Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year is all about my body and my health!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmmmm.

Comment

• I hope everyone had a good Easter weekend! I indulged in a bit of champagne on Saturday and some red wine last night with dinner, but ate very primal.

Saturday:
      B - slowly scrambled eggs with pancetta, green onions, mushrooms, and a little bit of parmesan
      L - Purple cauliflower mash (so beautiful looking and scrumptious) with thai green curry (chikcen, red bell pepper, onion, pineapple)
      D - Beef burger wrapped in lettuce with tomato and a fried quail egg

Sunday:
      B - "quiche in prosciutto cups (see photo below) - line a mini muffin cup with a 1/2 slice of prosciutto and fill with egg mixture (beaten eggs with a drop of heavy cream, sliced green onions, sprinkle of parmesan, chopped fresh rosemary, dash of cayenne, cracked fresh pepper,) - bake at 400 for 12 minutes. Such a fun brunch item!!! I made 8 total for my boyfriend and myself and we had some fresh pineapple and strawberries with it
      L - Cheese and meat plate, macadamias
      D - green salad, stuffed mushrooms, eggplant mush, grilled jumbo shrimp, grilled lamb chops and asparagus, baked pears and scoop of ice cream for dessert

I didn't get to "exercise" this weekend, but did a lot of slow moving. On Saturday we were shopping for several hours for my upcoming birthday party next weekend and at night I helped a friend unpack for 4 hours that just moved into a new apartment. Yesterday was a couch kind of day.

photo.jpg
      25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
      "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
      Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Comment

• Today was a good day! Good days give me motivation to have more good days

B - black tea (was still full from last night's dinner)
        L - leftovers: 2 lamb chops and 2 asparagus spears
        D - salad: mixed greens, cocktail tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, red bell pepper, 2 fried quail eggs, feta cheese, olive oil & balsamic vinegar
        Alcohol? Nope
        Exercise? Went for a 75-minute hilly walk after work in the beautiful sunshine (yay Vitamin D); 3 sets of planks
        "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Comment

• hey anna!! beautiful food pictures! loved the quiche in prosciutto cups...those look soooo good! Your food makes my mouth just water they sound & look so good!! Definitely gonna try the quiche one! have a good evening!
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Thanks, primal cajun! I love taking pictures of the food that I cook at home.

B: 1 small orange
            L: 2 hard boiled eggs, 130 grams fresh pineapple, 150 grams fresh strawberries
            D: 7-bone pot roast cooked in the slow cooker for 8 hours along with onions, celery, carrots, and herbs - our kitchen smells heavenly and I can't wait to eat this in 30 minutes!
            S: 6 macadamias, 2 small tangerines

I was craving a lot of fresh fruit today (maybe my body was in need of some Vitamin C), but I still am managing to keep the carbs under 80g for the day.
            Alcohol? One glass of red wine
            Exercise? Cleaning out our storage room tonight, so that will be a decent amount of lifting, carrying, and walking around

Comment

• Yesterday's food:

B: 1 boiled egg, two small tangerines
              Late Lunch (at restaurant)ne small ahi tuna "taco" (I removed the soft small tortilla and just ate the ahi tuna with the spicy cabbage & avocado); 6 spicy chicken wings with blue cheese dressing; one pulled pork "slider" (again removed the bun and just ate the juicy pork that was topped with cabbage)
              D: fresh strawberries, macadamia nuts, little bit of hard goat cheese, one small pear, 1 oz. brie, turkey deli meat
              Exercise? Lots of slow walking throughout the day
              Alcohol? 2 glasses champagne, one glass red wine

Comment

• It was my birthday Friday and as a result I had a not so primal weekend start. Lots of champagne and a bunch of ice cream cake, bacon chocolate cupcakes and other sugar-filled stuff. Now my energy level is low. Yesterday I was doing better for the most part:

B - nothing, I figured I didn't need food after all the indulging. Went tot he gym instead on an empty stomach and had a good workout: 20 minutes on the treadmill at high incline and then 35 minutes strength training with weights. Feeling my muscles today
                L - big salad with radishes, 2 boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, feta cheese, cucumbers, mushrooms and bell pepper
                S - macadamias, some cheese, couple of tangerines, 2 glasses of champagne
                D - one leftover bacon chocolate cupcake with a scoop of ice cream

Time to get back to primal now! I need some energy for this work week!

Comment

• Happy Birthday Dear Annnnnaaaaa!!!!
                  Happy Birth-day toooo Youuuuuuu!!!!!
                  I hope you had a fantastic one kiddo!
                  Cheers!
                  48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Comment

• Thanks, Charlie!!!

Today I made up for all the bad I did to my body over the weekend and my energy is already back! I love that I can bounce back so easily after a failure day or two by simply eating primal again - sure proves that it's working!

B - sauteed chicken patty topped with sauteed mushrooms & green onions and two fried eggs (everything was sauteed in left-over bacon fat - mmmmmm)

L - nothing, was full from breakfast

S - decaf green tea and 6 macadamias

D - 1 jumbo artichoke with some aioli dip; small bowl of chicken curry with onions and red bell pepper

Stats:
                    1085 calories
                    77 g protein
                    71 g fat
                    47 g carbs

Alcohol? Nope
                    Exercise? 1-hour brisk walk around the neighborhood and park

Comment

• The weather is beautiful in the SF Bay Area this week, I'm exciting for lots of play in the sun this upcoming weekend! Will also go for a walk after work today to catch some rays.

Yesterday:

B: nothing
                      L: small salad (greens, radishes, mushrooms, 1 boiled egg, turkey deli meat); small bowl of chicken curry with bell pepper & onions
                      D: Went to happy hour, but ordered primal seafood - 3 scallops and 3 jumbo prawns sauteed in tequila butter, hamachi ceviche, 3 ferrero rocher chocolates for dessert

Alcohol? One glass white wine, two glasses champagne
                      Exercise? Walk around downtown after dinner for 20 minutes

Comment

• Well, yesterday started well and ended poorly - haha.

L: small bowl of bigus (sliced sausage in red cabbage and sauerkraut); small salad with turkey, egg, radishes, and avocado
                        D: We went to the Giants baseball game. We got a stadium hot dog with sauerkraut and split it in half. I didn't eat the bun, so that was good. Then we got garlic fries - probably deep fried in canola oil... and then we got buttered popcorn. I also had a lot of beer and I have a total grain hangover today. Woke up at 4am and couldn't sleep again until 6am and am feeling nauseated.

Food wise it wasn't all that horrible I guess apart from the popcorn, but the beers were a bad idea for my body. I need to stick with wine!

Alcohol? Yes, see above
                        Exercise? Went for a 30-minute walk around the neighborhood in the sun after lunch

Comment

• And it's another beautiful, sunny day in Northern California! So exited for the weekend!

Yesterday
                          L: small bowl of bigus
                          S: one slice pepper jack, 6 macadamias, one tangerine
                          D: beef, broccoli & green onion stir fry in the wok
                          S: strawberries, 1/3 pear, macadamias, slice of turkey deli meat, 1 oz. brie

Comment

• We had friends in from San Diego for the weekend and there were quite a few not so primal drinks involved. Food wise I stayed primal for the most part. Friday night dinner was a rack of ribs, cole slaw and green beans. Saturday I made fritatta with pancetta and leeks for brunch. At night we went out for dinner again. I had some salmon tartare, oysters, wild king salmon over lava bean puree and my boyfriend and I shared a kobe beef trio dish consisting of short rib, sirloin, and belly. I did have a couple of spoonfuls of the creme brûlée dessert.
                            Sunday brunch was dim sum in China town - I focused on the roast duck, chili green beans, pepper short ribs and steamed meatballs and only had some small bites of dumplings and pork buns. We skipped lunch and made pork chops and artichokes for dinner last night. I also indulged in some dark chocolate later.
                            There was a decent amount of slow walking over the weekend, dancing on Friday and Saturday night, and I laid out by the pool yesterday for 1.5 hours soaking in some Vitamin D.

Today I skipped breakfast, just ate a big salad for lunch and will make bacon wrapped drumsticks for dinner tonight.

Comment

• I'm not much of a drinker, but after a long, exhausting day on Saturday I was thinking, 'hmm, a shot of alcohol with some cream and sugar-free chocolate syrup(I know, I know) sounds like it would be great. But there was nothing left from the fruitcake I made at Christmas time. Think I need to invest in a bottle of brandy so that at least my alcohol (if not the syrup) will be primal the next time I get the urge.
                              (Yes, I consider brandy primal. It's made from grapes!)

Comment

• Hi Anna!

Happy belated birthday!!!

I've been away, but I'm glad to see you are still here and enjoying the (mostly) Primal life!
                                “I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X