggs and bacon in the morning and just a piece or two of dark chocolate as a treat. I haven't had any alcohol since Tuesday (I noticed that I had been drinking too much with all the work trips, holidays, etc.) and feel great. Hopefully this will ramp up the weight loss. I have also been trying to limit my dairy intake (boo no more cheese plates).

My trips to the gym are getting more frequent also - I have noticed that I just do better in the gym than going for walks. Somehow I always weasel my way out of the walks, but am dedicated to hitting the gym if I have planned on it. Whatever works I guess I've been mixing some cardio and strength training.
                                Sunday: 30 minutes on the stair master; 15 minutes on the elliptical
                                Monday: 2-hour outdoor bike ride on my road bike (25 miles total)
                                Tuesday: 20-minute walk in my neighborhood
                                Wednesday: 15 minutes on the treadmill at very high incline; 30 minutes weight/strength training
                                Thursday: 20 minutes stair master; 20 minutes strength training
                                Today: resting besides planking about once every hour to stretch my muscles from sitting at the desk all day

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends. I picked a spanish place that served lots of grilled fish with veggies, so I am covered on my primal food there. I might be tempted to have one glass of wine with dinner. I am working all day tomorrow, so that will fortunately keep me from having more than one drink.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X