No announcement yet.

Writing on the Cave Wall - Cave Woman's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back for the 21 Day Challenge! I slip up too often with sugar and alcohol, and the occasional chips splurge. Time to tighten things up and hold myself accountable in public. I'm up a few pounds, and probably down a few pounds of muscle. Too much working, not enough playing!
    I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Welcome back.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Thanks, Greensprout.

Primal eating was easy yesterday. Eggs and sausage for brunch, two apricots when the mid morning sweet craving arrived, Chicken and roasted garlic soup for dinner. I wasn't hungry. Nice.

Today I have a headache and am feeling blah. Carb flu, for sure. I'll do my alignment exercises for my neck and shoulders and go out for a snowshoe in a while. I'm not getting much work done today, though my research has been fairly productive.

Eggs and bacon for brunch. About now I would be having some chocolate, but I think I'll have some almond butter instead.
        I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Comment

• Almond butter on celery was perfect! Followed by some push-ups and hanging on the bar, alignment exercises for the neck and shoulders, and then a big walk in the woods on some very uneven snow.
          Dinner of sauteed veggies and steak.
          I still have the headache, not bad, but there, nonetheless. I had a wee bit of dark chocolate and it eased a bit. If this is the extent of my carb flu then I think I can handle it.

Comment

• Inspiration for the day:
            "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." Will Rogers

Comment

• Headache is gone, and I feel pretty good today. No cravings most of the day, just not quite the amount of energy I should have. Not bad for low-carb flu.

Went to the dentist and got my fangs scraped. This Fall I got the last of my old mercury fillings removed and now my pearly whites are extra clean and shiny for shredding lots of meats and veggies.

Walked the dogs in the woods as usual, about 3 miles over very uneven snow. Worked in a few dozen squats along the way.

Diet has been fine and easy today. It sure helps that I have been making such killer bone broth soups lately. Chicken with tons of roasted garlic and onions is keeping at bay the cold that has stricken the others in the household. My low-carb flu is nothing to their misery.

Beef and veggie stir fry again tonight, or so my chef says.

Comment

• After a breakfast of eggs and sausage, I took off for a day of errands in the big city, or, rather, the county seat, a town of about 20,000 15 miles down the highway. I call it the vortex, because it sucks you in and messes with my blood sugar. I have been primal and not really hungry much, but today I had a blood sugar crash. Fortunately there was a Natural Grocery nearby and I was saved by a Tanka bar and a coconut water. That bison with bacon and cranberries is da bomb!

I guess I lost track of time and am not really fat adapted yet.

But I got the official errands done and had fun with the frivolous ones. I even found several pairs of cute shoes with zero rise! And wide enough for my duck feet! All hail Payless Shoes kids section. Did you know that kids size 5 is the same as women's 7?

More great sauteed asian veggies and spicy roasted chicken for dinner. I wasn't even tempted by the Caveman's rice or the girl's yam.

Comment

• Today's thought:

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

Comment

• Did not bump into you the first time round, but very glad to get to know you this time. And thank you for you kind words over at my journal. Writing might be my biggest vanity.
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanks for stopping by, Badgergirl! Great to see you here!

Is it vanity if you really are good? I think it is just acknowledging a reality.

Comment

• Lunch with a friend today. Great time and yummy Cobb salad. Probably PUFAs in the dressing, but I use about a teaspoon so am not too worried. Friend gave me dark chocolate with cherries and hot chilis. Yum! Perfect.

A wonderful snowshoe this afternoon with friend and dogs. Gorgeous sunset A few pullups, pushups, squats, and planks and then off to the studio to get some work done.

Life is good, but sometimes there just isn't enough time in a day to fit in the job. Good thing I'm the boss and only employee. I think that is my one true job benefit.

Comment

• I have been told by members of the household that I have been the Wicked Witch of the West today. I guess I am having more detox symptoms than I realized.

They recommended a glass of wine to calm me down. Who am I to argue with a nice Petit Syrah?

Comment

• Well, one glass of wine turned into two, which led to a scoop of ice cream, which lead to not getting to sleep until very late and a tremendous headache and stomachache.

Lesson learned? We shall see.

Comment

• "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." - Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Eggs and sausage for breakfast. A brisk walk through the snowy woods with the girl. A spoonful of almond butter mixed with a spoonful of coconut manna topped with a couple of Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips. Wonderful snack.

i have done a bit of preliminary tossing ala KonMarie. I found out that my silver trays while quite expensive on Replacements.com are only going for the price of the silver on Ebay. It seems a shame to just melt them down to make jewelry. So back they go into the cupboard for now.

I have thinned out the tablecloths and candle holders and have 2 large bags to go to the 2nd hand store from my closet. It feels like a good start.

Comment

Working...
                                X