X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much wine.
    Oh, well.
    It happens
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

Yes, WnC, wine happens. So does chocolate.

Yesterday went well. I ate appropriately, played and danced for an hour or so. 8 hours of sleep. No wine.
      I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

Woo hoo!!! I looked at my records from starting PB, and I was actually 3 pounds heavier than I had previously thought. The good news is that I stepped on the scale this morning and am 11 pounds lighter than I was on December 26th, my starting date! Yipee! I've lost 12 inches in my torso measurements - chest, bust, ribs, waist, abdomen, and hips. Even with a fair amount of wine and chocolate, the Primal Blueprint works just fine for me. I am so thrilled!!!

Today I lifted heavy things.
        50 bench squats
        30 bent knee push ups
        10 2-legged chair assist pull ups (I'm supporting myself more and more with my arms)
        20 elevated jack knife presses
        forearm-knee plank 90 seconds front, 60 seconds each side.

My shoulders and arms feel so much more muscular already. LHT twice a week or so is giving me great results with no soreness. I keep progressing in my abilities and it's only been a month. I'm very happy with Primal exercise and its effects.

Later I'll go dancing - that's play and exercise in one!

Last night the Cave Man noticed how much thinner I am. It's nice to have my efforts be noticed.

I finally purchased some organic, local unsalted butter to try bulletproof coffee. Not sure if that will be today or tomorrow, but I will give it a try. Everyone talks about how good it is.

I put the Primal Blueprint Cookbook on hold at the library. We are excellent cooks, but I look forward to a host of new ideas.
        I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Comment

Wow, 11 pounds is great! Wish I could figure out what works for me.......

Oops. Too much wine, poor food choices. Go directly to jail, do not pass Go. (Perhaps that last should read "go directly Primal, do not make excuses"
          lol, love this!
          Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
          Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
          "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

Thanks, Ottercat! It was my first month, and I do expect weight loss to slow down a bit in the next few months, as I've already gotten rid of that old water weight. 5 pounds a month would be fab! We shall see.

You'll figure out what works for you. As you know, there is tons of good advice here at MDA.

Comment

Yay Cave Woman!! That is awesome! Isn't it a great feeling? I too am down 11.4 pounds & am still so excited about this whole concept!! I started on Dec. 20th...but didn't get really serious until Jan. 3rd. I wake up in the morning & can't wait to see what surprise the scale has for me!! I don't feel "cheated" at all, do you? I'm eating good foods & feeling great! What an adventure!!

have a great evening!!
              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Congratulations, PrimalCajun! We eat so well it is hard to feel cheated. A friend asked if I felt better. I had to think about it. I didn't feel bad before, but I do have more energy and don't have that 'blah' feeling anymore. And my button front shirts don't have "gaposis" anymore!

Comment

So I tried bulletproof coffee. Eh. I had some lovely local organic unsalted butter and some virgin coconut oil, whipped it up to a frothy head. But it is not for me. I really prefer my coffee with a splash of heavy cream. But I prefer myself without coffee at all. I gave it up almost completely, just having a cup or two a month the last few years. I don't know why I think I can drink it now. It makes me grind my teeth, be cranky and impatient with people (including myself), makes my skin itch, my heart race, and makes me crave carbohydrates. I think it really triggers a huge and long lasting insulin response in me, as I had read it does in some women. I sound like a broken record about this. When it comes to coffee, just say "NO!", Cave Woman!

I just realized that coffee feeds my dragon. Now I get what Winencandy means. Repeat to self: coffee = dragon.

Comment

step away from the coffee! lol, sorry that happens. Coffee is one habit I have not even tried to tackle, except to limit it to the first few hours in the morning. I used to drink it 24/7! Now I switch to water or green tea by 10 am. But I'm with you on the Bulletproof coffee, no thanks, I'll just have heavy cream. If I was not going to eat all day, then I might try the Bullet stuff, maybe.

So awesome to see everyone's success so far!
                    There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
                    Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Comment

GoLisaGo, the bulletproof made me extra hungry. Just my biology.

Today I went on a job interview (yes, I'm a self employed artist, but in this economy...) so I dressed up a bit in nice slacks and a shirt I got last summer. I really look slimmer!!! There's plenty to come off yet, but the once tight pants are loose and the once stretched shirt is looser and flattering. I got the job right away, before they even interviewed the others who had applied! No, it wasn't the clothes, but rather my stellar interview persona, and the fact that I had done some work with one of them before and people had called in to tell them that my skills and personality make me perfect for the job. But feeling good about myself sure didn't hurt!

I have a public performance this weekend (my group is comic relief in this annual event) and I am so glad to be slimmer than last year. I won't cringe so much when the photos get posted on Facebook.

Comment

Congrats on the job! I love the way my shirts now "hang" on my body, instead of getting caught up on that belly pooch, and the way I don't have to suck in to button the pants. It's awesome, and getting better. Eventually I'll need some different clothes, but I've kept a handful of outfits in a size smaller. I keep them in one of those under the bed containers and pull it out every now and then to try on a few things. Hoping this summer they will fit!
                        There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
                        Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Comment

Thanks, Lisa!

I keep old clothes under the bed, too. I have more than just a few, but then again I'll be getting rid of the clothes I wear now in the next few months. It's very exciting!

Comment

Congrats on the job, Cave Woman! Extra moolah never hurts And yay to looking slimmer in your clothes. Soon they'll be falling off you!
                            25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
                            "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
                            Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Comment

Congratulations on the new job Cave Woman!!! That's awesome! And I'm sure you were just radiating good vibes that made them want you!!

I too have some "thinner" clothes that I haven't been able to wear in a long time. Am slowly getting back into some of them!! It is an amazing (I seem to use that word a lot!!! ) & a fantastic feeling! I hesitate to buy anything right now as I know it won't be long & I'll have lost some more fat. I will have to buy me a couple pairs of pants soon tho. The one's I've been wearing are getting awfully loose & I have to keep pulling them up!!! LOL What a great feeling & you're right it IS exciting!
                              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Cave Woman? How are you doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X