Writing on the Cave Wall - Cave Woman's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is, and I mis-spelled Anna-Banana
    I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

oooo thank you!! going over there now! I love her blog!!!
      thanks!!!
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
        oooo thank you!! going over there now! I love her blog!!!
        thanks!!!
        Yay, I just stumbled upon a virtual compliment!!! Will check yours out on the couch tonight!
        25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
        "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
        Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Comment

How fun to introduce you two!

I've had a wonderful birthday so far. My friend made me a grain-free chocolate cake with whipped cream to top it. Then we went for a five mile snowshoe with several dogs on this gorgeous sunny day. Lots of calls with birthday wishes, and sharing a bottle of wine and some primal appetizers with friends. Tonight, a great Chinese meal and fireworks. Happy year of the Dragon, everybody!
          I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Comment

Happy Birthday to you too! Hope this year brings you lots of success, joy, laughter, etc

and bacon
            Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
            Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
            "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

It sounds like you had a perfect primal birthday!

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Happy Happy Birthday Cave Woman!!! Glad you had a great day & evening!!
                birthday hugs!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  It sounds like you had a perfect primal birthday!

what she said ^
                  "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                  "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse
                  "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                  "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

Thanks for all the wonderful birthday wishes!

We had salad rolls last night with shrimp, tons of veggies, and wrapped in those rice paper wrappers. With an incredible spicy peanut sauce. I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart racing. I think the rice paper was too many carbs for me. I'm such a delicate flower.

No puffyness today, though, and the scale is even down a bit. I think I'll start the day with some bulletproof coffee, bacon, and eggs.

Comment

Happy belated birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great day with friends and lots of delicious primal foods!
                      25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
                      "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
                      Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Comment

Yes, Happy Belated Birthday! Those salad wraps sound good. Wonder if you could do it as a lettuce wrap instead of rice paper? Tonight the spouse had a peanut butter and bacon romaine boat for a snack. I skipped it, but damn, it looked appetizing.
                        There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
                        Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Comment

Originally posted by GoLisaGo View Post
                          Yes, Happy Belated Birthday! Those salad wraps sound good. Wonder if you could do it as a lettuce wrap instead of rice paper? Tonight the spouse had a peanut butter and bacon romaine boat for a snack. I skipped it, but damn, it looked appetizing.
                          Thank you, Lisa! OOhh! as lettuce wraps! What a great idea! I felt so logy after eating all that rice paper!

As a formerly vegetarian friend said recently "everything is better with bacon"!

Lots of exclamation points in this post. Hmmmm....

Comment

The celebrating continued. I gave away the rest of the cake, but I have been having too much wine and chocolate. No grains though, not even in the cake. Time to clean up the act. Except next Saturday, which is a huge festival of craziness in my town.

I have an old scale. How old? about 35 years. It weighs you differently depending where you stand on it. Lean a little forward and instantly you gain four pounds. Lean back a touch and it disappears. Step on it in the same place four times in a row and get four different weights. Magic weight loss!!! But never more than four pounds. People have told me that even with these fluctuations my rickety old scale is about four pounds light. While weight is not the focus of PB, it can be an indication of progress in losing body fat. So I broke down and got a new scale. Nothing fancier than my $20 would buy me, but I am (and was) four pounds heavier than I thought previously. Sigh.... I've changed my signature to reflect that.

Comment

good job on the celebrating Cave Woman!! I laughed about your scale. My old one also weighed 4 pounds to heavy. This new one seems to be right on tho. And it also tells me what my percentage of hydration is. That number has gone up, while the "other" number that really counts has gone down!

have a good evening!

Comment

Did I say time to clean up my act? Not quite there yet. Not yesterday at least

Food
                                Breakfast: bacon and fried eggs
                                Lunch: Peanut butter, butter and honey on a thin slice of French bread (my first grain since New Years Eve! Probably the most non-primal meal since I started.)
                                Cocktail time: Ended up splitting a bottle of red wine with a friend. Bad idea on an empty stomach! Went out to dinner and ordered sauteed walleye with french fries and cole slaw. Very good, very non-primal. What's that song? "Oops! I did it again" Had more than a bit of a hangover today.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
                                Danced with my parade group for an hour or so. Worked up a big-time sweat. Laughed lots.

Sleep, Sun & Play
                                Only about 6 hours for some reason.
                                Too cloudy.
                                Played with friends - see above.

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
                                Oops. Too much wine, poor food choices. Go directly to jail, do not pass Go. (Perhaps that last should read "go directly Primal, do not make excuses"

That was yesterday. Today is better so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X