No announcement yet.

Rasputina's Log O' Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I just discovered that I forgot to put the soup in the fridge last night.... FU**!

Comment

EH, it won't go bad that fast

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiB View Post
        EH, it won't go bad that fast
        Blarghh, it did
        Today's food was coffee with coconut oil dallop,
        two boiled eggs
        bland chicken soup.
        Dinner is.... well, not hungry. Maybe beef bland soup redux?

Husband took my skin surface temp with his new fancy tech thermometer thingy. I was at 73 degrees. His was 89. Same amount of clothes. Bitch is skinnier than me by far. Grrr, I have the metabolism of a frakkin' robot.

Comment

Ouch. Just had a friend, who is a fashion designer, tell me that one of her clients complained about a garment that wasn't fitting her properly. My friend said, "yeah she's 5'3 and has a 29inch waist and 36 hips. I can't help it if she's not skinny and my clothes aren't going to look right on her." Ouch. Those are my stats. My friend model perfect.

Comment

I wish that there was a way for me to update my journal without bumping it to the top of the forum page, because there are a lot of really interesting new journals lately. Anyway, I'm a lithe zebra, back into my size 4 pants this morning, with no zipper-gaping, gut-sucking discomfort.

Ate my coconut-oil coffee, bland soup and hard-boiled egg today. No cravings, not hungry for dinner. Had good sleep last night and dreamed of Doctor Who (Matt smith, of course). I'm in a great freakin' mood!! Lifted and squatted heavy textbooks at work. Have freshly dyed red hair, so feeling foxy. Husband is in the midst of disassembling, fixing, and rebuilding his friend's laptop. Gotta love a man with a mini-torch!

I am a passionate cook and usually spend my days dreaming up new recipes. Not lately. I love food, but I have zero appetite- no urge to binge. Thinking of plot developments for my latest novel.

Finished season one of Portlandia last night- genius. Any one live in Portland, OR? How freakin' funny is that show?
            Oh, and my sister, who had preeclampsia, had her baby bot last night, via c-section. He was put on oxygen. Very scary. Then everyone at work was asking me when I was finally going to have kids. "Well, when you decide to donate money and time to raise them."
            Last edited by Rasputina; 01-11-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

What do you mean, Matt Smith, of course??? I first started DW with Eccleston, but Tenant is my favorite of the 3 in the recent revival. Just love those puppy-dog eyes...
              Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                What do you mean, Matt Smith, of course??? I first started DW with Eccleston, but Tenant is my favorite of the 3 in the recent revival. Just love those puppy-dog eyes...
                Aww, well my husband is a dead ringer for Matt Smith, so of course I love him!!
                Last edited by Rasputina; 01-12-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

+1 for David Tenant
                  But my 16 year old daughter likes Matt Smith best LOL

Comment

@MikkiB, well, your daughter has impeccable taste!
                    Listening to some Type O Negative. Ate my beef bland soup today- had ze tummy troubles Sooo, tonight may be plain tuna or a skipped dinner, AGAIN.
                    Braved the 1 inch snow to work today. Doesn't sound so bad, right? It took 45 minutes to reach a destination that usually takes 7 minutes. Got there and there was nothing to do. Awesome waste of my day.
                    Lady's Time cramps today, but no actual Lady's Time ( a polite-ass, body-phobic way of describing menstruation). This is a full week and a half early. Hope I'm not pregnant, because that would really throw a wrench into my"becoming famous" plans for next year.

The bland diet is still working, skinnier by the day, but I am beginning to freaking hate soup.

I am going to this place where you pay a great price to assemble your own freezer meals, for my sister, who just had a baby. They have plenty of low-carb, gluten-free options- perfect for my sis, who's husband will have to go back to work on Tuesday. She already has an autistic toddler, so with her new baby and her c-section recovery, these "pop in the oven and bake" meals will be a life-saver. Plus, it's extremely cost-effective- no wasted ingredients.

I am developing a website and ebook for an arsenal of assemble-ahead, freeze, store, then bake meals, paleo/primal style. It is really difficult to find freezer meals that don't use an ass-load of dairy. I have a ton of dairy-free paleo/primal freezer-meal recipes that I've adapted.
                    Anyway, the bland diet is still working, cravings are nhil, but I am looking forward to cooking again

Comment

Je m'ennuie. Je m'ennuie de chanter et aller à des fêtes. Je m'ennuie de la philosophie et à rêver. Oubliez le corps. Je m'ennuie de la stimulation de l'esprit. Donnez-moi un Boquet ... Les Fleurs du Mal!

Comment

I think I got a sense of what you said, but my French was never very good, despite 7 years of it from middle school through high school!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have for those frozen primal recipes. I would love to get to the point with my culinary skills where that is an option.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

@namelesswonder, cool I will keep you updated on the website!
                          Today I did NOT have bland soup, my boss bought me a chicken salad with cilantro. It tasted amazing, almost like a rainbow of beef gravy that ends in a pot full of Stovetop stuffing. Yet, it was good for me! Tonight I am having lemongrass chicken. I could just have bland chicken, but it is Lady's Time (not pregnant, hooray!), so my tongue deserves some love. I bought a bar of 90th percentile dark chocolate, just to ease my cramps, but thus far I haven't torn into it.
                          My appetite really has become quite subdued.
                          I'm not contemplating drinking beer or smoking cigs tonight.
                          I do need more beef.

Comment

I have more success! I am down a half an inch from waist and hips from seven days ago! Even with Lady's time bloat!
                            Weight: 120 (same as 01/08/12)
                            Waist: 28in (down from 28.5 on 01/08/12)
                            Hips: 35in (down from 35.5 on 01/08/12)
                            Hooray for bland soup experiment!

Comment

Went to one of my fave cafes last night with my husband and my dad, and I had a gluten-free roast beef, made with locally baked gluten-free bread. I got about six gift cards to this place and was very excited to go, because I eat a gluten-free bread sandwich about once every six months, and it always rocks. Not this time. The bread was getting in the way of the meat- it had to go. I normally devour the whole thing, but this time I was barely able to eat half. AND I DID NOT TRY TO SHOVE THE OTHER HALF DOWN MY GULLET!! PROGRESS!!

Comment

I feel nervous about my upcoming doctor visit. I hate going to the doc (my last one told me I had anxiety disorder and tried to shove meds down my throat), but I need to go and get things checked out before we cancel our insurance (can't afford it, doing a health savings plan, instead).
                                I just feel like they think I'm a hypochondriac because of the myriad of weird concerns I have: hardened lymph node in neck, distended abs that puff and de-puff a lot, decreased sex-drive, real un-cute lady-stache that sprouted up out of no where (I Nair it every week) my husband says he can't even notice it though. Oh yeah, foot problems, major memory problems, weird teeny tiny red dots all over my body, super cold hands and feet, fibrocyctic breasts (had ultrasound for that already, need to stop drinking caffeine)... the list goes on and you can see why I am afraid to mention all of these things at once so that I don't sound like a complete loon.

Comment

Working...
                                X