Rasputina's Log O' Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
    No shame in your game, Panda! Pick that head up!
    * head still hanging *

I was always told growing up to study whatever interested me and a great job would just appear. Instead of applying even the very basics of critical thinking skills to this, I just blindly believed it. And how hard did that come back to bite me once I graduated! $25,000 in debt and no one needs a panda who translated the Homeric Hymn to Demeter from Ancient Greek to English. Imagine!
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

@GayPanda: Hmmm... have you tried Craigslist? No, I feel you, because it's the same Reading Rainbow "butterfly in the sky" bullshit I was fed. Society actually just expects you to grow up and become a professor, so that you can bleed the financial teats of the next generation of dreamers. At least you have a sense of humor and impeccable taste is shows. Plus, you're a Greek literate Panda. I wonder if the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow is still around? I've got my ear to the ground for you.

Comment

Today was fairly pleasant. I'm wearing a new (used) pair of size 4 jeans, and I'm glad that my wardrobe fits again. For lunch I had leftover spicy pork tenderloin, and some turkey, rolled up with guac. Skipped dinner last night, so tonight I'm going to try and eat some smoky-chicken chili. Despite being a grammar-Nazi "troll," and an apparently failed recovering alcoholic who advocates Ru Paul for president, I'm feeling pretty positive about myself today. We could all get hit by a plane engine at any time, folks. Don't be so serious. It's a mad world.

Comment

Dear friends, I've tried to come back to this forum in the hopes that a previous infesting crop of horrid, unfeeling people had left the forum. They did. Unfortunately, it seems, they have been replaced by a new crop. This place was originally a forum of support for people trying to change their lives. Now, dissenting opinions are akin to heresy and "kindness" is viewed as weakness. The mentally ill are touted as "whiny" and illiterate doctors are golden calves. Luckily, I've found another forum. I hope my friends find it too. Love you, good luck, I'm over it.

Comment

Um, can I be invited to you fun filled forum?
            Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

Originally posted by me2 View Post
              Um, can I be invited to you fun filled forum?
              I am sending you a private message.

Comment

Bye and hope you find what you were looking for. Some are still supportive here and others are just over it. In Kruse defense though, I must say that many cravings I used to have for alchohol (or what have you) have all but gone since following his reset protocol, so whether you can understand it all or not, there is something going on here. Again - I wish the best to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                  Bye and hope you find what you were looking for. Some are still supportive here and others are just over it. In Kruse defense though, I must say that many cravings I used to have for alchohol (or what have you) have all but gone since following his reset protocol, so whether you can understand it all or not, there is something going on here. Again - I wish the best to you!
                  Goodbye, Mud Flinger! I am hanging on here for a bit, just until my friends that have PM'd me can get responses about this other forum. I am glad you have had success with heavy protein in the mornings, three meals and no snacking, lots of sleep (did I get that right?). There is much more to Dr. Kruse than meets the eye, if one searches for it, but, you know. I am one of those who are really just over it. Sad, really, because there are some great folks on here with great advice, and I admire Sisson, but it's just become way too cliquish and weird for me. Cheers to your health, Mud Flinger! Perhaps we shall meet again in cyberspace

Comment

I am back. Hopefully, the forum is all better now. I am eating more veg, less meat/fat/cheese/beer is rarely enjoyed.

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaay! I was just thinking of your fine face.

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

I love you, me2, I just couldn't stay away from you!!!

Comment

Woke up with the dreaded brain-fog problem. Yesterday, I was driving and must've just "spaced out" and drove into a curb (no, I hadn't been drinking). It really shook me up and I don't trust myself to drive. I've had these weird fugue states off and on for years. Poor memory and recently quick, stabbing headaches, like needles in the back of my head. It sucks. I wanted to go hiking today. Maybe I'll try a nap. Once we get health insurance again, I can go see a doc.

Comment

That is no fun. I know that brain fog can be a symptom of gut dysbiosis. I found this thread with some more info about brain fog. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by me2 View Post
                              That is no fun. I know that brain fog can be a symptom of gut dysbiosis. I found this thread with some more info about brain fog. Good luck!
                              Thanks for that link, Me2. I think my years of drinking heavily, in combo with gluten issues, has certainly taken a toll on me. There are only a few rare days when I feel totally clear and "normal."

Comment

Twas yet another gloomy day here. One thing that did brighten it up is that my artwork was published in a magazine and it got an awesome reception from my friends and co-workers (most of who didn't know I was an artist). It inspires me to keep going with my art, even though, this recent brain fog has been preventing me from doing stellar work. I start my second job tomorrow and hope I can muster the cheeriness it is going to require to work all day and well into the evening!
                                Tonight's dinner will be pork asado with chimichurri sauce

Comment

Working...
                                X