No announcement yet.

Writing on the Cave Wall - Cave Woman's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about selling the trays to Replacements.com?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
      What about selling the trays to Replacements.com?
      Thanks for stopping by!

That is a great idea, Honeybuns! I kind of ran out of steam after perusing Ebay for a while and put my treasures away. I will contact Replacements and see what they will pay. If nothing else, I can melt them down to make jewelry since I am a silversmith by trade.
      I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Three bags of handbags and shoes for the second hand. And this is just a first go. In my tiny 2 1/2 foot closet. It feels good to move it on.
        I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Comment

• I inherited a few silver spoons. They may be plated rather than solid, I have no clue, I am tempted to find out now though as I would wear silver jewellery... A few years ago, I had a ring custom made for husband and by the time the design cost was factored in I thought I may as well bite the bullet and have it match his wedding ring, so 18C white gold it was then...the ring is very beautiful though...

How cool to be a silversmith and make people's dreams a reality,
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Hi Badgergirl,

It sounds like the ring you had made was gorgeous! I don't do custom work so much as make my own designs and send them out to stores and galleries around the country. And online, of course. So I guess I make my dreams a reality, and other people seem to like them.

Comment

• I was wondering about that - but perhaps it is that your dreams are of surpassing beauty and sharing them is a gift.

Husband had a silver ring he picked up in the Queen Vic market when I first knew him and the band snapped so it pinched him. I borrowed it to take to a jeweller to have copied and I... LOST IT

Years later, long after he had forgiven me and perhaps forgotten the ring, I found a jeweller who works from drawings and makes custom moulds. I found the same design (celtic running dogs from a medieval manuscript) on a dog collar of all things - emailed it to the jeweller, a lot of money and three weeks later took delivery of THE RING. It is not the same as the original (which was thinner, rounder and rougher, as if made from wire) but it is a stunning piece of craft.
              Last edited by badgergirl; 01-18-2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• A great story, BG! So lucky you found the same design. Is it like this one?

Comment

• A busy day of cleaning and tidying. I woke up to a mess of spilled stuff on the stove, so I started to clean and found it went deeper so my cleaning morphed to include the burner pans and the mess beneath them. What the heck, thinks I, and I found a diy oven cleaner online. Made that and set the oven to soaking.

After last night's purging of handbags and shoes, my t-shirts drawer was calling. This KonMari tidying is kind of addictive. Got through with the t-shirts, purged, folded and sorted. Onto the other shirts! I kept more than I really should have, but they are folded and put away tidily. Pants drawer was easy, as most of them are in the wash. I sorted all of my jewelry (tons, since that is what I do for a job), put it all in the standing case, and passed on the earring rack to the girl. She's thrilled to have it and I'm thrilled to be rid of it. It served me well for many years, and now it will serve her. Perfect!

Halfway through my lingerie drawer, I realized that it was 3pm and I hadn't eaten yet. Ooops! No complaints from the household about my mood, so maybe I'm over the low-carb flu.

A lovely cheese and salsa omelet for brunch, and now back to finish with the socks. This part has been great. What I am dreading is my office/storage room. Not large, but packed and messy. Later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cave Woman View Post
                    A great story, BG! So lucky you found the same design. Is it like this one?
                    No it is a really unusual (I'd searched and searched for the same design to no avail)...design of interlaced running dogs (they look like greyhounds) around the whole ring with a thin band top and bottom. Perhaps I can persuade husband to let me take a photo...

Comment

• Sounds gorgeous, BG. No worries on the photo. I Googled celtic dog ring images and found some that I'm sure are along the lines of his. It's great he enjoys it so much. The Cave Man used to make jewelry with me, but he never wears anything but his silver paddle pendant. We were kayaking guides and it's been his good luck charm ever since.

I can't believe I'm enjoying tidying so much! It's totally crazy and uncharacteristic of me.

Comment

• Kinda...but not really. His is hollow between the dogs and the dogs are more dog like

Comment

• How lucky to have something so unique!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cave Woman View Post
                            How lucky to have something so unique!
                            I tell him the same thing about his wife...

Comment

• Hahahahaha!

Comment

• 10 lovely hours of sleep last night. Wonderful reward for a long day of cleaning and organizing.

Comment

Working...
                                X