X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Eleven
    11 days Binge Free
    Whole30 challenge: Day Five

First day back in Texas and back at work, and more importantly, back at Crossfit!

Food
    Good, big breakfast! Had previously been drinking a Paleo-ish recovery drink after Crossfit, and looked at the ingredients and realized it has some form of sugar in it, so it's out for the next month. So I made an egg after Crossfit for recovery before bed. Will have to figure it out.

Exercise
    1mile walk with the dog before work, she was so happy! The Crossfit at night. We did about a 45minute MetCon workout. Sucked! Man, I am a terrible runner and my pullups are SOOOO FAR from happening!

Sunlight, Play, Use Brain
    Sat outside at lunch in the sun for about 20minutes, so my arms and face got sun. Will put shorts on from now on and try to get more exposure.
    Didn't play too much, but chased the dog around and "played" with her for about 5 minutes. She definitely missed me for the last 3 weeks!
    For my brain, I got a 'Conversational French' CD set for Christmas to help remind me of my years of french back in the day and prepare me for our Caribbean trip. Listed and responded to about 45mins worth while commuting today.

Avoid Poison & Stupid Mistakes
    Check!

Sleep
    Was super exhausted and fell asleep around 830pm! Slept about 10 hours! Felt wonderful, guess I'm back on Texas time!

I had a counseling session yesterday with my therapist, been going for about 3 months, and she basically said I've improved so much that I just need to start coming once a month for maintenance. Hooray! I felt very proud. So I see her again the first week of February and I am hoping I'll be like 40 days binge free by then!
    的t's a lifestyle--train like there's no finish line".

Army Officer by day.
    Practicing Crossfitter, Yogi, Chef and Hiker by night.

Comment

I can't believe I did it, but I submitted a picture and personal goal statement to Mark for the 2012 Challenge page. Whoooooa! Guess that's another way to keep me accountable!

Army Officer by day.

Comment

yeah cassanina! you're doing Great i got ten hours of sleep last night too, and boy was that wonderful. it's so nice not to have kids wake me up. and a dark bedroom... ahh. go you for dusting off the french! that's exciting
        -joan's primal journal and blog-

Comment

Thanks Joan! I am a huge giant fan on sleep! I've always been a person that really performs better on 8, 9 or 10 hours of sleep!

Army Officer by day.

Comment

Day Twelve
            12 days Binge Free
            Whole30 challenge: Day Six

Another easy day! Can't believe it's been 12 days already, seems like I just started, but it also seems like I've been doing it forever! Funny how that works.

Food
            I ate a lot of eggs yesterday. As breakfast, and as my post workout recovery. Headed to a local farm on Sunday to get my very first farm-grown chicken and dozens of eggs!

Exercise
            1mile walk with pup.
            1hour of yoga (man, I needed this! My hips are TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT!)
            Crossfit: AMRAP in 10minutes of 5 Behind-the-neck Thrusters, 5 pushups. YIKES. I did 7 rounds, which matched one of the dudes in class so I felt good about that! Obviously I used lighter weight. Did 65 pounds for the first 2 rounds, then dropped to 45 pounds because I couldn't keep good form. Did the last 5 rounds of pushups on my knees too. Was a smoker! I can feel it in my shoulders today.

20min of sun at lunch (face, arms, stomach, legs up to knees exposed). No playing. Listened to the French CDs again.

Check!

Sleep
            Went to bed around 930pm and had to get up at 0630am for the Whole9 Nutrition Conference today, but was SOOOO EXCITED for it that I woke up like 10 times and had weird dreams about it! So got about 8 hours of sleep.

I'm off to the Whole9 Nutrition Conference now. Very very excited!! Will report back tomorrow on how truly AWESOME it was. There are 100 people going, all Paleo/Primal. Whoo-hoo!

Army Officer by day.

Comment

Day Thirteen
              13 days Binge Free
              Whole30 challenge: Day Seven (99% compliant - Cheese 1 day)

Went to the Whole9 Nutrition Workshop yesterday and it was really great! Learned some valuable information that I will definitely impliment. Then for some reason, I was munchy when I got home and ate a big block of cheese. FAIL. Not Whole9 approved! I've never had problems with dairy, but woke up this morning wishing I hadn't eaten it. Digestion NOT happy! I guess it felt kind of bingey last night, eating the huge amount of cheese (plus about a couple of almonds), so I had a few crazy dreams about binging and it sucked! Kept thinking I had slipped up and would have to start all over. I hate binge dreams!!

Food
              Good breakfast. Tried a Primal Pack at the workshop, was prety good. First bit of fruit in the last 7 days, because I'm trying to break my sweet addiction. Didn't trigger anything, at least I don't think so. Or maybe it did because I came home and ate all the cheese/nuts. But didn't crave a sweet binge. Hmm.

Exercise
              1mile walk with my dog after the workshop. Would have gone farther but it got super dark!
              No Crossfit, was at the workshop for 9 hours.

No sunlight. No playing. Listened to the French CDs again.

Check!

Sleep
              About 9 hours, but my roommates puppies (3 weeks old) were VERY whiny last night and kept waking me up. Plus I had lots of binge dreams, so not awesome sleep.

Today I'm off to check out a local chicken farm that's about 40 minutes away. Looking for a place to buy chicken and eggs, since I already have a local grassfed beef farmer (I get to pick up my beef next weekend, yay!). Hope it's nice, healthy chicken and yummy eggs! Looking forward to seeing the farm in person.

Also going to see my acupuncturist today, been almost a month since I saw her. Should be a good day!

Note to self: No more cheese until the Whole9 is up!

Army Officer by day.

Comment

Day Fourteen
                14 days Binge Free
                Whole30 challenge: Day Eight (99% compliant - Cheese 1 day)

Wow, two weeks down! Should get easier and easier as I go, right? Seems like it! I got a bunch of awesome meat at a local chicken farmer yesterday (best experience EVER!) Never been to a farm before to get my food and they were so humane and awesome, I will definitely make that a monthly trip! Apparently farm-fresh eggs will last 6 months in the fridge, which was the only thing I was worried about. So I bought a month's worth (hopefully) of chicken and eggs, plus a leg of goat! Never made goat before, so I gotta find a good receipe.

I'm becoming a hippie elitist when it comes to my meat, and I don't care! My co-workers think it's funny, but the meat is so much healthier and I really want to be the healthiest I can be!

Food
                Pretty much fasted all day and didn't even mean to. Had a small snack in the morning, and then was gone all day food shopping and seeing my acupuncturist. Wasn't hungry when I got home, so chalking it up to a 24hr IF.

Exercise
                2mile walk with the dog in the morning, then painted the house for almost 3 hours. Think that qualifies as good slow movement!
                No sprinting, no LHT because my Crossfit gym cancelled Sunday classes.

Was preparing to rain all day, so no sun. No playing, and probably didn't use my brain much except for grocery shopping and driving directions.

Check!

Sleep
                Slept 9 hours, and it was good sleep! Much needed and appreciated!

Back to work today, but it's only a 4-day weekend because we get Friday off for MLK Day. I love 4-day weeks!
                I'm in a super awesome mood today. Must be all the good meat I've been eating!

Army Officer by day.

Comment

Day Fifteen
                  15 days Binge Free
                  Whole30 challenge: Day Nine (99% compliant - Cheese 1 day)

Another super easy day!

Food
                  Maybe I should track this better.
                  B: 3 omelette muffins (ground pork, zucchini, brocolli, eggs, cooked in muffin tins)
                  L: Big hamburger, avocado, zucchini, BAS (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, balsamic vinegar and coconut oil)
                  Pre-WO: Hard-boiled egg, coconut cream
                  Post-WO: Can of Tuna
                  FitDay says: about 1600 calories, 65% fat, 28% protein, 7% carbs

Exercise
                  2mile walk with the dog in the morning. 1hr Yoga after work.
                  Crossfit: Practiced Hand-stands against a wall. 11min AMRAP of 10 inverted burpees, 10 wall climbs, 10 KB thrusters each arm. Finished 2 rounds, which was on par with the average. Tough workout!

Rained all day. No playing. Didn't use brain too much, except for work.

Check!

Sleep
                  Slept about 9 hours. The last few hours were full of weird dreams, so not terrific sleep at the end.

I am really hopeful that if I can keep up the awesome Paleo eating and the yoga/crossfit that I am going to look smoking hot in a bikini in March! The Whole30 is going really well and not difficult at all. Am wondering if I'll incorporate dairy back in after the 30 days, or just try to keep it out for February too in order to lose more weight before the Caribbean. Decisions, decisions....

Army Officer by day.

Comment

I just met the man of my dreams. I saw this dude at the Whole9 Nutrition workshop this weekend and thought he was hot, but didn't talk to him. He was there with some other people from his gym it looked like.

Well lo-and-behold, today at work the same dude (who's in the Army, and an Army lawyer) has to come in-process through me. I asked if he was at the conference, and it turns out he's a Crossfit coach at another box in the next town over! WHAT THE HELL! And he knows my Crossfit coach. We chatted for a couple minutes (he's on day 3 of the Whole30) and got my name, shook my hand and said he was sure he'd see me around.

Then I got all googly-eyed after he left. I texted my Crossfit coach and............................wait for it...............he has a girlfriend, another lawyer who works in my building. Fail.

SERIOUSLY UNIVERSE!! I am unamused. He could have been my soulmate!

Where do I find me a Crossfitting, Paleo-eating, hottie pants?!

Army Officer by day.

Comment

Better keep going to those Crossfit things, or better yet, visit that guy's gym? Maybe he has a friend...
                      Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        Better keep going to those Crossfit things, or better yet, visit that guy's gym? Maybe he has a friend...
                        Haha, seriously huh! I keep hoping my dream guy will join my own Crossfit gym and all will be well in the world

I unfortunately have no excuse for why to drive 30 minutes to go pay to go to another Crossfit gym, but maybe I will find a reason... *evil laugh*

Army Officer by day.

Comment

Great journal Cassanina! Sign me on for the guy-plotting parts; i love that stuff! Drives my teenage daughter crazy! L

Comment

Oh girl, so did I. And then I get an email today saying it's up and I about cried. The next one will be better!
                            Melisa Anderson
                            Holistic Wellness Coach, Personal Trainer
                            1-1-12: 175lbs

"Live a fearless life and stay focused on things you wish to have or things you wish to see happen in life.
                            "The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear." ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Thanks for the support ladies! My ex-boyfriend is currently deployed to Afghanistan, but we're planning on spending about a week of his R&R together in February. He's into all the Crossfit stuff, so maybe we'll decide we want to get back together and then I won't have to troll for other Paleo/Crossfit studs at the grocery store and whatnot! He says he eats healthy though, but it's SAD healthy and I don't think I can convince him to change. Am interested to see how our reuniting goes, especially since I'll have had 2 months of Paleo and 2 months of Crossfit under my belt.

But just in case things don't work out (which they often don't), I am always keeping one eye open!

Army Officer by day.

Comment

Day Sixteen
                                16 days Binge Free
                                Whole30 challenge: Day Ten (99% compliant - Cheese 1 day)

I am super proud of myself! 16 days without wheat and binge-free (cause they really go hand-in-hand). I haven't made it that long in probably a year or so! Hopefully I am finally kicking this eating disorder to the curb. Woot-woot!

Besides meeting my soulmate and finding out he's taken, yesterday was a pretty good day! Made homemade mayo for the first time, and it turned out great! I am becoming domestic and awesome!

Food
                                B: 3 omelette muffins (ground pork, zucchini, brocolli, eggs, cooked in muffin tins)
                                L: Big hamburger, avocado, zucchini, brocolli with coconut cream (was OK, but not awesome)
                                Snack: Hard-boiled egg, homemade mayo (had to try it out after I made it!)
                                Pre-WO: Hard-boiled egg, homemade mayo
                                Post-WO: Can of Tuna
                                FitDay says: about 1750 calories, 67% fat, 28% protein, 5% carbs

Exercise
                                Wasn't feeling too hot, so slept in and didn't walk the dog.
                                Crossfit: MetCon -- 200m run w/med ball, 50 pushups, 50 kettlebells; 200m run w/med ball, 40 pushups, 40 kettlebells; 200m run w/med ball, 30 pushups, 30 kettlebells; 200m run w/med ball, 20 pushups, 20 kettlebells; 200m run w/med ball, 10 pushups, 10 kettlebells; 40 wall balls. Took 32:31 and was a smoker. I wanted to throw up at the end. I am pretty sure I short-changed most of the pushups and kettlebells because I kept losing track.

Cloudy. Took my dog to dog training so that was a little playing and a little brain use.

Check!

Sleep
                                In bed for 8 hours, but work up after 3 hours and then just tossed and turned for 5 hours. It was terrible! Having some acute allergy reactions to the air at my work I think, and I've been sneezing up a storm. I have no clue why my sleep was so sucky! Tonight should be good because I'll be exhausted from the lack of sleep plus yoga/crossfit.

Planning a big hike this weekend with some other Crossfit girls and my dog (maybe one of their dogs too). Looking forward to 4 days off! I love federal holidays.

Army Officer by day.

Comment

Working...
                                X