No announcement yet.

Still craving pterodactyl...Kate's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, still continuing to feel great, for the most part, deal with stresses better, and the weight is stable. My BP is GREAT. I cut my pills in half, then half again, and I haven't taken any at all in days--I'm still in the 120/70 range. Not bad for an old chickie, as I keep saying!

I messed up my right knee in early October, so it joins my left in being painful--exercise is even more of a challenge, but I'm doing upper body stuff and some light legwork. Sprinting has NEVER been an option, since I screwed up the first knee in '99! Love my light weights and Thera-bands.

This stuff works!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

It's been a while since I checked in, and happily my knees are much better. I LOVE my walker with the tricycle bell and drink container, but love it even more in storage.

Still no BP pills necessary...usually in the 110s/60s range, even with a stressful visit to California for my father-in-law's memorial and all the attendant family stuff.

It was hard to get good vegetables in CA, of all things...surprised me how little imagination was used. If I never see another plate of mixed steamed (flabby, tasteless) vegetables it will be WAY too soon. We ended up eating more potatoes than I have in the past two YEARS, plus a couple of helpings of creme brulee, but now that we're back home with our own stove and refrigerator, I've lost the few pounds I'd gained over that week. Life is good. I FEEL good. Loving the big salads for lunch, with NO ICEBERG LETTUCE.
      Best--
      Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

And hooray, here it is 5 years later, I'm still Primal, and have lost quite a bit more weight. Another 5 in the past month, after hitting a years-long plateau!
        Best--
        Kate

Comment

Wow!
          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'm very pleased, after a lifetime of off and on "dieting," to have finally found what works for me.
            Best--
            Kate

Comment

Congratulations, Kate. And thank you for taking the time to post an update. I'm also a lifelong dieter and after falling off the primal wagon two years ago managed to climb back on just recently. I feel so much better - again - but my previous track record of sticking to it worries me. It's encouraging to hear that you're still primal five years later and happy and healthy.
              My primal journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63591.html

Comment

I had enough negative feedback from NOT eating Primal that it's not all that hard to stick with it! I hate acid reflux...

And thanks, best of luck to you!
                Best--
                Kate

Comment

Working...
                X